Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane looked really good yesterday 15:29 - Feb 16 with 5508 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Deserved a goal but he just sees the right pass. Numerous times he put Jackson away. Lots of people seemed to slate him playing over Norwood but he's a class act. If we are taking it to teams he's excellent.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Keane looked really good yesterday on 12:54 - Feb 17 with 689 viewsSimonds92

Keane looked really good yesterday on 10:14 - Feb 17 by Vaughan8

I can't comment on the weekend so I know my opinion won't count, but I have seen him a few times this season and he has looked not very good. Always fouling, or falling over pathetically rarely winning a foul.

If you look at the Burton goal, it starts from him getting easily pushed off the ball for them to go on the attack from our goal kick. However piss poor defending again is the most to blame.

Next we will be having people say he deliberately missed the header for Jackson's goal? haha

Seems to be massively over rated after a good game. If he strings a few good games with a few goals, then we can start "bigging" him up.

Agree with this not strong enough on the ball for someone of his stature. Lucas Akins looked a lot better as a hold up striker than Keane on Saturday, although it seems Keane has quite a lot of fangirls on here.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 13:40 - Feb 17 with 659 viewsGarv

Keane looked really good yesterday on 06:41 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

" I do think a confident Norwood is a better striker then Jackson and a better footballer"

I genuinely don't see how anybody can come to this conclusion based on the evidence of this season. Jackson has been involved in 40% of our goals this season, he is clearly our most productive striker. If you think Jackson would struggle back in the Championship then you can double that for Norwood, from what I have seen he would be nowhere near good enough.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 7:31]

He's a better 'footballer', I think that's a fair opinion. 'Most productive' is a bit of a different argument isn't it?

Norwood's conversion rate isn't great, we know that. But what you don't see from stats is how missed chances can create pressure and drive us on.

Very different players.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane looked really good yesterday on 14:10 - Feb 17 with 632 viewsHerbivore

Keane looked really good yesterday on 13:40 - Feb 17 by Garv

He's a better 'footballer', I think that's a fair opinion. 'Most productive' is a bit of a different argument isn't it?

Norwood's conversion rate isn't great, we know that. But what you don't see from stats is how missed chances can create pressure and drive us on.

Very different players.

Desperate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane looked really good yesterday on 14:18 - Feb 17 with 626 viewsHarry_Palmer

Keane looked really good yesterday on 13:40 - Feb 17 by Garv

Very different players.

Who is the 'better footballer' is obviously subjective to a point and I suppose It depends what criteria you use for defining ' better footballer ' really.

If we are talking about two strikers though, surely goals and assists contribute greatly to how good a footballer you are? Of course you would also look at how well they hold the ball up and their link play, creativity etc.

Those things are not where Jacksons strengths lie but then to be honest I have been underwhelmed by Norwood's general contribution and involvement outside of the box as well. Apart from the lovely assist he provided at Tranmere I don't really recall him offering much.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 568 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Keane looked really good yesterday on 14:18 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

Who is the 'better footballer' is obviously subjective to a point and I suppose It depends what criteria you use for defining ' better footballer ' really.

If we are talking about two strikers though, surely goals and assists contribute greatly to how good a footballer you are? Of course you would also look at how well they hold the ball up and their link play, creativity etc.

Those things are not where Jacksons strengths lie but then to be honest I have been underwhelmed by Norwood's general contribution and involvement outside of the box as well. Apart from the lovely assist he provided at Tranmere I don't really recall him offering much.

Garv summed up my opinion above.

Jackson has to start ahead of Norwood on form. I think Norwood has struggled with his injury and getting back to form and confidence. Pre-season and start of Season Norwood was very different to how he has played last 2 months or so.

I think there is an excellent player there. Jackson has some really dangerous attributes but his actually footballing skills are not fantastic. His pace is great and works really hard. Give Jackson massive credit. Didn't mean to come across as knocking him. Just feel from what i've seen there is more.to come from Norwood.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:08 - Feb 17 with 553 viewsHerbivore

Keane looked really good yesterday on 16:39 - Feb 17 by Terry_Nutkins

Garv summed up my opinion above.

Jackson has to start ahead of Norwood on form. I think Norwood has struggled with his injury and getting back to form and confidence. Pre-season and start of Season Norwood was very different to how he has played last 2 months or so.

I think there is an excellent player there. Jackson has some really dangerous attributes but his actually footballing skills are not fantastic. His pace is great and works really hard. Give Jackson massive credit. Didn't mean to come across as knocking him. Just feel from what i've seen there is more.to come from Norwood.

That last claim is just you guessing though. He's 29 and has little room for improvement in his game at this stage. At no point this season has Norwood looked to be a particularly good footballer, early in the season he worked hard and his movement meant he got chances. He missed most of those chances though. Jackson has been much more consistent and more of a threat and he has the attributes to potentially do okay at a higher level. League 1 is Norwood's ceiling for sure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024