Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Tory loon 18:49 - Feb 16 with 16825 viewsHARRY10

It is often said that most 'righties are either mad, sad or bad. This one seems to fit all three.

Recently apppointed as the new special advisor Andrew Sabisky seems to have said aloud what many of these types think in private -

' giving all children modafinil, a drug that cuts the need for sleep by two-thirds, even at the cost of “a dead kid once a year

" It is still unclear to what extent FGM represents a serious risk to young girls, raised in the UK, of certain minority group origin"

that women's sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men's

suggested more black people are “close to mental retardation

and that

the young to undergo compulsory contraception to prevent a permanent underclass'

Any progressive party and there would be loud calls for his dismissal from that party - whereas not only is he welcome in the Tory party, he is given a job in number 10 advising them !

[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 18:52]
Another Tory loon on 06:38 - Feb 18 with 3012 viewsTonytown

Another Tory loon on 23:31 - Feb 17 by Oxford_Blue

This is precisely what I mean - any attempt at any level of even touching the subject is met with a shut down.

As I’ve said, I’m not advocating it but, for example, why is it wrong to not consider sterilisation for a woman who is a heroin addict and refuses to stop? The child will be born an addict and suffer greatly. Similarly, there are some women who are violent towards children and who will inevitably do it again. Why in those circumstances is it unreasonable to consider the options?

To compare this to Hitler is nonsensical.

Lots of mentions of women addicts and abusers in your posts, none of men who are much more likely to be either.

A little bit of misogyny perhaps???
Another Tory loon on 07:24 - Feb 18 with 2971 viewsDanTheMan

This is precisely what I mean - any attempt at any level of even touching the subject is met with a shut down.

As I’ve said, I’m not advocating it but, for example, why is it wrong to not consider sterilisation for a woman who is a heroin addict and refuses to stop? The child will be born an addict and suffer greatly. Similarly, there are some women who are violent towards children and who will inevitably do it again. Why in those circumstances is it unreasonable to consider the options?

"any attempt at any level of even touching the subject is met with a shut down."

Because we've seen exactly where it leads, historically.

Also Lucan is not wrong with the Hitler / Nazi analogy, as it was not just racial groups that were put into the concentration camps or were forced sterilised, but included many disabled people or alcoholics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_for_the_Prevention_of_Hereditarily_Diseased_Of

So the comparison is actually not at all nonsensical.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Another Tory loon on 08:05 - Feb 18 with 2929 viewsHerbivore

Actually, as others have pointed out, the comparison with Hitler is very apt.

Out of interest, have you had much direct involvement with parents with substance misuse issues or babies withdrawing from heroin? I have and I think the suggestion these parents should be sterilised is abhorrent. I'm also not sure how you feel qualified to say that a parent who has physically harmed a child will 'inevitably' do so again. It is rarely inevitable. Many parents who have caused harm to a child can, with the right support, go on to parent successfully in future without causing any harm to a child. One of the groups of individuals that are most unlikely to ever be able to safely parent a child are those with learning disabilities that make it impossible for them to predict or respond to a child's needs. Do you feel there's a legitimate debate about sterilising them?

The idea of forcibly sterilising people who engage in potentially harmful behaviours is pretty disgusting. That's why it gets shut down without much engagement, it doesn't warrant the credence that a proper debate would give it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another Tory loon on 12:51 - Feb 18 with 2891 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 00:12 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Nothing has been shut down, bar you brain for quite some time it would seem..

Who is stopping you from posting up your thoughts on eugenics. Absolutely no one. Why not start the ball rolling on that debate.

And perhaps you could qualify this comment you made on Sunday

"I think that the fact that senior government ministers have reportedly refused to work with him, and want him sacked, suggests that this individual’s views are not shared by the government which defeats the poster’s premise. "

If only to re-assure others that not all of your posts contain lies, A couple og senior ministers who mad comment by then will do.

Any update on those senior government ministers ?

or should we flag that as yet another rightie lie ?

Because all I have is

"Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, said over the weekend that Sabisky’s comments were “not my views and those are not the views of the government”.

However, the prime minister’s deputy official spokesman said Shapps was speaking only for himself when he made that statement."

Which rather suggest only one minister, who it appears did not have the support of any other minister. In fact quite the opposite.
Another Tory loon on 12:56 - Feb 18 with 2885 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 12:51 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Any update on those senior government ministers ?

or should we flag that as yet another rightie lie ?

Because all I have is

"Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, said over the weekend that Sabisky’s comments were “not my views and those are not the views of the government”.

However, the prime minister’s deputy official spokesman said Shapps was speaking only for himself when he made that statement."

Which rather suggest only one minister, who it appears did not have the support of any other minister. In fact quite the opposite.

It was reported as off the record comments by Alex Wickham

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another Tory loon on 13:14 - Feb 18 with 2871 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 12:56 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

It was reported as off the record comments by Alex Wickham

So no actual ministers, merely someone's claim on twitter who states

"Have spoken to multiple special advisers who say they and their cabinet ministers will refuse to work with Andrew Sabisky"

Odd how very shortly after this blew up this chap had already spoken to numerous SPADS who had already spoken with ministers.....on a Sunday

So why did Oxford Blue not refer to this source, or the one he did read ? Surely having been hit for a six and battered all round the pitch he would have triumphantly posted what source his 'information' came from.

To me this merely smacks of one source attempting to big himself up - not evidence at all.
Another Tory loon on 13:25 - Feb 18 with 2862 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 13:14 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

So no actual ministers, merely someone's claim on twitter who states

"Have spoken to multiple special advisers who say they and their cabinet ministers will refuse to work with Andrew Sabisky"

Odd how very shortly after this blew up this chap had already spoken to numerous SPADS who had already spoken with ministers.....on a Sunday

So why did Oxford Blue not refer to this source, or the one he did read ? Surely having been hit for a six and battered all round the pitch he would have triumphantly posted what source his 'information' came from.

To me this merely smacks of one source attempting to big himself up - not evidence at all.

It's not "someone on Twitter" it's a political journalist who has been reliable in the past, it's not difficult for someone like that to get quotes quickly off the record from SPADs, there is similar from Jack Blanchard in Politico.

Even with this evidence, which I would take as true personally - the issue isn't the Tory party appointing people like this, it is Number 10 doing so. The rest of the SpAds, many of whom have been sacked, have had to work up through the normal channels - not be drafted in as a 'weirdo' by Cummings so their noses are out of joint

Another Tory loon on 13:35 - Feb 18 with 2847 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 13:25 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

It's not "someone on Twitter" it's a political journalist who has been reliable in the past, it's not difficult for someone like that to get quotes quickly off the record from SPADs, there is similar from Jack Blanchard in Politico.

Even with this evidence, which I would take as true personally - the issue isn't the Tory party appointing people like this, it is Number 10 doing so. The rest of the SpAds, many of whom have been sacked, have had to work up through the normal channels - not be drafted in as a 'weirdo' by Cummings so their noses are out of joint

That overlooks that claim that these advisors had already spoken with their minister, who had supposedly expressed an opinion, which I very much doubt.

That's why Oxford Blue was not able to post up anything in his defence.

No one has claimed this was down to the Tory Party either. The question was. from the start, who thought this was a suitable appointment.

Which then progressed into questions as to why there was no condemnation of his previous comments and why it took so long for him to be sacked. That's all, nothing about the Tory Party.
Login to get fewer ads

Another Tory loon on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 2836 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 13:35 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

That overlooks that claim that these advisors had already spoken with their minister, who had supposedly expressed an opinion, which I very much doubt.

That's why Oxford Blue was not able to post up anything in his defence.

No one has claimed this was down to the Tory Party either. The question was. from the start, who thought this was a suitable appointment.

Which then progressed into questions as to why there was no condemnation of his previous comments and why it took so long for him to be sacked. That's all, nothing about the Tory Party.

"That overlooks that claim that these advisors had already spoken with their minister, who had supposedly expressed an opinion, which I very much doubt."

That's your prerogative to do so, it seems fairly clear no-one outside number 10 thought this was a good appointment

Another Tory loon on 14:00 - Feb 18 with 2824 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 13:41 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

"That overlooks that claim that these advisors had already spoken with their minister, who had supposedly expressed an opinion, which I very much doubt."

That's your prerogative to do so, it seems fairly clear no-one outside number 10 thought this was a good appointment

You finally got there

That is the whole point - it was only ever you and the usual suspects who tried to spin it as being some Tory party action that needed to be refuted
Another Tory loon on 14:24 - Feb 18 with 2810 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 14:00 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

You finally got there

That is the whole point - it was only ever you and the usual suspects who tried to spin it as being some Tory party action that needed to be refuted

What are you talking about?

You are so quick to just label people and group people together, it's really poor form on this board.

Anyone you think disagrees with you, whether they do or don't as you just jump to conclusions with no real thought behind it is labelled - there's no point even trying to engage with you

Explain this please on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 2801 viewsDyland

Another Tory loon on 22:00 - Feb 17 by Oxford_Blue

There is an argument for sterilising some people - heroin addicts, child abusers who will abuse again, mothers who have abused / harmed other children and who have drink and drug problems. I don’t necessarily agree with it, and I see the issues it raises. But I don’t see why we can’t debate it - and why some views are just immediately shouted down hysterically.

What's the argument for sterilising heroin addicts, or mothers who have drink or drug problems? Or have I misunderstood your post?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Another Tory loon on 14:50 - Feb 18 with 2791 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 14:24 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

What are you talking about?

You are so quick to just label people and group people together, it's really poor form on this board.

Anyone you think disagrees with you, whether they do or don't as you just jump to conclusions with no real thought behind it is labelled - there's no point even trying to engage with you

I post up comments made by someone who been appointed to work in Number 10

I question that appointment

You start chuntering on about that being an 'attack' on the Tory party (which it wasn't)

You then try to defend a misleading post by adding some guff from a journalist.

Any lack of engagement is through you not wanting to address the core point made - instead trying to distract.
Another Tory loon on 16:14 - Feb 18 with 2757 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 14:50 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

You start chuntering on about that being an 'attack' on the Tory party (which it wasn't)

Any lack of engagement is through you not wanting to address the core point made - instead trying to distract.

Here we go, just rude again.

I wasn't chuntering on about it being an 'attack', I wasn't defending misleading posts, merely stating what i'd seen from a journo and just posting that.

I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was, I didn't comment on the thread until after the bloke had been sacked/resigned (which was the right decision)

Try reading what people write, engaging with them and not just being rude, going off the point and labelling people as x, y and z.

Another Tory loon on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 2727 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 16:14 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

Here we go, just rude again.

I wasn't chuntering on about it being an 'attack', I wasn't defending misleading posts, merely stating what i'd seen from a journo and just posting that.

I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was, I didn't comment on the thread until after the bloke had been sacked/resigned (which was the right decision)

Try reading what people write, engaging with them and not just being rude, going off the point and labelling people as x, y and z.

So, you only joined the thread to.....................post something that you admit had nothing to do with the core point - but by per chance just happened to be defendig a previous misleading claim.

And you don't see any contradiction in claiming I am 'going off the point 'with your words "I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was"

(I should stop digging if I were you)
Another Tory loon on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 2724 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 16:56 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

So, you only joined the thread to.....................post something that you admit had nothing to do with the core point - but by per chance just happened to be defendig a previous misleading claim.

And you don't see any contradiction in claiming I am 'going off the point 'with your words "I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was"

(I should stop digging if I were you)

You kept asking him for evidence, I posted something which may have been where he got it from as you kept bugging him for it. Not difficult to understand?

EDIT - And where am I digging?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 16:58]

Another Tory loon on 17:14 - Feb 18 with 2705 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 16:57 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

You kept asking him for evidence, I posted something which may have been where he got it from as you kept bugging him for it. Not difficult to understand?

EDIT - And where am I digging?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 16:58]

I don't think asking someone for evidence of a claiming is keep bugging him, as vapour trail also questioned his claim.

What you posted was dubious, unattributable claims made by a journalist - not evidence at all. You then further tried to muddy the waters with this "the issue isn't the Tory party appointing people like this"

when clearly no one had said it was.

You now talk of me 'going off the thread' when I'm trying to stay with the core point of the OP. But you freely admit "I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was". Perhaps you are Oxford Blue who knows. You righties all seem as mad as each other.
Another Tory loon on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 2681 viewsbrazil1982

Another Tory loon on 14:50 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

If your original post is not meant as an attack on the Conservative party, why that particular thread title?
Another Tory loon on 17:32 - Feb 18 with 2678 viewsitfcjoe

Another Tory loon on 17:14 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

I don't think asking someone for evidence of a claiming is keep bugging him, as vapour trail also questioned his claim.

What you posted was dubious, unattributable claims made by a journalist - not evidence at all. You then further tried to muddy the waters with this "the issue isn't the Tory party appointing people like this"

when clearly no one had said it was.

You now talk of me 'going off the thread' when I'm trying to stay with the core point of the OP. But you freely admit "I haven't even tried to get involved with whatever the core point was". Perhaps you are Oxford Blue who knows. You righties all seem as mad as each other.

Here we go - ‘you righties’.

How am I a right winger?

Another Tory loon on 17:34 - Feb 18 with 2669 viewsLord_Lucan

Another Tory loon on 17:32 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

How am I a right winger?

I wouldn't bother Joe.

The blokes a plank.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another Tory loon on 17:37 - Feb 18 with 2646 viewsHerbivore

Another Tory loon on 17:34 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

I wouldn't bother Joe.

The blokes a plank.

He reminds me a bit of the film Falling Down. Seems to constantly be on a rage hair trigger.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another Tory loon on 17:46 - Feb 18 with 2630 viewsLord_Lucan

Another Tory loon on 17:37 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

He reminds me a bit of the film Falling Down. Seems to constantly be on a rage hair trigger.

I never noticed his posts until the GE in December but looking back he seems to have been posting for three years.

He is reminiscent of Hackney Tractor but in a shouty way.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another Tory loon on 19:16 - Feb 18 with 2587 viewsm14_blue

Another Tory loon on 17:32 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

How am I a right winger?

It's alright Joe, I always imagine TWTD to be a bit like the BBC.

If the righties think you're a leftie, and the lefties think you're a rightie then you're probably about right (or left)
Another Tory loon on 08:12 - Feb 19 with 2515 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another Tory loon on 07:24 - Feb 18 by DanTheMan

"any attempt at any level of even touching the subject is met with a shut down."

Because we've seen exactly where it leads, historically.

Also Lucan is not wrong with the Hitler / Nazi analogy, as it was not just racial groups that were put into the concentration camps or were forced sterilised, but included many disabled people or alcoholics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_for_the_Prevention_of_Hereditarily_Diseased_Of

So the comparison is actually not at all nonsensical.

I don’t understand how any right of centre person with a shred of decency can either defend this lunatic’s views or his appointment.

That number ten refused to denounce his views and act swiftly over the weekend is utterly shameful. This is the stuff of Josef Mengele.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024