Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Tory loon 18:49 - Feb 16 with 16970 viewsHARRY10

It is often said that most 'righties are either mad, sad or bad. This one seems to fit all three.

Recently apppointed as the new special advisor Andrew Sabisky seems to have said aloud what many of these types think in private -

' giving all children modafinil, a drug that cuts the need for sleep by two-thirds, even at the cost of “a dead kid once a year

" It is still unclear to what extent FGM represents a serious risk to young girls, raised in the UK, of certain minority group origin"

that women's sport is more comparable to the Paralympics than it is to men's

suggested more black people are “close to mental retardation

and that

the young to undergo compulsory contraception to prevent a permanent underclass'

Any progressive party and there would be loud calls for his dismissal from that party - whereas not only is he welcome in the Tory party, he is given a job in number 10 advising them !

[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 18:52]
Another Tory loon on 22:01 - Feb 16 with 4142 viewsvapour_trail

Another Tory loon on 21:43 - Feb 16 by J2BLUE

Reluctantly. The other option was Boris Johnson.

My natural place on the spectrum is centre right.

There must have been something closer to the sweet spot than corbyn?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Another Tory loon on 22:21 - Feb 16 with 4126 viewsMercian

Trump would sack him for being to liberal.
Another Tory loon on 22:25 - Feb 16 with 4127 viewsjeera

Another Tory loon on 20:08 - Feb 16 by DanTheMan

Surprised nobody is slightly worried about this.

Someone hired by the Government advocated state forced sterilisation.

Eugenics.

Is this not a little concerning?

Got to say the thread's started off a bit strange to say the least. The words this man has used, seemingly unapologetically, is worrying at best, yet people are more interested in taking pots shots at each other:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/johnson-adviser-andrew-sabisky-co

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-misfits-weirdos-

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another Tory loon on 23:11 - Feb 16 with 4088 viewsjaykay

Another Tory loon on 22:25 - Feb 16 by jeera

Got to say the thread's started off a bit strange to say the least. The words this man has used, seemingly unapologetically, is worrying at best, yet people are more interested in taking pots shots at each other:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/johnson-adviser-andrew-sabisky-co

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-misfits-weirdos-

you either shoot the messenger or go full on whataboutry is the golden rule on twtd.
oh nearly forgot there is the swerve

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Another Tory loon on 05:49 - Feb 17 with 4028 viewsChurchman

Another Tory loon on 19:49 - Feb 16 by HARRY10

or

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8009949/Cabinet-open-revolt-Dominic-Cum

If you believe what the daily mail rag writes on this, then I presume you believed what they said about Corbyn being a threat to national security the day before the election? Personally if they or any of the tabloids said it was Monday I’d check elsewhere.

As it goes I’ve met a few SpAds and the like over the years and I’m not a great fan
Another Tory loon on 06:42 - Feb 17 with 4005 viewsGaryCooper

Another Tory loon on 19:47 - Feb 16 by Oxford_Blue

Who says that about right of centre people?

And what is said about left wingers?

Your bias seeps through

It is not bias it is 20/20 bigotry, it is embarrassing and childlike, if you do not politically act exactly as H and his cohorts require then you are a tory. Pratt.
Another Tory loon on 06:48 - Feb 17 with 4002 viewsGaryCooper

Another Tory loon on 20:27 - Feb 16 by Oxford_Blue

I think that the fact that senior government ministers have reportedly refused to work with him, and want him sacked, suggests that this individual’s views are not shared by the government which defeats the poster’s premise.

The conservatives introduced (and Johnson supported) same sex marriage.

I don’t accept that Tories are all racist and bigoted just as not all labour politicians are anti Semitic . This is a straw man argument.

It would better to focus on moving forwards and not attacking each other.

H and his compatriots are not interested in unifying the country, they relish the division, it gives them comfort, to be fair there are not many at his extremity and loss of reality, if he had nothing to hate he would be desolate.
Another Tory loon on 06:53 - Feb 17 with 3996 viewsGaryCooper

Eugenics.

Yes
Login to get fewer ads

Another Tory loon on 07:03 - Feb 17 with 3996 viewsbluelagos

Another Tory loon on 20:27 - Feb 16 by Oxford_Blue

I think that the fact that senior government ministers have reportedly refused to work with him, and want him sacked, suggests that this individual’s views are not shared by the government which defeats the poster’s premise.

The conservatives introduced (and Johnson supported) same sex marriage.

I don’t accept that Tories are all racist and bigoted just as not all labour politicians are anti Semitic . This is a straw man argument.

It would better to focus on moving forwards and not attacking each other.

One point of order. Whilst same sex marriage was legislated under Cameron, the majority of conservative MPs failed to support the legislation. Opposition MPs carried the vote along with a minority of Tory MPs.

And as for Boris, his homophobic description of gay men is well documented.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Another Tory loon on 07:52 - Feb 17 with 3953 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eugenics.

Very.

It will be an absolute disgrace if this bloke still had his job this afternoon. And he should be followed out of the door by Cummings who had opened Downing Street to these so called “super-talented weirdos"*.

* It could be argued that the electorate already did this on December 22.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another Tory loon on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 3900 viewsOxford_Blue

Another Tory loon on 06:48 - Feb 17 by GaryCooper

H and his compatriots are not interested in unifying the country, they relish the division, it gives them comfort, to be fair there are not many at his extremity and loss of reality, if he had nothing to hate he would be desolate.

This is the irony with any extreme viewpoint - it attacks others but doesn’t see the contradiction.
Another Tory loon on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 3850 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 05:49 - Feb 17 by Churchman

If you believe what the daily mail rag writes on this, then I presume you believed what they said about Corbyn being a threat to national security the day before the election? Personally if they or any of the tabloids said it was Monday I’d check elsewhere.

As it goes I’ve met a few SpAds and the like over the years and I’m not a great fan

What a strange post. I merely linked to the Mail to show that this was not something solely from the Observer as claimed. And if you had bothered to check Churchperson you would have seen and read the link posted up on page one....from the FT which carried the quotes I posted.

I didn't link as I thought most would not be able to get past the paywa;; and so claim I did not put up evidence however

https://www.ft.com/content/7b75c07e-50b6-11ea-8841-482eed0038b1

What this has shown is not so much what lies behind the surface with many Tory MP's but the willingness of their adherents t lie, distract and misrepresent in order to try to defend them. The quotes were claimed to be bizarre, fom the Mail and not true as I am biased. Little comment on the disturbing position of having someone working in Numberb 10 as an advisor who believes in eugenics.

I would now suggest that some of these 'lickspittles' take a look at the reaction today. A pretty much widespread condemnation, No talk of bias either.

What next from Number 10......................'you can vote for us but you cannot bear children' ?
Another Tory loon on 13:31 - Feb 17 with 3848 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 21:41 - Feb 16 by SpruceMoose

I'm not this Harry chap, if that's what you're suggesting.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 21:46]

I am not you either....................................I think
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 13:31]
Another Tory loon on 13:36 - Feb 17 with 3839 viewsjeera

Another Tory loon on 05:49 - Feb 17 by Churchman

Hang on, what?

You're suggesting the quotes are made up despite being widely reported everywhere and repeated by people who have spoken to him directly?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another Tory loon on 13:55 - Feb 17 with 3820 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 13:36 - Feb 17 by jeera

Hang on, what?

You're suggesting the quotes are made up despite being widely reported everywhere and repeated by people who have spoken to him directly?

The curious thing that seems to bedevil this forum and the wider world is the wish not to check before youn post.

A quick check on Google would have brought this person's quotes up. It would also shown how many other news sources were reporting this as well. But no, as usual the righties jumped in on full 'whataboutery' mode..

Sadly it is this willingness to lie to themselves that has got us into the current mess..

No acknowledging the contradiction between backing our women's football team with his claim that women's sport is on par with paraplygic sport. No condemnation of black people being mentally subnormal. And nothing about the horrors of eugenics.

Nope, not a sausage, just a whine that I am biased so these comments can be dismissed, we have to presume It makes you wonder what else they would defend
Another Tory loon on 15:59 - Feb 17 with 3753 viewsChurchman

Another Tory loon on 13:36 - Feb 17 by jeera

Hang on, what?

No, it was a badly written comment on my part. Apols. All I was trying to say is be careful what you read. I’ve seen first hand how distorted it can be from the Times/Guardian all the way down to the Sun.

However, as far as this individual is concerned, I am surprised he was even considered for employment (by anyone) and that he got through the vetting process if there was any in this instance. I’m sure there must be but I actually only know how it works with Civil Servants, not Advisers. Strange - I’d be interested to know why he is being employed and what he brings that others don’t.

The main point I was trying to make was about Special Advisors. From what I saw of them from Blair’s govt on, some appeared to have a lot of influence over govt policy which given they are unelected and accountable only to their direct bosses always seemed wrong to me..
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 18:51]
Another Tory loon on 16:20 - Feb 17 with 3740 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 15:59 - Feb 17 by Churchman

No, it was a badly written comment on my part. Apols. All I was trying to say is be careful what you read. I’ve seen first hand how distorted it can be from the Times/Guardian all the way down to the Sun.

However, as far as this individual is concerned, I am surprised he was even considered for employment (by anyone) and that he got through the vetting process if there was any in this instance. I’m sure there must be but I actually only know how it works with Civil Servants, not Advisers. Strange - I’d be interested to know why he is being employed and what he brings that others don’t.

The main point I was trying to make was about Special Advisors. From what I saw of them from Blair’s govt on, some appeared to have a lot of influence over govt policy which given they are unelected and accountable only to their direct bosses always seemed wrong to me..
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 18:51]

Fair comment

This appointment does rather back the notion that Johnson is little more that a frontman. Someone so desperate for the job that he will take it on any terms. Hence his constant retracting what he has said when he is trying to be popular in interviews ands speeches.

As to your comments about SPADS and their influence I wonder how this sits with brexiteers who have persistently bleated about 'unelkected eurocrats' - yet seem to have no coincerns over Cummings and his apparent control over things.

I suspect that Johnson will look more and more the powerless puppet he is as the true intent behind all this slowly emerges. Is the idea of selling off the BBC really somethung the Tory 'shires' will back ?

If this loon is not sacked from number 10 and the Tory Party within the next day or so it will surely point to where the real power is - and that is a millions miles from the dyed haired buffoon.
Another Tory loon on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 3710 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51535367

And going about how you'd expect given the reality we live in.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Another Tory loon on 18:26 - Feb 17 with 3709 viewsDubtractor

Another Tory loon on 18:18 - Feb 17 by DanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51535367

And going about how you'd expect given the reality we live in.

I think it is nice that the gov't haven't distanced themselves from these comments, but have distanced themselves from Grant Shapps comments where he states that they were “not my views and those are not the views of the government”.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another Tory loon on 19:30 - Feb 17 with 3684 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 18:26 - Feb 17 by Dubtractor

I think it is nice that the gov't haven't distanced themselves from these comments, but have distanced themselves from Grant Shapps comments where he states that they were “not my views and those are not the views of the government”.

I wonder what this chap's views are on the average brexiteer

Or on Ipswich Town's womens' football team

Even some of the black players in the youth teams

Though I do note the almost non existence of the 'usual suspects' on here posting up their condemnation of these odious and dangerous views.

Perhaps it is because they don't see them as being odious and dangerous.
Another Tory loon - RESIGNED on 19:55 - Feb 17 with 3664 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 19:30 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

I wonder what this chap's views are on the average brexiteer

Or on Ipswich Town's womens' football team

Even some of the black players in the youth teams

Though I do note the almost non existence of the 'usual suspects' on here posting up their condemnation of these odious and dangerous views.

Perhaps it is because they don't see them as being odious and dangerous.

he's gorn...........resigned
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 20:13]
Another Tory loon on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 3642 viewsOxford_Blue

Another Tory loon on 13:55 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

The curious thing that seems to bedevil this forum and the wider world is the wish not to check before youn post.

A quick check on Google would have brought this person's quotes up. It would also shown how many other news sources were reporting this as well. But no, as usual the righties jumped in on full 'whataboutery' mode..

Sadly it is this willingness to lie to themselves that has got us into the current mess..

No acknowledging the contradiction between backing our women's football team with his claim that women's sport is on par with paraplygic sport. No condemnation of black people being mentally subnormal. And nothing about the horrors of eugenics.

Nope, not a sausage, just a whine that I am biased so these comments can be dismissed, we have to presume It makes you wonder what else they would defend

You seem very keen to take offence, seek an argument and cause division.

You might want to reflect on whether this approach is more or less likely to persuade others to see your point of view.

You started off with a generalised comment implying that all Tories were bad people, and when I asked you to explain what you mean you said I had accused you of being ignorant and bigoted.

Do you have a victim / persecution complex?

The world is a complex place with complex issues. The one thing I know for sure is that there are no easy answers and no “right” ways to set up a society.
Another Tory loon on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 3626 viewsHARRY10

Another Tory loon on 20:26 - Feb 17 by Oxford_Blue

You might want to reflect on whether this approach is more or less likely to persuade others to see your point of view.

You started off with a generalised comment implying that all Tories were bad people, and when I asked you to explain what you mean you said I had accused you of being ignorant and bigoted.

The world is a complex place with complex issues. The one thing I know for sure is that there are no easy answers and no “right” ways to set up a society.

yes, I must curb my need to back my thoughts with evidence

as to whether reasoned argument or facts can persuade 'righties' then see elsewhere (no, being the answer)

but thank you for your analysis

(which I would suggest owes more to the first four letters)
Another Tory loon on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 3612 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another Tory loon on 20:26 - Feb 17 by Oxford_Blue

Except Harry’ OP represented the position perfectly. Sabisky is a loon with vile views, who shouldn’t be anywhere near number 10. And thankfully now he’s not. This wasn’t a complex issue in the slightest.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another Tory loon on 21:09 - Feb 17 with 3596 viewsOxford_Blue

Another Tory loon on 20:52 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

Except Harry’ OP represented the position perfectly. Sabisky is a loon with vile views, who shouldn’t be anywhere near number 10. And thankfully now he’s not. This wasn’t a complex issue in the slightest.

He didn’t limit his criticsm to one person - he labelled all Tories which is wrong given the man has been removed. If the party was racist and bigoted why would they remove this man?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024