Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I want to be nice about Luke Chambers 07:53 - Feb 17 with 3834 viewsthebooks

Because most you horrible lot are not.

Thought he was great on Saturday. Rallied the defence after Burton murdered us down our right, even swapping positions with Woolfenden to sort the problem out. Didn't put a foot wrong.

His long ball distribution has improved no end and he’ll even make the odd overlapping run forward.

That’s all.
I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:03 - Feb 17 with 3041 viewsHullblue

Yeah he was excellent. He played one fairly risky first time pass into midfield which beat their press and led to about 10 minutes of pressure too. It’s funny how a player can surprise you after seeing them play for so many years - he looks so much more confident on the ball at the moment.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:04 - Feb 17 with 3040 viewsJakeITFC

We looked a lot more comfortable in a back four I thought, weird how narrow the three man defence was to start with.

Edwards got loads of stick around me for the first goal when it was Woolfenden being 20 yards out of position that was the real problem.
I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:12 - Feb 17 with 3003 viewsartsbossbeard

After the weekends events and a 4-1 home win, wouldn't it be great just to be nice to all for a day on here?

Yours

A Hippy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:13 - Feb 17 with 2993 viewsGuthrum

I think some of this criticism is a hangover from when he was constantly played at right back, less effectively so than many expected of him - but more so than some others since.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:14 - Feb 17 with 2973 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:12 - Feb 17 by artsbossbeard

After the weekends events and a 4-1 home win, wouldn't it be great just to be nice to all for a day on here?

Yours

A Hippy.

Welcome to my world.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:15 - Feb 17 with 2966 viewsartsbossbeard

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:14 - Feb 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Welcome to my world.

Peace to you, brother.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:30 - Feb 17 with 2885 viewsitfcjoe

Still our most important defender, and his experience is invaluable at this level.

Defensively we've been very good all season bar the odd poor game.

Strange that our long term captain who gives everything to the club divides the fan base like marmite

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:43 - Feb 17 with 2806 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes, he was a bit of an unsung hero on Saturday.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:47 - Feb 17 with 2798 viewsBrixtonBlue

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:30 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Still our most important defender, and his experience is invaluable at this level.

Strange that our long term captain who gives everything to the club divides the fan base like marmite

My mate's son, who is 18, made an interesting point a couple of weeks ago. He said it tends to be older people that are anti-Chambo - the younger supporters like and appreciate him more because they appreciate his leadership. He's someone they look up to.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:49 - Feb 17 with 2780 viewsitfcjoe

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:47 - Feb 17 by BrixtonBlue

My mate's son, who is 18, made an interesting point a couple of weeks ago. He said it tends to be older people that are anti-Chambo - the younger supporters like and appreciate him more because they appreciate his leadership. He's someone they look up to.

Possibly, I think a lot is linked to their view of Mick though - those who hated Mick and still do are very anti-Chambers (and Skuse)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:55 - Feb 17 with 2728 viewsMullet

People actively look for a reason to blame him. Woolfenden makes a handful of similar mistakes per game (understandably he's learning and going to get better) and the comparative silence is really telling.

Same as the way in which they decided "he's not a right back" and won't shift from it. We might well struggle to replace him for anything but a decent wedge when he and Woolfenden are gone.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:58 - Feb 17 with 2714 viewsHerbivore

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:49 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Possibly, I think a lot is linked to their view of Mick though - those who hated Mick and still do are very anti-Chambers (and Skuse)

It is 100% this. The first question on the numbskull test is "what do you think of Luke Chambers?".

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 09:08 - Feb 17 with 2666 viewsGarv

You have to credit his distribution in general, he played so many 10 yard passes into midfield trying to get us playing forwards and crucially on the floor. Not always simple passes either, there was often an element of risk.

He also seems to be constantly trying to rally troops. At half time he gave all four stands a quick round of applause which I thought indicated a big slice of relief at scoring the second, and not something you tend to see at half time. Once we’d scored the 3rd and 4th you could see the weight lifted off the players’ shoulders and the confidence come out.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 09:10 - Feb 17 with 2646 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:47 - Feb 17 by BrixtonBlue

I think that's too much of a generalisation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 2546 viewsOxford_Blue

Agreed. But as captain he needs to be setting an example by being consistently dependable every week. He is playing in the third tier of English football. Surely our club captain can manage to do this?
I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 2483 viewsitfc48

I thought he played with good controlled aggression on Saturday. Attacked every header and really let their forward know he was there. It made a nice change as our defence has been too 'nice' for much of this season.
I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 10:36 - Feb 17 with 2409 viewsChateauWines

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 09:08 - Feb 17 by Garv

You have to credit his distribution in general, he played so many 10 yard passes into midfield trying to get us playing forwards and crucially on the floor. Not always simple passes either, there was often an element of risk.

He also seems to be constantly trying to rally troops. At half time he gave all four stands a quick round of applause which I thought indicated a big slice of relief at scoring the second, and not something you tend to see at half time. Once we’d scored the 3rd and 4th you could see the weight lifted off the players’ shoulders and the confidence come out.

At 1-1 we had just missed a golden chance and there were groans around stadium. He stood on centre spot lifting his arms encouraging everybody to keep going. Proper show of leadership!

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 2385 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Was good on Saturday, still has an error in him in my opinion.

Is helped with two more cultured defenders flanking him.

His leadership is paramount though, just his shear rallying of the troops as you say, and arm round his troops going to battle mentality, but he's not the best footballer in the world with an error in him.

However, would be the first name on my team sheet this season.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:26 - Feb 17 with 2312 viewsLankHenners

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:30 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

I think I mentioned this on here at the time but some of the comments I overheard about him at the Peterborough away game were ridiculous, especially considering he scored the last-minute equaliser.

At HT the old guy next to me was going on about how Chambers will cost us at least a goal every 3 games and in order to finish in the top 6 we needed to drop him.

At FT some woman in the row in front went 'can't feel too happy about that as I fcking hate Chambers'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:28 - Feb 17 with 2297 viewsSomethingBlue

Everyone should be nice about Chambers. He is an absolute credit to himself and the club.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:40 - Feb 17 with 2265 viewsSteve_M

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:26 - Feb 17 by LankHenners

I think I mentioned this on here at the time but some of the comments I overheard about him at the Peterborough away game were ridiculous, especially considering he scored the last-minute equaliser.

At HT the old guy next to me was going on about how Chambers will cost us at least a goal every 3 games and in order to finish in the top 6 we needed to drop him.

At FT some woman in the row in front went 'can't feel too happy about that as I fcking hate Chambers'.

"At FT some woman in the row in front went 'can't feel too happy about that as I fcking hate Chambers'."

Any fan who reacts like that to a meaningful goal (i.e. not when we're several goals behind) should be banned from all football for life. There's no place for them in the game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:59 - Feb 17 with 2176 viewsDyland

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:04 - Feb 17 by JakeITFC

We looked a lot more comfortable in a back four I thought, weird how narrow the three man defence was to start with.

Edwards got loads of stick around me for the first goal when it was Woolfenden being 20 yards out of position that was the real problem.

So typical innit.

It's almost as if the most vocal moaners don't have the first clue about what they are watching.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 12:02 - Feb 17 with 2159 viewsReuser_is_God

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 11:40 - Feb 17 by Steve_M

"At FT some woman in the row in front went 'can't feel too happy about that as I fcking hate Chambers'."

Any fan who reacts like that to a meaningful goal (i.e. not when we're several goals behind) should be banned from all football for life. There's no place for them in the game.

I was just about to post similar.

An utterly bizarre mentality.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 12:03 - Feb 17 with 2155 viewsReuser_is_God

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 08:49 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Which is very odd considering Chambers has criticised the last few years under Mick in the past.

Evans out

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 12:04 - Feb 17 with 2148 viewsReuser_is_God

I want to be nice about Luke Chambers on 10:36 - Feb 17 by ChateauWines

At 1-1 we had just missed a golden chance and there were groans around stadium. He stood on centre spot lifting his arms encouraging everybody to keep going. Proper show of leadership!

Yeah I noticed that too.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024