Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Earl 12:57 - Feb 17 with 1713 viewsHarlestonblue

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before but we are a much better side with Josh Earl in the team. He had an excellent game on Saturday and I would be delighted if we signed him. Not sure if that's a possibility or not?
Josh Earl on 13:00 - Feb 17 with 1681 viewsTractorCam

I think Preston rate him. Certainly looks better at centre back than left wing back.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Josh Earl on 13:08 - Feb 17 with 1616 viewsBrixtonBlue

Agreed, he was a calming presence on Saturday.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Josh Earl on 13:08 - Feb 17 with 1617 viewscrossyitfc

I mean Burton offered next to nothing going forward, that said I don't think we're likely to see much more of James Wilson this season barring injury/suspension.
Josh Earl on 13:09 - Feb 17 with 1599 viewsGarv

Looks quality and is a huge help in balancing the defence. Makes a huge difference to having right footed Wilson on the left hand side.

Played a few nice punchy passes into midfield too which we don't do enough of in general.

My only criticism was first half when he received the ball from Holy, went to play down the line and ended up turning back and giving back to Holy on his wrong foot with a player bearing down, who then kicked it straight out. Just need to be confident and play forward more.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Josh Earl on 13:23 - Feb 17 with 1520 viewshomer_123

2 observations....

1. He looks to move the ball quickly (and forward) if he can - a hugely important difference to Wilson.
2. He's got a mistake in him but....and here's the thing, he's trying to do the right thing, which is absolutely fine.

He offers better balance in a back three and is better on the ball than Wilson, so he seems a pretty logical fit.

Not reading too much into Saturday though. Not many teams will come to PR and try and play the way Burton did.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Josh Earl on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 1471 viewsChrisd

Provides that balance at the back with his left foot, which means Woolfenden can play on his favoured right side. Much better selection by PL. That left side looks a lot better with Earl and Garbutt.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Josh Earl on 13:40 - Feb 17 with 1412 viewsjayessess

He looks a real step up. Prepared to hold onto the ball under pressure if necessary and to pass between the lines. Think that made a big difference against Burton, who kept a high line and tried to press quite high...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Josh Earl on 13:51 - Feb 17 with 1363 viewsFtnfwest

His little cameo at Sunderland was ok, stumbled once but rescued it straight away and didn't panic. Was lost in the general hysteria of not soundly beating them on their own patch though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024