Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away 14:13 - Feb 17 with 3015 viewsvapour_trail

Gutted. RIP.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 14:18 - Feb 17 with 2978 viewsDubtractor

Just seen that too.

Sad times.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 14:52 - Feb 17 with 2889 viewsBLUEBEAT

Am sad. A very nice guy.

His production work and own musical creations were always fresh and on point. Top DJ too.

We have an unused Weatherall mix, which was being saved for an anniversary release next year.

Poll: W or W

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 14:55 - Feb 17 with 2878 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 15:25 - Feb 17 with 2816 viewsMelford

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 14:55 - Feb 17 by Dubtractor

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

That was exactly my first thought when I read the news a moment ago on 15:36 - Feb 17 with 2780 viewsDyland

A pulmonary embolism, how tragic. RIP.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 15:38 - Feb 17 with 2773 viewsvapour_trail

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 15:25 - Feb 17 by Melford

Yeah absolutely love that, what a tune.

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 16:17 - Feb 17 with 2699 viewsFunge

That's hella sad. RIP.
Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 16:22 - Feb 17 with 2686 viewsFunge

One of the great narcotic albums.

Love that album. Went to see the Scream at Earl's Court maybe 7-8 years ago with a mate.

Pharmaceuticals were taken, but didnt have the desired medical effect, until we were on the tube home. Ended up munted in Barking at midnight, unable to function as we couldn't get off the train.
Login to get fewer ads

Ha, I know that one (n/t) on 16:37 - Feb 17 with 2656 viewsDyland

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 16:22 - Feb 17 by Funge

Love that album. Went to see the Scream at Earl's Court maybe 7-8 years ago with a mate.

Pharmaceuticals were taken, but didnt have the desired medical effect, until we were on the tube home. Ended up munted in Barking at midnight, unable to function as we couldn't get off the train.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ha, I know that one (n/t) on 17:08 - Feb 17 with 2596 viewsDubtractor

Ha, I know that one (n/t) on 16:37 - Feb 17 by Dyland

Yeah, we've all had that at some point haven't we?!

Well, when I say all, I obviously mean those enlightened of us......

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 17:17 - Feb 17 with 2580 viewsvapour_trail

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 16:22 - Feb 17 by Funge

Used to go to Weatherall all nighters at Club UK in Wandsworth in the early 90s until the police shut the place down. Amazing nights in that place.

Last saw him at all points east in may 2018, knocking out a 10 hour set in the sunshine. Missed a load of bands I’d planned to see that day, it was belting.

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 17:51 - Feb 17 with 2528 viewsbrogansnose

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 17:17 - Feb 17 by vapour_trail

Used to go to Weatherall all nighters at Club UK in Wandsworth in the early 90s until the police shut the place down. Amazing nights in that place.

Last saw him at all points east in may 2018, knocking out a 10 hour set in the sunshine. Missed a load of bands I’d planned to see that day, it was belting.

He used to be a resident at Back To Basics and his sets were something else bringing in tunes no one else could or would play and making them work and fit so fkn well. Then you take in his production work and remix's, the bloke was on another level and so influential. A dreadful loss.

RIP Weatherall.
Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 18:05 - Feb 17 with 2502 viewsthebooks

Ach, that’s sad.

I have the first Sabres of Paradise LP on vinyl. It’s still great.

Anyway, trip down memory lane for all you Cindy’s goers (eh, Phil):

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 2471 viewsvapour_trail

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 17:51 - Feb 17 by brogansnose

He used to be a resident at Back To Basics and his sets were something else bringing in tunes no one else could or would play and making them work and fit so fkn well. Then you take in his production work and remix's, the bloke was on another level and so influential. A dreadful loss.

RIP Weatherall.

Basics was one of my favourite nights out anywhere, corking venue.

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 18:36 - Feb 17 with 2464 viewsFunge

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 18:33 - Feb 17 by vapour_trail

Basics was one of my favourite nights out anywhere, corking venue.

I think I saw him at Tribal Gathering in 96.

It was a very long night tho, so not entirely sure. Definitely saw Kraftwerk tho.
Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 21:45 - Feb 17 with 2356 viewsMelford

This a nice article
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/feb/17/andrew-weatherall-lone-swordsman-w

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 2344 viewsMelford

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 15:38 - Feb 17 by vapour_trail

Yeah absolutely love that, what a tune.

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 22:24 - Feb 17 with 2288 viewsslump

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 21:51 - Feb 17 by Melford

UTT

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 22:33 - Feb 17 with 2270 viewsMelford

Hearing Andrew Weatherall has passed away on 22:24 - Feb 17 by slump

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024