Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If common sense existed, it'd be common 14:24 - Feb 17 with 2973 viewsPendejo

just seen this from last week

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/12/home-office-tells-man-101-his-pa

and this from today

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/17/italian-man-95-resident-in-uk-fo

Hey I guess rules are rules... no discretion allowed?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 14:29 - Feb 17 with 2945 viewsSteve_M

It reflects the political culture of the Home Office, that comes from government.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 14:37 - Feb 17 with 2921 viewsmonytowbray

YOU LOST GET OVER IT. WHY DO YOU HATE BRITAIN SO MUCH?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 14:38]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:23 - Feb 17 with 2877 viewsMercian

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 14:37 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

YOU LOST GET OVER IT. WHY DO YOU HATE BRITAIN SO MUCH?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 14:38]

I am not sure if you are serious or not but the "Hate Britain" meme because you do not agree with government policy really really f**ks me off, huge time. You hear it all the time, disagree with Trump and you hate and are a traitor to America, If you disagreed with Hitler (dipping into Godwin's law here) you were a traitor to and hated Germany. I am a remianer and I love this country, have served it in peace and in war. When some right wing scrotum slags me off for "hating" Britain I seriously want to(but would not as online threats are stupid) punch them in the mouth. A few years ago I worked with this man who was a EDL type and a mixed race woman walked into the shop. After she left he started going on about how she was a mutant and how races should not mix. After sternly pointing out that the "mutant" was my then girlfriend I was suddenly told I was a race traitor. Understandably I got upset about this and confronted him. After a warning from the like minded (to him) boss for incivility to fellow staff members I left. A-holes. Rant over.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:34]
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:40 - Feb 17 with 2842 viewsWeWereZombies

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:23 - Feb 17 by Mercian

I am not sure if you are serious or not but the "Hate Britain" meme because you do not agree with government policy really really f**ks me off, huge time. You hear it all the time, disagree with Trump and you hate and are a traitor to America, If you disagreed with Hitler (dipping into Godwin's law here) you were a traitor to and hated Germany. I am a remianer and I love this country, have served it in peace and in war. When some right wing scrotum slags me off for "hating" Britain I seriously want to(but would not as online threats are stupid) punch them in the mouth. A few years ago I worked with this man who was a EDL type and a mixed race woman walked into the shop. After she left he started going on about how she was a mutant and how races should not mix. After sternly pointing out that the "mutant" was my then girlfriend I was suddenly told I was a race traitor. Understandably I got upset about this and confronted him. After a warning from the like minded (to him) boss for incivility to fellow staff members I left. A-holes. Rant over.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:34]

Agree with your sentiments but Callis was (i'm sure) being ironic. Also Godwin's so called law (it is, at best, a truism) I understand as a right wing tactic to discourage any semblance of allusion to their policies as akin to fascism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:53 - Feb 17 with 2828 viewsMercian

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:40 - Feb 17 by WeWereZombies

Agree with your sentiments but Callis was (i'm sure) being ironic. Also Godwin's so called law (it is, at best, a truism) I understand as a right wing tactic to discourage any semblance of allusion to their policies as akin to fascism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

No offence meant to Callis, I was almost sure due to caps he was being sarcastic. I now live in a very white, very pro brexit and very anti "anything that is different from them" area of The East Midlands" and I kid you not, I am still distrusted at times for being an outsider and speaking with a "farmer's accent" and I am a white Englishman.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 15:54]
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 16:00 - Feb 17 with 2817 viewssolemio

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 15:53 - Feb 17 by Mercian

No offence meant to Callis, I was almost sure due to caps he was being sarcastic. I now live in a very white, very pro brexit and very anti "anything that is different from them" area of The East Midlands" and I kid you not, I am still distrusted at times for being an outsider and speaking with a "farmer's accent" and I am a white Englishman.

You get large towns that almost seem to think they are islands and everyone from outside is a foreigner.

I wouldn't dream of mentioning any particular town - except Northampton.
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 16:09 - Feb 17 with 2800 viewsChurchman

They are a strange very large department, Home Office. The breadth of what they are involved in is massive and there are many people there doing excellent things. Then you hear of mad stuff like this, not forgetting the Windrush scandal, and other things which make no sense at all. Solutions? It needs them desperately. Personally, as a first step, I’d split it up into its three main elements and revamp its management.
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:20 - Feb 17 with 2667 viewsmonytowbray

SNOWFLAKE ;)

Yes, I was taking the p1ss BTW. You must be new here? I’m the resident virtue signalling “weekend punk” dirty lefty vegan who’s obsessed with being WOKE according to some on here.

But nice to meet you!

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:47 - Feb 17 with 2647 viewsHARRY10

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:20 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

SNOWFLAKE ;)

Yes, I was taking the p1ss BTW. You must be new here? I’m the resident virtue signalling “weekend punk” dirty lefty vegan who’s obsessed with being WOKE according to some on here.

But nice to meet you!

I know we are not supposed to laugh at brexiteers but I could not let this one pass by

https://www.indy100.com/article/independent-england-campaign-wales-brexit-twitte
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:26 - Feb 18 with 2448 viewsEwan_Oozami

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:20 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

SNOWFLAKE ;)

But nice to meet you!

You're being hard on yourself, old boy - I'd put you down as a full-time punk definitely!

BTW - if you haven't yet heard them, give Sports Team a listen - not exactly hardcore, but some cracking New Punk tunes!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 2318 viewsmonytowbray

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 19:26 - Feb 18 by Ewan_Oozami

You're being hard on yourself, old boy - I'd put you down as a full-time punk definitely!

BTW - if you haven't yet heard them, give Sports Team a listen - not exactly hardcore, but some cracking New Punk tunes!

Haha nah the “weekend punk” remark was me poking fun at what GaryHooper called me the other day because he has London Calling as his avatar and I told him Joey Strummer would roll in his grave seeing his posts next to his album.

Will check that band out.

TWTD never forgets…

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 09:38 - Feb 20 with 2304 viewsSikamikanico

My family are originally from South East Devon and to locals any person not originally born there is a "Grock" and not to be trusted
If common sense existed, it'd be common on 10:47 - Feb 20 with 2281 viewsjeera

Why put people through this?

How difficult can it be to look up their circumstances?

What should take minutes turns into a farce.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 13:50 - Feb 20 with 2221 viewsmonytowbray

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 10:47 - Feb 20 by jeera

Why put people through this?

How difficult can it be to look up their circumstances?

What should take minutes turns into a farce.

If the DWP benefits audits are anything to go by it's likely being done that way on purpose with the aim of allowing such situations to slip through the net and into the bin.

I remember the documentary on it on C4 a while back where the woman working there being filmed undercover stated how vicious they are. She said as an example of this; "If you only had one finger you could get a job pressing a button." How degrading and depressing. Country is f*cked and those suffering at the lands of 10 years of Tory rule think the Tories have magically changed to be the answer to their problems.

Just wait until they realise kicking out all the foreigners isn't going to do much to change the class system which is the real problem. Although I'm sure there will be a cycle of another 3-4 scapegoats before the nation wakes up (if they ever do).
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 13:50]

TWTD never forgets…

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 09:26 - Feb 26 with 2030 viewssolemio

If common sense existed, it'd be common on 09:38 - Feb 20 by Sikamikanico

My family are originally from South East Devon and to locals any person not originally born there is a "Grock" and not to be trusted

This is a Somerset and Devon term. Hence one of the Somerset supporters' websites is called Grockles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024