Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Stranger (no spoilers) 15:36 - Feb 17 with 1216 viewsmonytowbray

As I’m only up to episode 4. Acting is appalling at points but really enjoying the story. Main bloke is a proper d1ck in it, sensed it from the first episode.

Not sure if it’s gonna end good though, not sure how it’s all gonna come together but I have a few guesses. My main one is those women had access to social media data and that’s how they know so much.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 16:04 - Feb 17 with 1173 viewshype313

Agree, Acting is dire at times, but on the whole it's a good series.

I won't comment further though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 16:07 - Feb 17 with 1163 viewsJackPITFC

Very much enjoyed the ending thought the story was thoroughly enjoyable but it has divided opinion, like you say the acting was very poor at times, Siobhan Finneran was good i thought.
The Stranger (no spoilers) on 16:13 - Feb 17 with 1146 viewsusm

Ive seen it all the way through now, and thought it was very good TV viewing. Probably a bit too much going on the middle bit but it all came together quite well in the end. I didn't notice any "appalling" acting.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 16:22 - Feb 17 with 1130 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Agree on the appalling acting and the poor production value... feels like it was made for teenagers (no offence to any reading this!), so hard to take it seriously at times!

Lots going on but once you get your head around that its decent! Ending is a bit far fetched with the other alpacas holding the wife hostage though...
The Stranger (no spoilers) on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 1016 viewsGeoffSentence

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 16:13 - Feb 17 by usm

Ive seen it all the way through now, and thought it was very good TV viewing. Probably a bit too much going on the middle bit but it all came together quite well in the end. I didn't notice any "appalling" acting.

Yeah, it was a decent series and the 'appalling acting' comments puzzle me somewhat. It wasn't something that I noticed.

The main actors are all well known and well respected actors, Richard Armitage, Antony Head, Shaun Dooley, Derwla Kerwin and Jennifer Saunders are all serious actors. It would be odd for them to become a bit cr@p just for this series.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 18:49 - Feb 17 with 1004 viewsLord_Lucan

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 18:38 - Feb 17 by GeoffSentence

Yeah, it was a decent series and the 'appalling acting' comments puzzle me somewhat. It wasn't something that I noticed.

The main actors are all well known and well respected actors, Richard Armitage, Antony Head, Shaun Dooley, Derwla Kerwin and Jennifer Saunders are all serious actors. It would be odd for them to become a bit cr@p just for this series.

Must admit I didn't notice any bad acting. I thought it was ok, I couldn't see how it would all resolve by the time I got to the middle.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 19:03 - Feb 17 with 986 viewsBLUEBEAT

Finished if last night.

A couple of nasty bits and some predictable twists but enjoyed it overall.

Poll: W or W

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 19:11 - Feb 17 with 975 viewsLord_Lucan

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 19:03 - Feb 17 by BLUEBEAT

Finished if last night.

A couple of nasty bits and some predictable twists but enjoyed it overall.

Without spoiling it I always thought the wrongun was a wrongun

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 19:12 - Feb 17 with 970 viewsBLUEBEAT

The Stranger (no spoilers) on 19:11 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Without spoiling it I always thought the wrongun was a wrongun

Same

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024