Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63481 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 2912 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:54 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

People are getting hung up on doctors. It doesn't need to be your regular GP surgery.

Oh come on, you've mentioned it like a dozen times yourself.

It's become funny.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:00 - Feb 18 with 2884 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:46 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

No I'm not, I am talking grown up talk.

Pharmaceutical grade? Do you think the layman can handle this? Do you have any idea what you are talking about here?

New, Recreational Drug GPs, which means the creation of jobs? Who is paying for these cocaine dispensers?

FFS

I'm talking grown up talk. You're putting in barriers that don't exist. It was you that introduced the notion of Pharmaceutical grade like it was a good thing - now you've shifted it to being a bad thing.

It's not the point. You're obfuscating.

How would legalised drugs be any different to legalised alcohol?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:03 - Feb 18 with 2871 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:00 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

I'm talking grown up talk. You're putting in barriers that don't exist. It was you that introduced the notion of Pharmaceutical grade like it was a good thing - now you've shifted it to being a bad thing.

"How would legalised drugs be any different to legalised alcohol?"

You already know all the answers to this question you are now falling back on.

All reasoning on this is over now.

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:07 - Feb 18 with 2862 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:53 - Feb 18 by jeera

" a government registered outlet "

Hold on a second. I suggested that.

You were on about GPs. I was going with your angle about GPs - which is so ridiculous you should by now be laughing along, not arguing.

The government sponsored units in India I mentioned were actually advertising 3 strengths of drink outside their doors on chalkboards.

I never brought up GPs. It's a side issue - shorthand for control. As long as it's controlled I don't see any reason why drugs can't be available in the same way alcohol and paracetamol are. You even have to be 25 to buy energy drinks in Tescos now!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:09 - Feb 18 with 2861 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:56 - Feb 18 by jeera

Oh come on, you've mentioned it like a dozen times yourself.

It's become funny.

You're detracting from the wider point. It doesn't matter, at this point, who distributes the controlled supply of safer drugs.

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 2855 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:03 - Feb 18 by jeera

"How would legalised drugs be any different to legalised alcohol?"

You already know all the answers to this question you are now falling back on.

All reasoning on this is over now.

Eh?

Answer the question.

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:49 - Feb 18 with 2817 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:10 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

Eh?

Answer the question.

"Answer the question"

Who the feck do you think you are?

There is no question.

You're like a child who doesn't know when he's done.

You've spent pages making no point.

Another Marshall's Mullet. Gets the hump with a poster then systematically down-votes every post in a baby temper regardless of its content.

Alcohol vs drugs has been done a thousand times- there is no new content available.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 21:51]

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:01 - Feb 18 with 2791 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:00 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

All I said was that it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade and that it might not even be that potent - so the dealers may supply a higher grade.

What I am doing i discussing the pros and cons in a reasonable way whilst you just go from pillar to post like a demented silly bollox.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:10 - Feb 18 with 2776 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:01 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

All I said was that it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade and that it might not even be that potent - so the dealers may supply a higher grade.

What I am doing i discussing the pros and cons in a reasonable way whilst you just go from pillar to post like a demented silly bollox.

" so the dealers may supply a higher grade"

and filling in the gaps.

The point missing here is that no State sponsored system is going to allow free access to unrestricted amounts and for some people, (maybe many people), the quantities on offer won't do the trick.

And then there's the strong possibility of selling-on.

Dreams of bars freely selling coke to punters to snort at the tables is so unlikely it's the actual moot point that Dolly accused others of making earlier.

It's not an argument. It's not going to happen in this country anytime soon.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:11]

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:14 - Feb 18 with 2767 viewsMelford

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:21 - Feb 18 by leitrimblue

I agree, it's time for the lazy stoner's of twtd to take responsibility and start growing their own

Everybody who I get weed off just sells that exclusively, from I what I can tell It's all local grows in someone's loft or something. I've harvested a few of these things before, spent a whole day 10-4 in some geezers loft to strip 18 plants. Pick all the buds off and trim the leaves/stems off and hang them in the net to dry, using my chef skills. It's all low-key and local, if you have a spare room or a loft it's easy enough to get some lights and do it yourself.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:26 - Feb 18 with 2752 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 21:49 - Feb 18 by jeera

"Answer the question"

Who the feck do you think you are?

There is no question.

You're like a child who doesn't know when he's done.

You've spent pages making no point.

Another Marshall's Mullet. Gets the hump with a poster then systematically down-votes every post in a baby temper regardless of its content.

Alcohol vs drugs has been done a thousand times- there is no new content available.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 21:51]

Wow, someone's upset.

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:32 - Feb 18 with 2745 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:01 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

I really don't. Explain how my views in this thread are "demented". In what way are they "pillar to post"? What have I shifted?

In adult discussion, why would "it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade and that it might not even be that potent - so the dealers may supply a higher grade"?

Why?

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:36 - Feb 18 with 2739 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:32 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

I really don't. Explain how my views in this thread are "demented". In what way are they "pillar to post"? What have I shifted?

In adult discussion, why would "it certainly wouldn't be pharmaceutical grade and that it might not even be that potent - so the dealers may supply a higher grade"?

Why?

BB, I give in!

You win.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 2739 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:10 - Feb 18 by jeera

" so the dealers may supply a higher grade"

and filling in the gaps.

The point missing here is that no State sponsored system is going to allow free access to unrestricted amounts and for some people, (maybe many people), the quantities on offer won't do the trick.

And then there's the strong possibility of selling-on.

Dreams of bars freely selling coke to punters to snort at the tables is so unlikely it's the actual moot point that Dolly accused others of making earlier.

It's not an argument. It's not going to happen in this country anytime soon.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:11]

"and for some people, (maybe many people), the quantities on offer won't do the trick."

Again I ask what your evidence for this is. It's made up nonsense to win an argument.

Caveats and barriers. Your argument is shot. There is no evidence to suggest that illegal drugs can't exist in the way alcohol does. You're flailing around but nothing is hitting.

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:40 - Feb 18 with 2730 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 22:36 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

BB, I give in!

You win.

haha. Glad to see you saw sense.

If you buy illegal drugs on 23:26 - Feb 18 with 2705 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:50 - Feb 18 by jeera

"Me hip's killing me doc - I dunno, I reckon you'll have to put me down for that replacement surgery".

"Whilst I'm here, can you sort me out a bag of speed doc?"

You know it makes sense.

Blimey, are you nutters still at it ?

Only you halfwits imagine that recreational drugs would have anything to do with doctors/health service. They wouldn't.

Cannabis is pretty much divorced from Coke, Pills etc and tends to be distributated through users.

At the moment much of the street violence is between 'gangs' etc arguing over turf wars. Take that out of the hands of criminals and street dealers you would end the violence. Just as the lifting of prohibition did.

As to the guff about there still being 'blackmarket sales that shows an almost complete lack of knowledge about any of this.

Has anyone checked what the cost of coke or heroin is before it leaves it's country of origin....peanuts.

So you thunk legalised sellers would not be able to blow the ar se out any blackmarket trade.Try having a look at why smuggling stopped in the 19th century.

At the moment the risk v reward is heavily in favour of the reward. Tilt it as far as you can the other way and the black market would end

And just because no one on here has a foolproof, tested plan to remove the criminal element to it does not mean that we do nothing.

And for those on here who seem more fixated with making consumers guilty I have to question their real motive.

As to mine, then that is to end the misery of those blighted by addiction and that of the victims of their crimes to finance that addiction - and to see society take a more responsible attitude as it did with contraception

Which similarly had the backward look, Catholic Cgurch, try to stop progress through their enforced ignorance.
If you buy illegal drugs on 23:31 - Feb 18 with 2702 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 23:26 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Only you halfwits imagine that recreational drugs would have anything to do with doctors/health service. They wouldn't.

Cannabis is pretty much divorced from Coke, Pills etc and tends to be distributated through users.

At the moment much of the street violence is between 'gangs' etc arguing over turf wars. Take that out of the hands of criminals and street dealers you would end the violence. Just as the lifting of prohibition did.

As to the guff about there still being 'blackmarket sales that shows an almost complete lack of knowledge about any of this.

Has anyone checked what the cost of coke or heroin is before it leaves it's country of origin....peanuts.

So you thunk legalised sellers would not be able to blow the ar se out any blackmarket trade.Try having a look at why smuggling stopped in the 19th century.

At the moment the risk v reward is heavily in favour of the reward. Tilt it as far as you can the other way and the black market would end

And just because no one on here has a foolproof, tested plan to remove the criminal element to it does not mean that we do nothing.

And for those on here who seem more fixated with making consumers guilty I have to question their real motive.

As to mine, then that is to end the misery of those blighted by addiction and that of the victims of their crimes to finance that addiction - and to see society take a more responsible attitude as it did with contraception

Which similarly had the backward look, Catholic Cgurch, try to stop progress through their enforced ignorance.

I mean, that puts it to bed for me.

If you buy illegal drugs on 06:29 - Feb 19 with 2651 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 20:49 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

"there is a growing problem with off licences selling bootleg alcohol at cheap prices"

Have you got some evidence for this? I have no idea where to buy cheap bootleg alcohol. I know exactly where to score illegal drugs though.

I don't see why drugs couldn't be the same as alcohol - very little illegal trade and sold on most high streets.

Yes - a few links for reference:

https://www.local.gov.uk/lga-dangerous-fake-alcohol-warning-new-years-eve-revell

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/warning-over-fake-alcohol-co

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/campaigns-media/campaigns/put-a-cork-in-fake-alcoho

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/advice/staying-safe-while-drinking/the-dangers-of-f

It’s a small % of alcohol sales but a growing one fuelled by initiatives tackling cheap alcohol deals. There are also a couple of key differences for that market to one where drugs are hypothetically legalised:
- Alcohol has been legal basically forever and people are used to sourcing it legally
- The price point of alcohol legally is cheap, whereas something like cocaine could see much bigger differences in price between legal and illegal sources
- The proportion of addicts to users of drugs like heroin is much higher than alcohol, so the desperation factor would be much higher

Ultimately things like tobacco, alcohol and even over the counter/prescribed drugs all have illegal markets, so it’s completely barmy to think legalising drugs will just remove the illegal market

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you buy illegal drugs on 06:44 - Feb 19 with 2631 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why are you so convinced that a legal source would be cheaper given it would need to adhere to regulation, have taxes applied, controls around supply and the need for suppliers to drive a profit? All of that combined against existing dealers that would be desperate to keep their supply and make their money?

As a comparison the legalisation of weed in some US states and Canada has faced problems with the legal market struggling to compete with the illegal one:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/17/legal-wee

To believe a legal supply would be cheaper than the black market is incredibly naive IMO

If you buy illegal drugs on 06:53 - Feb 19 with 2614 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If you buy illegal drugs on 06:44 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why are you so convinced that a legal source would be cheaper given it would need to adhere to regulation, have taxes applied, controls around supply and the need for suppliers to drive a profit? All of that combined against existing dealers that would be desperate to keep their supply and make their money?

As a comparison the legalisation of weed in some US states and Canada has faced problems with the legal market struggling to compete with the illegal one:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/17/legal-wee

To believe a legal supply would be cheaper than the black market is incredibly naive IMO

Indeed, that is exactly why the black market flourishes.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If you buy illegal drugs on 07:05 - Feb 19 with 2605 viewsWeWereZombies

Whilst I can see you point about a black market always undercutting a legal market I think you should also consider how a market is established and then maintained, for these purposes may I ask that we set to one side the health implications of drug use and abuse for a moment.

A marketplace of willing buyers and sellers will, theoretically, self regulate under Adam Smith's invisible hand. However, it will do so having been enabled by the infrastructure of a polity (either local community, national state, mixture of the two, supra national bloc etc.) and that polity has some reasonable expectation of tax revenue in return for that service. Furthermore, given that the nature of the market may have social implications for the polity then some degree of regulation to mitigate negative effects is necessary. Black markets have a tendency to replace taxation and beneficial regulation with other means, extortion and violence being the most lurid examples.

So the price based undercutting may be attractive to uninformed buyers but if a regulated and efficient market is established then buyers in general should prefer that to a black market - provided that the environment in which the market is established is sensibly governed...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If you buy illegal drugs on 07:14 - Feb 19 with 2595 viewsHARRY10

You haven't really got this have you ?

To import heroin into the country legally would cost peanuts. To then process into a prescribable form would similarly be a low cost, relatively.

No one would be selling this anymore thasn they are sellingbeta bloskers other prescribed drugs - similarly those being prescribed it would be getting it for free, on the basis of their income.

So what on earth would an addict or even a dependent want to engage in mugging or prostitution etc to get money to as to buy some unknown s hit ?

As to cannabis that has no bearing on this at all.
If you buy illegal drugs on 08:18 - Feb 19 with 2543 viewsGlasgowBlue

Are you unable to make your point without resorting to insulting people? You could have made yiur argument without calling Jeera a nutter.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If you buy illegal drugs on 08:23 - Feb 19 with 2536 viewsHerbivore

If you buy illegal drugs on 08:18 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Are you unable to make your point without resorting to insulting people? You could have made yiur argument without calling Jeera a nutter.

I'm starting to think that he can't.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you buy illegal drugs on 08:27 - Feb 19 with 2523 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 07:14 - Feb 19 by HARRY10

You haven't really got this have you ?

To import heroin into the country legally would cost peanuts. To then process into a prescribable form would similarly be a low cost, relatively.

No one would be selling this anymore thasn they are sellingbeta bloskers other prescribed drugs - similarly those being prescribed it would be getting it for free, on the basis of their income.

So what on earth would an addict or even a dependent want to engage in mugging or prostitution etc to get money to as to buy some unknown s hit ?

As to cannabis that has no bearing on this at all.

Blimey where to start with that rant

This thread has diverted onto the topic of legalising drugs. If I understand your rambling posts correctly you seem to be proposing some sort of two tier system, where hard substances like heroin are provided on prescription (presumably via the NHS) and more recreational substances are available via controlled shops (although I’m not sure exactly where you’re proposing here - not Boots it seems)

For the former, unless there was an unlimited free supply to users then there would absolutely be a black market - feeding addicts who want more or people that want to use the drug that are unable to get a prescription. And that’s before you take into account that dealers would try and adapt - ie. the practice of cuckooing becoming even more prevalent, bringing drugs directly to users rather than them having to visit clinics/safe rooms, coercion and so forth. That also assumes they are provided free to users - if that isn’t the case then market forces would absolutely become a factor

For recreational drugs my previous post refers - it is ridiculously naive to assume shops would be able to compete with illegal prices. And it’s rather astonishing to just dismiss as irrelevant an article highlighting that issue where a previously illegal drug has been made legal elsewhere, when discussing legalising illegal drugs

By contrast the example of beta blockers is bizarre - unless I’ve missed a revelation re their addictive properties and them providing an incredible high

Rather than me not getting it it appears to be you that has a rather limited grasp of the subject matter fella

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024