Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you buy illegal drugs 17:25 - Feb 17 with 63628 viewschicoazul

these are the kind of people you are funding and the activities in which you are complicit, all for your bit of fun; https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/hell-on-sea-dawlish-drugs-gang-geo

Great guys these drug buyers. Participants in wrecking their own communities.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:54 - Feb 18 with 1496 viewslowhouseblue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:47 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Blimey, you get sillier by the hour... if that is possible

Why would someone want to buy something off the black market when they can get it for free ?

It is patently clear that you have little idea about this other than some addiction to trying to provoke an argument.

As said by footlose chap why not have a spliff and relax a bit

You and the other rightwing loons on here are only over exciting yourselves in this crusade against reasoned thought. If you are not careful you will push your blood pressure up - then need pills for that

Something you would have us believe there was a black market in. As why would someone get drugs prescribed to them for free when they can buy them expensively on the black market ?

Chicken's knowledge of drugs

"Why would someone want to buy something off the black market when they can get it for free ?"

free. wow.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:55 - Feb 18 with 1502 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:52 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

By ignoring Herbi you're ignoring the facts he's posting, was all I was saying. That's fine, stay in ignorance if you want. It just makes your points look a bit daft.

Which facts? Just one will do. Be specific. You are the one asserting.

I am not "ignoring" Herbivore per se, I don't even know what he has said, because he has persistently behaved in an unpleasant, obsessive and snipey way (and always vanishes when challenged) for many many years- and I reasonably decidded long long ago that I could not be bothered engaging with him.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:55 - Feb 18 with 1490 viewsHerbivore

This thread should be a cautionary tale to many. Chico and Sparks are barking away at the moon in blissful ignorance all because they are so upset by me constantly refuting their poorly reasoned arguments that they have both put me on ignore. Actually in Chico's case he put me on ignore for me calling him mate in one of the more impressive flounce in TWTD history.

If you want to educate yourself, don't ignore the 'vore, fellas. If you want to come across like a dimlow, ignore away but don't expect anyone to take you remotely seriously. Chico and Sparks could have left this thread about three pages ago having actually learnt something if they weren't of such delicate dispositions.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 15:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:01 - Feb 18 with 1470 viewsRadlett_blue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:55 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

This thread should be a cautionary tale to many. Chico and Sparks are barking away at the moon in blissful ignorance all because they are so upset by me constantly refuting their poorly reasoned arguments that they have both put me on ignore. Actually in Chico's case he put me on ignore for me calling him mate in one of the more impressive flounce in TWTD history.

If you want to educate yourself, don't ignore the 'vore, fellas. If you want to come across like a dimlow, ignore away but don't expect anyone to take you remotely seriously. Chico and Sparks could have left this thread about three pages ago having actually learnt something if they weren't of such delicate dispositions.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 15:57]

Another potentially interesting TWTD thread has descended into a petty spat. Can't posters judge someone's comment on its inherent quality, rather than taking a personal view of the poster. Play the ball, not the man.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:04 - Feb 18 with 1452 viewsHerbivore

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:01 - Feb 18 by Radlett_blue

Another potentially interesting TWTD thread has descended into a petty spat. Can't posters judge someone's comment on its inherent quality, rather than taking a personal view of the poster. Play the ball, not the man.

I've tried to play the ball, mate. But they are happier living in ignorance. It's there for all to see.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:06 - Feb 18 with 1448 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:55 - Feb 18 by sparks

Which facts? Just one will do. Be specific. You are the one asserting.

I am not "ignoring" Herbivore per se, I don't even know what he has said, because he has persistently behaved in an unpleasant, obsessive and snipey way (and always vanishes when challenged) for many many years- and I reasonably decidded long long ago that I could not be bothered engaging with him.

I've got better things to do than go through his posts copying and pasting things for you. Take him off ignore and read them. You don't have to engage with him if you don't want to.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:06 - Feb 18 with 1438 viewsHerbivore

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:54 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

"Why would someone want to buy something off the black market when they can get it for free ?"

free. wow.

Have you considered the possibility that opioids might be a controlled substance available via prescription to those with existing addiction issues? You don't tend to get a lot of recreational smack users and very few drugs are actually physically rather than psychologically addictive. Ironically, alcohol is both the former and the latter and is one of very few drugs you can't just stop taking if you are addicted lest you might die.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:06 - Feb 18 with 1443 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, state of this thread

Chico is quite obviously right that recreational drug users are helping fuel misery somewhere down the line - that’s a fairly inescapable fact. And I say that as an occasional user myself

However other posters are right that county lines is an entirely separate issue that relates to harder substances rather than your average gram of coke. Although in Chickers defence the article linked is not county lines and whilst a much smaller village does bear similarities with the middle class drug trade in Ipswich, and I imagine other similar sized towns

Finally legalisation is a separate debate, and whilst I tend to agree with those that think it’s something that should be explored, that doesn’t make point 1 about users accepting the impact of their actions any less moot

There that wasn’t too hard was it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:07 - Feb 18 with 1440 viewsHARRY10

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:54 - Feb 18 by lowhouseblue

free. wow.

as well as a lack of knowledge about illegal drugs you don't seem to understand how prescription drugs are supplied either

why not look up 'prescription charges and who pays'
If you buy illegal drugs on 16:07 - Feb 18 with 1440 viewsartsbossbeard

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:06 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Chico is quite obviously right that recreational drug users are helping fuel misery somewhere down the line - that’s a fairly inescapable fact. And I say that as an occasional user myself

However other posters are right that county lines is an entirely separate issue that relates to harder substances rather than your average gram of coke. Although in Chickers defence the article linked is not county lines and whilst a much smaller village does bear similarities with the middle class drug trade in Ipswich, and I imagine other similar sized towns

Finally legalisation is a separate debate, and whilst I tend to agree with those that think it’s something that should be explored, that doesn’t make point 1 about users accepting the impact of their actions any less moot

First paragraph would've sufficed.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:07 - Feb 18 with 1429 viewsHerbivore

SUQ.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:08 - Feb 18 with 1436 viewssparks

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:06 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

I've got better things to do than go through his posts copying and pasting things for you. Take him off ignore and read them. You don't have to engage with him if you don't want to.

Just one fact...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:09 - Feb 18 with 1426 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 09:26 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

I'm just going to leave this here as it explains, from law enforcement, that the county lines dealers base their model on slinging crack and heroin to vulnerable people: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url= https://nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/who-we-are/publications/257-county-lines-drug

If people want to have a proper, grown up debate about drug use and its impact they should at least try to educate themselves first. There has been some media rhetoric, and some from public figures, blaming middle class drug users because it's far easier to try to blame them than to deal with the much more deeply rooted social issues that underpin county lines.

A sensible debate about drugs should be focused on legalisation as that is the one sure fire way to drastically reduce criminal involvement and violence. All middle class drug users could stop tomorrow and it wouldn't make a dent on the issue of county lines so people really need to stop viewing that as a viable solution to a complex issue.

The article in the OP isn’t about county lines

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:10 - Feb 18 with 1426 viewsjeera

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:50 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

"walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin"

Who on earth would ever be advocating that !

If that *isnt* the case after our metaphorical legalisation then there will still be a thriving black market run by criminals. Basically very little will have changed. I specifically talk several times ITT about people who take drugs for fun not addicts.

Should think not.

Boots would be far too expensive.

Possibly Superdrug would finally get to capitalise on its name and do offers likes 2 for 1 or 'buy 2 - get 3rd [cheapest] free' etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 1425 viewsBrixtonBlue

You're arguing a moot point there.

The point, which Chickers continues to fail to address, is that people aren't going to just stop taking drugs. So another solution to the problem is needed.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 1423 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 13:53 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

The same could be said of a whole host of other goods, only there the harm is hidden.

For you to now squeak up suggests you haven't a clue about this and are merely behaving like some Mary Whitehouse because you read something in the papers.

I don't remember you being on your high horse about this a year, or ten years, ago. Or was it all quite harmless back then ?

I suspect though this is merely another attempt by a rightie to attack those ever so naughty metropolitan liberal, sneering elites who buy their drugs from poor working class 'hurchins' thus impoverishing their lives further

Because if you had the slightest clue you understand that those who buy because they are addicts will never have such 'pangs of doubt'. They are hooked and that addiction over rides pretty much anything. So if all those callous middle class types stopped buying drugs this evening there would still be a market for class As. As long as numpties like you are unable to grasp the reality of keeping heroin illegal puts it in the hands of the 'baddies'.

Perhaps then you might care to wonder how much your bigotted ignorance is keeping this trade in the hands of those you rail against.

Re your third paragraph, Chico has been rather vocal on this subject for as long as I can remember

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:16 - Feb 18 with 1394 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:11 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

The point, which Chickers continues to fail to address, is that people aren't going to just stop taking drugs. So another solution to the problem is needed.

He has a different view on the solution to that - enforcement. I don’t agree but that’s opinions

In the meantime it’s entirely obvious that users have to take responsibility fo their own actions, and accept that they are small part of the problem if they help fuel the supply chain, which is something plenty seem quite desperate to perform mental gymnastics around

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 1391 viewsjaykay

If you buy illegal drugs on 11:14 - Feb 18 by giant_stow

You're still not getting this. When i go buy some cannabis from my dealer, im not helping to create a market for more dodgy sources. My 'demand' is *only* to be fulfilled by my dealer. No country lines, kids or anything else.

does your dealer resource your cannabis responsible. asking for a friend

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 1389 viewssparks

This appears to be a thread characterised by the repeated throwing up of straw men, to avoid accepting a clearly indisputable point.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 1388 viewsLord_Lucan

If you buy illegal drugs on 14:45 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

It was a bit 'narky' as a response to the ignorance being posted. Much as with your guff

"walk into Boots the Chemist and buy some heroin"

Who on earth would ever be advocating that !

Addiction, be it heroin or tobacco, is not going to stop simply by making the drug difficult to obtain. So far better that addiction be dealt with as a health concern. not regarded as a criminal act. Therefore what is needed would be supplied through the same methods as is currently done with all other prescribed medecines - with all the incumbent benefits to society.

With regard t orecreational drugs we are already seeing through decriminalisation a more responsible attitude. In Spain you can register with growers who supply cannabis.. The days of 'solid' are ever diminishing. Festivals are now offering checks on drugs.

Seperate the attitude towards addiction and recreaction and we might start to progress towards a more sane approach..

Sadly, as long as folk imagine that you would be able to freely buy presription drugs over the counter we have a long way to go.

May I continue my guff.

If you decriminalise and get rid of the dealers where does one buy ones heroin from if not a chemist.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:21 - Feb 18 with 1370 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:21 - Feb 18 with 1370 viewsitfcjoe

Could you not say that about people eating meat? I bet 10 years ago someone would say 'people aren't just going to stop eating meat' without being forced to and just for ethical reasons because of the damage it is doing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:39 - Feb 18 with 1306 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:16 - Feb 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He has a different view on the solution to that - enforcement. I don’t agree but that’s opinions

In the meantime it’s entirely obvious that users have to take responsibility fo their own actions, and accept that they are small part of the problem if they help fuel the supply chain, which is something plenty seem quite desperate to perform mental gymnastics around

Do they? I haven't seen anyone denying it.

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:40 - Feb 18 with 1296 viewschicoazul

If you buy illegal drugs on 15:47 - Feb 18 by HARRY10

Blimey, you get sillier by the hour... if that is possible

Why would someone want to buy something off the black market when they can get it for free ?

It is patently clear that you have little idea about this other than some addiction to trying to provoke an argument.

As said by footlose chap why not have a spliff and relax a bit

You and the other rightwing loons on here are only over exciting yourselves in this crusade against reasoned thought. If you are not careful you will push your blood pressure up - then need pills for that

Something you would have us believe there was a black market in. As why would someone get drugs prescribed to them for free when they can buy them expensively on the black market ?

Chicken's knowledge of drugs

So in your legalisation utopia cocaine for e.g. will be "free". And people will be able to have as much of it when they like. These after all seem to me to be the conditions needed to do away with the black market entirely. Thank God i'm leaving the country in 3 weeks.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:41 - Feb 18 with 1293 viewsfooters

If you buy illegal drugs on 16:40 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

So in your legalisation utopia cocaine for e.g. will be "free". And people will be able to have as much of it when they like. These after all seem to me to be the conditions needed to do away with the black market entirely. Thank God i'm leaving the country in 3 weeks.

Hope you're not going to Portugal.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024