Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when I said 17:30 - Feb 17 with 3656 viewschicoazul

that all high profile media-class atheists are terrible people?

Yeah.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Remember when I said on 17:52 - Feb 17 with 3604 viewsMattinLondon

Are you seriously suggesting that all high-profile middle class people who are atheists are terrible simple due to him?

If so I can do this - all white working class makes are terrible people due to Tommy Robinson. It’s easy this generalisation.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 17:53]
Remember when I said on 17:58 - Feb 17 with 3589 viewschicoazul

Remember when I said on 17:52 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

Are you seriously suggesting that all high-profile middle class people who are atheists are terrible simple due to him?

If so I can do this - all white working class makes are terrible people due to Tommy Robinson. It’s easy this generalisation.

No.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Remember when I said on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 3565 viewsGeoffSentence

Remember when I said on 17:58 - Feb 17 by chicoazul

No.

Phew! Because if you had been having a pop at Dr Alice Roberts, you and I would have a problem.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Remember when I said on 18:31 - Feb 17 with 3551 viewsHARRY10

In reply to twtd's own Mary Whitehouse lets see what Richard Dawkins said to qualify that tweet -

"For those determined to miss the point, I deplore the idea of a eugenic policy. I simply said deploring it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work. Just as we breed cows to yield more milk, we could breed humans to run faster or jump higher. But heaven forbid that we should do it."

"A eugenic policy would be bad. I’m combating the illogical step from “X would be bad” to “So X is impossible”. It would work in the same sense as it works for cows. Let’s fight it on moral grounds. Deny obvious scientific facts & we lose — or at best derail — the argument."

4:41 PM - Feb 16, 2020

The concern here is that righties willl leap on the first and then bleat away like a sheep reading from the barn wall in Animal Farm.

So why did the OP not check this, I did and it was dead easy to find ?.

Or is it as I have re[patedly stated, that righties will continue to lie, even when there is clear evidence that they are lying ?
Remember when I said on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 3523 viewsBrixtonBlue

Remember when I said on 18:31 - Feb 17 by HARRY10

In reply to twtd's own Mary Whitehouse lets see what Richard Dawkins said to qualify that tweet -

"For those determined to miss the point, I deplore the idea of a eugenic policy. I simply said deploring it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work. Just as we breed cows to yield more milk, we could breed humans to run faster or jump higher. But heaven forbid that we should do it."

"A eugenic policy would be bad. I’m combating the illogical step from “X would be bad” to “So X is impossible”. It would work in the same sense as it works for cows. Let’s fight it on moral grounds. Deny obvious scientific facts & we lose — or at best derail — the argument."

4:41 PM - Feb 16, 2020

The concern here is that righties willl leap on the first and then bleat away like a sheep reading from the barn wall in Animal Farm.

So why did the OP not check this, I did and it was dead easy to find ?.

Or is it as I have re[patedly stated, that righties will continue to lie, even when there is clear evidence that they are lying ?

Chickers doesn't bother with facts when he has his ignorance to guide him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Remember when I said on 18:43 - Feb 17 with 3505 viewsDarth_Koont

Remember when I said on 18:37 - Feb 17 by BrixtonBlue

Chickers doesn't bother with facts when he has his ignorance to guide him.

His God is Ignorance?

All joking aside that would explain a lot.

Pronouns: He/Him

Remember when I said on 19:24 - Feb 17 with 3453 viewsRyorry

You're not stupid, so what on earth is it about your life that makes you keep sh1t stirring like this? (and don't say following ITFC, as plainly we're all sufferers here).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember when I said on 22:36 - Feb 17 with 3338 viewsHerbivore

Remember when I said on 19:24 - Feb 17 by Ryorry

You're not stupid, so what on earth is it about your life that makes you keep sh1t stirring like this? (and don't say following ITFC, as plainly we're all sufferers here).

The opening of your post is patently false.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when I said on 00:20 - Feb 18 with 3295 viewsRyorry

Remember when I said on 22:36 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

The opening of your post is patently false.

He shows flashes of intelligence in some posts sometimes tho ...

[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 3:18]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember when I said on 01:04 - Feb 18 with 3271 viewsDoctor_Earman

It's understandable that many less educated people would see Dawkins' comments and believe him to be a ''terrible person''. Both he and I (as holders of doctoral degrees) however, are able to see through such ill-informed and fallacious reasoning. Dawkins understands the uncomfortable truths of humanity (as do I), and is courageously expressing this whilst knowing fully that he will be vilified by the ignorant masses.
Remember when I said on 08:36 - Feb 18 with 3065 viewsBlueBadger

Remember when I said on 00:20 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

He shows flashes of intelligence in some posts sometimes tho ...

[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 3:18]

I think it's when he goes to the bog and his carer takes over.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember when I said on 13:11 - Feb 18 with 2942 viewsBlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2017/03/10/richard-dawkins-off-on-one-again/?fbclid=IwAR1l

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember when I said on 13:16 - Feb 18 with 2930 viewsHARRY10

Remember when I said on 13:11 - Feb 18 by BlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2017/03/10/richard-dawkins-off-on-one-again/?fbclid=IwAR1l

I presume you have not read all of the three comments he made in this regard
Remember when I said on 17:23 - Feb 18 with 2836 viewsEwan_Oozami

Remember when I said on 17:52 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

"media" not "middle"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Remember when I said on 17:56 - Feb 18 with 2820 viewschicoazul

Remember when I said on 18:22 - Feb 18 with 2780 viewssparks

What is it that he said, that you disagree with?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Remember when I said on 18:32 - Feb 18 with 2767 viewsEireannach_gorm

Remember when I said on 17:56 - Feb 18 by chicoazul

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briankateman/2020/02/17/will-cultured-meat-soon-be-

Thank you for pointing out that very enlightening article.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024