Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best place to drink before a home game 21:24 - Feb 17 with 2670 viewsskyblue23

Live in Colchester and never go out in Ipswich. Going for a few beers before the game this Saturday as I have a few mates coming along so was going to go Three wise as the one in Colchester is decent. Anywhere better for atmosphere before the game than three wise?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:49 - Feb 17 with 2598 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you go to the Three Wise Monkeys, you could take the short walk to Arcade Tavern, then down St Peters Street to Degeros and then Thomas Wolsey.

All offer something different in their way.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:52 - Feb 17 with 2566 viewsHerbivore

Arcade Street Tavern is the best pub in town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best place to drink before a home game on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 2454 viewsDinnernotTea

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:49 - Feb 17 by gainsboroughblue

If you go to the Three Wise Monkeys, you could take the short walk to Arcade Tavern, then down St Peters Street to Degeros and then Thomas Wolsey.

Fcking hell what time's he starting!?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Best place to drink before a home game on 22:41 - Feb 17 with 2443 viewsgainsboroughblue

Best place to drink before a home game on 22:40 - Feb 17 by DinnernotTea

I'm basing it on what my pre-match drinking schedule was.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 22:42]

Best place to drink before a home game on 00:00 - Feb 18 with 2357 viewsallezlesbleus

Best place to drink before a home game on 22:40 - Feb 17 by DinnernotTea

Seems like a top plan to me. Although once I get in Arcade, I struggle to get out in time for the match, let alone visit any other pubs.
Best place to drink before a home game on 20:40 - Feb 18 with 1924 viewsDinnernotTea

Best place to drink before a home game on 00:00 - Feb 18 by allezlesbleus

Seems like a top plan to me. Although once I get in Arcade, I struggle to get out in time for the match, let alone visit any other pubs.

Perfect for after game but pre game I love to set up camp in Thomas Wolsey which allows me to down as much as I can to soften the blow of what we're about to watch! Sod walking here there everywhere, valuable pint time!

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:05 - Feb 18 with 1871 viewsjimsymBLUE

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:49 - Feb 17 by gainsboroughblue

Is St Judes Brewery Tav. still open? I'm finally making it to a game Saturday and going to make full use of my pass!!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:11 - Feb 18 with 1852 viewsgainsboroughblue

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:05 - Feb 18 by jimsymBLUE

Is St Judes Brewery Tav. still open? I'm finally making it to a game Saturday and going to make full use of my pass!!!

Yep. That's my regular haunt.

Login to get fewer ads

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:19 - Feb 18 with 1828 viewsjimsymBLUE

Best place to drink before a home game on 21:11 - Feb 18 by gainsboroughblue

Yep. That's my regular haunt.

Excellent, cracking little pub. Looking forward to Saturday it's been over a year since I've been, warning to all though I haven't seen us win in I think the last 12 times I've ventured up....you can all blame me when we inevitably let in a last minute loser.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Best place to drink before a home game on 09:18 - Feb 19 with 1585 viewsallezlesbleus

Best place to drink before a home game on 20:40 - Feb 18 by DinnernotTea

Perfect for after game but pre game I love to set up camp in Thomas Wolsey which allows me to down as much as I can to soften the blow of what we're about to watch! Sod walking here there everywhere, valuable pint time!

I also like it in there, but it doesn't open until 1pm I think. I know it's closed at 12.
Best place to drink before a home game on 10:37 - Feb 19 with 1518 viewsDoctor_Earman

Drink at home. Much cheaper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024