Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watch Chelsea v United? 22:30 - Feb 17 with 3489 viewstractordownsouth

VAR was a disgrace, absolutely nothing wrong with what would have been Chelsea’s equaliser. Maguire should have gone in the first half, long before he scored.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:32 - Feb 17 with 3469 viewsJ2BLUE

I could have used a Chelsea comeback but surely you don't mean the goal where his entire foot was clearly offside?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:34 - Feb 17 with 3457 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:32 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

I could have used a Chelsea comeback but surely you don't mean the goal where his entire foot was clearly offside?

No, the Zouma goal which was disallowed for Azpi colliding with a defender, even though another Man Utd defender had pushed Azpi into him.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 11:06]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:39 - Feb 17 with 3424 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:34 - Feb 17 by tractordownsouth

No, the Zouma goal which was disallowed for Azpi colliding with a defender, even though another Man Utd defender had pushed Azpi into him.

Ah, I somehow completely missed that. Must have been out of the room.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:41 - Feb 17 with 3396 viewsvapour_trail

Disagree. Azpilicueta went through the young defender. Fred barely touched azpilicueta. Had to be disallowed.

Missed the maguire one.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:05 - Feb 18 with 3308 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 22:32 - Feb 17 by J2BLUE

Half his foot if that. The offside rule needs changing to favour the attacker. VAR will cause a riot before the season is over

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:16 - Feb 18 with 3290 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:05 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

Half his foot if that. The offside rule needs changing to favour the attacker. VAR will cause a riot before the season is over

It was clearly offside. Maybe not his whole boot but a very large proportion of it, it was as clear as day. If you know the rules I'm not sure how you can question it.

Sadly, because I thought Chelski were very unlucky on a number of things.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:34 - Feb 18 with 3261 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:16 - Feb 18 by BrixtonBlue

It was clearly offside. Maybe not his whole boot but a very large proportion of it, it was as clear as day. If you know the rules I'm not sure how you can question it.

Sadly, because I thought Chelski were very unlucky on a number of things.

Let’s just have teams play 90 minutes and then afterwards have a panel of anonymous judges tell us who the winner was based on reviewing fractions of centimeters and angles and arbitrarily drawn lines. It’s killing the game.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 0:35]

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 07:03 - Feb 18 with 3076 viewsitfcjoe

Was Azpi, and how ref doesn’t see it in real time is beyond me as 2 hands into his back and a blatant foul. A little nudge from Fred admittedly but goal shouldn’t have stood

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 07:07 - Feb 18 with 3063 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:34 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

Let’s just have teams play 90 minutes and then afterwards have a panel of anonymous judges tell us who the winner was based on reviewing fractions of centimeters and angles and arbitrarily drawn lines. It’s killing the game.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 0:35]

In the case of this offside you are missing the point that Assistants are no not flagging for anything marginal. They are then telling the ref over the comms he thinks there is an offside and lets VAR review it. In this case a top Premiership AR would have flagged for it.
I do agree the VAR bit simply causes frustration.
Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 07:59 - Feb 18 with 2936 viewssohamblue74

I agree. VAR is awful.
It always favours Man Utd too.
Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 08:55 - Feb 18 with 2865 viewsrickw

There was a similar decision in an Arsenal match earlier this season with a small push then a bigger one and they reached the same decision then, so I guess at least they're consistent.

Maguire raised his feet, but I don't think it was enough for a red card, so VAR wasn't allowed to say yellow (which is rubbish)

With the offside, I believe the VAR officials should have 30 seconds to find an offside if not it's called as level (this will stop them being too picky) however the TV camera's showed Giroud's foot was offside pretty quickly so that would still have been called.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 09:18 - Feb 18 with 2815 viewsWickets

Yes nothing wrong with the goal the first foul was by the Man u defender and i agree with Lampard , Harry Maguire should have been sent off . 2 more big VAR mistakes for me .
Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 09:49 - Feb 18 with 2762 viewsGarv

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 07:07 - Feb 18 by peterleeblue

In the case of this offside you are missing the point that Assistants are no not flagging for anything marginal. They are then telling the ref over the comms he thinks there is an offside and lets VAR review it. In this case a top Premiership AR would have flagged for it.
I do agree the VAR bit simply causes frustration.

Couldn’t we save a bit of money and just not have linesmen anymore? They don’t do anything.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 09:55 - Feb 18 with 2738 viewsWickets

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 08:55 - Feb 18 by rickw

There was a similar decision in an Arsenal match earlier this season with a small push then a bigger one and they reached the same decision then, so I guess at least they're consistent.

Maguire raised his feet, but I don't think it was enough for a red card, so VAR wasn't allowed to say yellow (which is rubbish)

With the offside, I believe the VAR officials should have 30 seconds to find an offside if not it's called as level (this will stop them being too picky) however the TV camera's showed Giroud's foot was offside pretty quickly so that would still have been called.

I see what your saying but rules dont say you are allowed a small push but not a bigger one plus the fact that if you get a push in the back even a small one it can move you forward making your push seem harder then it might have been . If you get my drift . Off side was offside .
Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 10:33 - Feb 18 with 2681 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 00:05 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

Don't watch much Premier League, so I don't know what as been said about this aspect, but how do they determine which frame to use, i.e. determine the moment at which 'the ball is played' to the potentially offside player?

It's certainly clear that most of his foot was offside in the frame shown yersterday, but I doubt you can be as precise in choosing the exact moment at which the ball is played to the potentially offside player. Is it when the ball first touches the boot, when it leaves the boot, half way between the two? Can camera angles always pick up the deflections of the ball or the gaps that indicate these events? What is the margin of error for determining the point at which the ball is played (changes every time), and how does that compare with the gap between frames. If the margin is greater than fr/2 then surely there has to be a 'fuzzy' element to the decision?

I'd rather not use the technology, but I think the public use of a single frame image (which the layman demands unfortunately) is a large part of the problem. The decision could be assessed and presented as a numerical value inside or outside of tolerance instead.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 12:05 - Feb 18 with 2586 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 07:59 - Feb 18 by sohamblue74

I agree. VAR is awful.
It always favours Man Utd too.

Wait, I thought it was LiVARpool who get all the var decisions to their benefit?

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 12:17 - Feb 18 with 2558 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That first decision was strange for me. Fred pushes the Chelsea player into the Man Utd one that is deemed a foul. That means, if the foul that ruled the goal out is anyone's fault it is Fred's. Therefore, it should have stood. At the very least it should have been a penalty for Chelsea for the foul by Fred.

I can't understand why Maguire didn't go. Perhaps it was the same ref who didn't book that thug who tried to castrate McGoldrick when he was here.

The only one it did get right was ruling out Chelsea's second, which was a shame because it was a beautiful goal aside from the foot making him offside and it would have made the final stages more interesting had it not been offside.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 13:21 - Feb 18 with 2481 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone watch Chelsea v United? on 14:38 - Feb 18 with 2413 viewsWickets

And did Liverpool got away with a push for the only goal against Norwich Saturday evening ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024