Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cat Owners 23:33 - Feb 17 with 8111 viewsSwailsey

A local friendly cat who prowls around our house just ran across the street because he recognised me and right under a moving car. There was a definite thud, but he ran off and we couldn’t find him anywhere.

Not entirely sure who’s cat it is - he’s just very lovely and always hanging around our front.

It’s dark and there’s loads of gardens nearby. Is the fact he ran off a good sign?

Can I do anything else?

Quite attached to the little dude and feel a massive sense of guilt because he wouldn’t have crossed if he hadn’t recognised me.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cat Owners on 23:41 - Feb 17 with 4302 viewsgiant_stow

Thats rough mr. Dont know what else you can do if you dont know his housr, other than check hes not hiding in the street somewhere.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cat Owners on 00:33 - Feb 18 with 4242 viewsRyorry

Stick notes thrugh letterboxes alerting people & asking them to check gardens, sheds etc. If hurt, animals tend to seek somewhere dark & secluded to lick their wounds, rest & try to heal.

If you're lucky, it hasn't yet used up all its lives. If not, I can understand your feelings - not nice when something like that happens - but remember that cats roaming loose are their owners' responsibility, not yours.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cat Owners on 01:08 - Feb 18 with 4221 viewsjeera

In my experience when a cat is injured it will hide up somewhere.

It will either want to be left alone to die in peace or if/when it comes to terms with the trauma it should hopefully take itself home.

As for the accident itself, it's not down to you at all. You can't lock them away. It could have spotted anything at any time and shot across a road mate - it happens. My own dog did it in front of me once and got knocked down. She was ok but it took a few days for her to get herself together.

Same with this cat. Even missing up to a week doesn't mean they've died. They take their time and will show themselves only when they're good and ready.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cat Owners on 20:53 - Feb 18 with 3717 viewsSwailsey

Thank you all!

Had a very worried sleep and day but the little sh*t was shouting at me and waiting by my front door when I got back from work.

He seems to have 100 lives.

Thanks again.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 21:14]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cat Owners on 05:12 - Feb 19 with 3488 viewsRyorry

Cat Owners on 20:53 - Feb 18 by Swailsey

Thank you all!

Had a very worried sleep and day but the little sh*t was shouting at me and waiting by my front door when I got back from work.

Thanks again.

Cheers for the update, great news!

Think you should have a break now - have a KitKat ;)

Cat Owners on 06:56 - Feb 19 with 3443 viewsLeaky

Thank you all!

Thanks again.

That's good news
Cat Owners on 07:25 - Feb 19 with 3413 viewsChurchman

Thank you all!

Thanks again.

That’s good news. We lost our first cat that way many years ago that way so I did fear the worst.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 7:43]
Cat Owners on 07:40 - Feb 19 with 3385 viewsSwailsey

Cat Owners on 07:25 - Feb 19 by Churchman

That’s good news. We lost our first cat that way many years ago that way so I did fear the worst.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 7:43]

Thank you and sorry to hear that.

Login to get fewer ads

Cat Owners on 17:15 - Feb 19 with 3229 viewsSharkey

Cat Owners on 07:40 - Feb 19 by Swailsey

Thank you and sorry to hear that.

I really like your concern.

I am very grateful to a motorist in rural Suffolk who bothered to stop and ring my (elderly) mother's doorbell and tell her that he'd found a cat dead on the road and was it hers? (It was, and much loved.) It had died a quick death, with one major blow to the head, and this guy had stopped and taken the cat off the road so it didn't get repeatedly run over. So my mother rang my brother, and together they were able to give it a decent burial. The driver's kindness was greatly appreciated.
Cat Owners on 17:37 - Feb 19 with 3182 viewshampstead_blue

if they are injured they run and hide.

Nothing you can do expect maybe look in very dark and secluded places

Cat's are beyond cool but very private. Nothing you can do I fear. If you find the cat take it to a vet as it may have a microchip. It will allow the family to be informed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Cat Owners on 17:40 - Feb 19 with 3193 viewsjeera

Cat Owners on 17:15 - Feb 19 by Sharkey

I am very grateful to a motorist in rural Suffolk who bothered to stop and ring my (elderly) mother's doorbell and tell her that he'd found a cat dead on the road and was it hers? (It was, and much loved.) It had died a quick death, with one major blow to the head, and this guy had stopped and taken the cat off the road so it didn't get repeatedly run over. So my mother rang my brother, and together they were able to give it a decent burial. The driver's kindness was greatly appreciated.

This wasn't Chedburgh by any chance?

I'm going to assume it wasn't but I did do that once.

I stopped and wrapped one in a blanket I had in the boot and laid it by the roadside.

It had a collar with contact info but when I called it was child who answered [!] so I couldn't really tell him and he said the parents were out. Anyway I got him to tell his mum to ring me which she did shortly after. She was thankful.

I don't really like cats but how someone can just leave the thing in the road is confusing. Going by its appearance, the cat was clearly well looked after and adored by someone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cat Owners on 17:50 - Feb 19 with 3180 viewsSharkey

Cat Owners on 17:40 - Feb 19 by jeera

This wasn't Chedburgh by any chance?

I'm going to assume it wasn't but I did do that once.

I stopped and wrapped one in a blanket I had in the boot and laid it by the roadside.

It had a collar with contact info but when I called it was child who answered [!] so I couldn't really tell him and he said the parents were out. Anyway I got him to tell his mum to ring me which she did shortly after. She was thankful.

I don't really like cats but how someone can just leave the thing in the road is confusing. Going by its appearance, the cat was clearly well looked after and adored by someone.

No, it was down near Nayland. But good on you, too.
Cat Owners on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 3172 viewsRadlett_blue

Many areas have local Facebook groups on which you might be able to post something saying you saw a cat being injured by a car. On my local village Facebook page people often post about missing pets.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cat Owners on 17:57 - Feb 19 with 3169 viewsjas0999

Sadly this is not uncommon with cats. The fact the cat ran off is a good sign. But as others have stated they tend to hide somewhere until they are feeling better or until they die.

There is very little else you can do and don’t blame yourself as cats tend to be jumpy.
Cat Owners on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 3145 viewsNewcyBlue

Cat Owners on 17:15 - Feb 19 by Sharkey

I picked up a dead cat from the road about 6 months ago.

It was a busy 50mph road and the cat was a state. But it was somebody’s pet. Their world. I had to go out into traffic which was a bit sporty. But I didn’t want to see it get hit again and again.

We have 5 cats, all indoor cats who get to go in our back yard as we have this netting to stop them getting out.

I adore each and every one of them.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Cat Owners on 18:37 - Feb 19 with 3095 viewssohamblue74

Thank you all!

Thanks again.

Great news. Glad to hear that the cat in question is alive and well.
One of our dear cats went missing while we were away earlier this week. I spent an hour looking for her on Tuesday evening, in wind, rain and darkness.
It took almost an hour, but I found her in a neighbour's garden, and she was fine, and very pleased to see us.
A huge relief all round.
Cat Owners on 22:21 - Feb 19 with 2988 viewsronnyd

Cat Owners on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

Many areas have local Facebook groups on which you might be able to post something saying you saw a cat being injured by a car. On my local village Facebook page people often post about missing pets.

Yes, That;s how my son and daughter in law found out about their beloved Baxter after he was killed in Daventry in December.
Cat Owners on 22:53 - Feb 19 with 2959 viewsRyorry

Cat Owners on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

Twitter too, the re-tweet facility means the outreach can be enormous.

Cat Owners on 22:55 - Feb 19 with 2954 viewsRyorry

Cat Owners on 18:05 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

I picked up a dead cat from the road about 6 months ago.

It was a busy 50mph road and the cat was a state. But it was somebody’s pet. Their world. I had to go out into traffic which was a bit sporty. But I didn’t want to see it get hit again and again.

We have 5 cats, all indoor cats who get to go in our back yard as we have this netting to stop them getting out.

I adore each and every one of them.

I just wish all cat owners had those nets, good on you.

Cat Owners on 23:01 - Feb 19 with 2943 viewsChurchman

Cat Owners on 17:57 - Feb 19 by jas0999

Sadly this is not uncommon with cats. The fact the cat ran off is a good sign. But as others have stated they tend to hide somewhere until they are feeling better or until they die.

There is very little else you can do and don’t blame yourself as cats tend to be jumpy.

You are right and yes, they are free spirits. It’s one of the things I like most about them. Dogs have owners (and I love dogs too!), cats have staff!

Sadly, I gather road accident is by far the main cause of accidental death for cats.
Cat Owners on 13:14 - Feb 20 with 2763 viewsCrawfordsboot

What is all this preening love a cat guff. Cats are revolting. They climb up on kitchen worktops, tables, beds, armchairs leaving hairs and god knows what germs everywhere. They shed hair and skin causing asthma attacks for kids and adults alike. They are a major killer of bird life and they crap in your neighbors garden.
What’s to like about a cat!
Cat Owners on 13:52 - Feb 20 with 2726 viewsCrawfordsboot

Cat Owners on 13:14 - Feb 20 by Crawfordsboot

What is all this preening love a cat guff. Cats are revolting. They climb up on kitchen worktops, tables, beds, armchairs leaving hairs and god knows what germs everywhere. They shed hair and skin causing asthma attacks for kids and adults alike. They are a major killer of bird life and they crap in your neighbors garden.

Just thought of something.

They’ll eat your pet budgie
🙀
Cat Owners on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 2702 viewsPecker

Thank you all!

Thanks again.

Fantastic news. Our cat came home with its mouth all smashed in a few years back. The vet said it got a passing blow from a car. Had her jaw wired up for a few months, but made a full recovery. They are very resilient for their size. Glad your little mate is back pestering you.
Cat Owners on 16:11 - Feb 20 with 2585 viewsSuperblue95

Cat Owners on 13:14 - Feb 20 by Crawfordsboot

Nobody is making you get a cat. Or comment on this post.

Bellend

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Cat Owners on 16:20 - Feb 20 with 2567 viewsGaryCooper

Cat Owners on 16:11 - Feb 20 by Superblue95

Nobody is making you get a cat. Or comment on this post.

Bellend

You do not have to have a cat to dislike them as animals, cats are a big reason behind the song bird decline, owners should be made to put a collar and bell on a cat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024