Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night 09:55 - Feb 18 with 1519 viewsGeoffSentence

Firstly, having brought a bigger telescope at the weekend, I got my first telescopic view of the Orion Nebula, which is something that floats my boat.

Secondly, a short time later, I accidentally laughed at Mrs Brown's Boys.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 09:59 - Feb 18 with 1491 viewsfooters

Neighbours been getting up to anything interesting?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:03 - Feb 18 with 1469 viewsEwan_Oozami

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 09:59 - Feb 18 by footers

Funny goings on around Betelguese apparently...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:05 - Feb 18 with 1460 viewsStokieBlue

What scope did you get?

Very hard to see the Orion nebula with the amount of light pollution around here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:50 - Feb 18 with 1352 viewsBlueBadger

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:03 - Feb 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Funny goings on around Betelguese apparently...

Just wait till you have an iffy takeaway and then experience funny things happening around Uranus.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 11:07 - Feb 18 with 1319 viewsGeoffSentence

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:05 - Feb 18 by StokieBlue

What scope did you get?

Very hard to see the Orion nebula with the amount of light pollution around here.

SB

Skywatcher 200

8 inch objective mirror, which is just about big enough to make out the nebula, even with the 'seeing' a bit crap like last night.

Looking forward to taking a peek at some other deep sky objects and getting a better view of the gas giants.

The people I bought it off have upgraded to a 400, dunno if I'll ever do that, but it is the way of telescopes to always want to get a bigger one.

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 11:08 - Feb 18 with 1312 viewsGeoffSentence

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 09:59 - Feb 18 by footers

My next door neighbour is always up to something interesting, no need for a telescope for that.

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 11:36 - Feb 18 with 1247 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 11:07 - Feb 18 by GeoffSentence

Skywatcher 200

8 inch objective mirror, which is just about big enough to make out the nebula, even with the 'seeing' a bit crap like last night.

Looking forward to taking a peek at some other deep sky objects and getting a better view of the gas giants.

The people I bought it off have upgraded to a 400, dunno if I'll ever do that, but it is the way of telescopes to always want to get a bigger one.

I expect you will be applying for your astronomers government grant Mr Sentence.

Don’t worry, I’ve also laughed at Mrs Browns Boys. The guilt wears off after a week or two.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 17:16 - Feb 18 with 1048 viewsSwansea_Blue

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 11:07 - Feb 18 by GeoffSentence

Skywatcher 200

Parabolic?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 17:48 - Feb 18 with 1023 viewsBrixtonBlue

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 10:05 - Feb 18 by StokieBlue

What scope did you get?

SB

TWTD is very telescope heavy today!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 17:54 - Feb 18 with 1004 viewsPecker

Why did you need an Orion Nebula to float your boat? Does it have a hole in it?
I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 19:48 - Feb 18 with 942 viewsDeano69

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 17:16 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

Parabolic?

No, it’s true.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I had two new and enjoyable experiences last night on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 927 viewsDoctor_Earman

Thought you were gonna say that you actually popped your cherry for a second there. My mistake. Apologies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024