Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona - More Than A Club.... 16:47 - Feb 18 with 6124 viewsitfcjoe

They have a shortage of strikers, but despite having players out on loan, B team players, youth players etc - they get granted special dispensation from Spanish Football Federation to go out and sign a striker outside the window.

They then pay release fee for Leganes striker (and ex-Middlesborough man) Martin Braithwate. Braithwate is Leganes top scorer this season with 10 goals as they fight relegation.

They are 19th in the table, 2 points away from safety.

All players in Spanish league have a release clause. Leganes can do nothing to stop this transfer as it has been met.

They also can't sign anyone else because it is outside the window.

So they just have their best player taken away, so mega club Barcelona can get a striker to cover a few games whilst others are injured.

What a grubby situation, from a club who act like they are the good guys but seem to gt involved in more and more of these grubby situations.

Poor old Leganes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:49 - Feb 18 with 867 viewsAce_High1

When I saw this yesterday I thought it strange they don't just promote someone from the Under 19 squad. They have a great academy La Masia, why not just give a youngster a go for a few months?
Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:52 - Feb 18 with 853 viewsPecker

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:36 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

Plus the extent of their U18 signings that led them to a transfer ban

Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern and Chelsea also do this. It doesn't make Barcelona any worse than most of the big clubs in European football. I think you have a dislike for them, which is obviously fine, but please don't make out they are any worse than others.
Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:55 - Feb 18 with 835 viewsitfcjoe

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:52 - Feb 18 by Pecker

Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern and Chelsea also do this. It doesn't make Barcelona any worse than most of the big clubs in European football. I think you have a dislike for them, which is obviously fine, but please don't make out they are any worse than others.

I don’t make out they are worse than the others, they are just as bad - it’s them who claim they are ‘More than a club’ and not like this.

Out of those clubs they are probably the one I prefer, I just hate the holier than thou attitude when they are exactly the same

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:59 - Feb 18 with 825 viewsPecker

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:55 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

I don’t make out they are worse than the others, they are just as bad - it’s them who claim they are ‘More than a club’ and not like this.

Out of those clubs they are probably the one I prefer, I just hate the holier than thou attitude when they are exactly the same

Fair enough. I think the "more than a club" statement comes from the fact that they do a lot of good for the people of Barcelona, whereas their great rival Real, take government money to sign players. Think it is just a dig at them.
Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 801 viewsitfcjoe

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 18:59 - Feb 18 by Pecker

Fair enough. I think the "more than a club" statement comes from the fact that they do a lot of good for the people of Barcelona, whereas their great rival Real, take government money to sign players. Think it is just a dig at them.

That may have been the case under Franco, but they can claim no morale high ground over Real any more

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 23:54 - Feb 18 with 731 viewsCoastalblue

Doesn't Martin Braithwate sound ike the guy who would have been the swot when you were at school?

Is he the Danish guy?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 08:44 - Feb 19 with 636 viewsWeWereZombies

Also, as I pointed out in a thread I instigated a day or so ago, there is a suspicion that their 'higher-ups' have tried to undermine star players who they feel are asking for too much and/or need to be moved on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51537554

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 08:47 - Feb 19 with 631 viewsHerbivore

Barcelona - More Than A Club.... on 19:19 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

That may have been the case under Franco, but they can claim no morale high ground over Real any more

Even post-Franco, the local government in Madrid purchased their training ground off Real for a large sum of money to help fund them. It's not all historic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024