Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diego Simeone? 22:16 - Feb 18 with 5872 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

In the best 3 managers in the world active right now.

Discuss
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:16]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Diego Simeone? on 22:23 - Feb 18 with 4388 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

4th in La Liga.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Diego Simeone? on 22:25 - Feb 18 with 4379 viewscrossyitfc

No
Diego Simeone? on 22:39 - Feb 18 with 4351 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 22:23 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

4th in La Liga.

3 better?

Diego Simeone? on 22:40 - Feb 18 with 4345 viewsbournemouthblue

Best defensive manager currently?

Who certainly knows how to organise a defence, his teams are pretty well schooled in sh1thousery too?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Diego Simeone? on 22:40 - Feb 18 with 4346 viewsJakeITFC

Yes, and has been for years.

Absolutely remarkable what he’s achieved with Atleti.
Diego Simeone? on 22:43 - Feb 18 with 4333 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:39 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

3 better?

Klopp
Guardiola
Wilder
Jose
Zidane
Lambert

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Diego Simeone? on 22:46 - Feb 18 with 4323 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Diego Simeone? on 22:23 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

4th in La Liga.

Had bad injuries to his squad.

The squad he has isn't actually that great. The centre backs both failed at other clubs and he gets the best out of them and has one of the best defensive records in the world
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:46]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Diego Simeone? on 22:46 - Feb 18 with 4314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:46 - Feb 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

The squad he has isn't actually that great. The centre backs both failed at other clubs and he gets the best out of them and has one of the best defensive records in the world

Haven't we all darling.

Login to get fewer ads

Diego Simeone? on 22:47 - Feb 18 with 4306 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Easily

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Diego Simeone? on 22:47 - Feb 18 with 4303 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 22:46 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Haven't we all darling.

Wilder, Jose, Zidane.... with all due respect, pull the other one.

Guardiola and Klopp were my other 2.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:48]

Diego Simeone? on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 4279 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:47 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Wilder, Jose, Zidane.... with all due respect, pull the other one.

Guardiola and Klopp were my other 2.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 22:48]

It's all subjective. No one has come close to what zidane achieved at Real in terms of CL wins. Like it or not, Jose's record sh1ts on Diego's, and there aren't many managers in the world 'pound for pound' who could do what wilder has done.

Glad you accept Lambert.

To be fair, my response was partially tongue in cheek, but partially making a point of how futile it is trying to compare / rank managers.

Diego Simeone? on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 4277 viewsCoco

Diego Simeone? on 22:39 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

3 better?

Klopp
Mullet
Sitters

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Diego Simeone? on 22:52 - Feb 18 with 4270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:51 - Feb 18 by Coco

Klopp
Mullet
Sitters

Klopp? Pull the other one!!

Diego Simeone? on 22:52 - Feb 18 with 4271 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 22:46 - Feb 18 by TRUE_BLUE123

Godin (Inter Milan)
Griezmann (Barcelona)
Lucas Hernandez (Bayern)
Rodri (Man City)
Martins (Monaco)

Add Juanfran and Felipe Luis

All left in the the last 12 months, all stalwarts for so long under Simeone. Diego Costa sidelined for 2 months.

An incredible job he has done in my opinion.

Diego Simeone? on 22:54 - Feb 18 with 4263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:52 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Godin (Inter Milan)
Griezmann (Barcelona)
Lucas Hernandez (Bayern)
Rodri (Man City)
Martins (Monaco)

Add Juanfran and Felipe Luis

All left in the the last 12 months, all stalwarts for so long under Simeone. Diego Costa sidelined for 2 months.

An incredible job he has done in my opinion.

You forgot the £120m signing x x

Diego Simeone? on 22:57 - Feb 18 with 4240 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 22:51 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's all subjective. No one has come close to what zidane achieved at Real in terms of CL wins. Like it or not, Jose's record sh1ts on Diego's, and there aren't many managers in the world 'pound for pound' who could do what wilder has done.

Glad you accept Lambert.

To be fair, my response was partially tongue in cheek, but partially making a point of how futile it is trying to compare / rank managers.

Mourinho has done very little since his last Chelsea spell, over half a decade ago I believe? In fact, many would say his career and his management has declined ever since.

If Zidane wins it this year, with this squad, I would rank above Simeone, until then, I’m afraid not.

Comparing Wilder and Simeone is not comparing apples with apples, a remarkable job Wilder has done, but it’s a none debate.

As you say though, subjective and only a matter of opinion.

Diego Simeone? on 22:59 - Feb 18 with 4233 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 22:54 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

You forgot the £120m signing x x

Joao Felix will be a superstar, but still settling under Simeone.

Diego Simeone? on 23:00 - Feb 18 with 4229 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:57 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Mourinho has done very little since his last Chelsea spell, over half a decade ago I believe? In fact, many would say his career and his management has declined ever since.

If Zidane wins it this year, with this squad, I would rank above Simeone, until then, I’m afraid not.

Comparing Wilder and Simeone is not comparing apples with apples, a remarkable job Wilder has done, but it’s a none debate.

As you say though, subjective and only a matter of opinion.

Indeed.

To be fair, Mourinho's two trophies at Utd are looking quite good now. Simeones trophies would look lost in the corner of Mourinho's trophy room.

Re Wilder and not comparing Apple's with apples, that kind of makes my point.

Diego Simeone? on 23:01 - Feb 18 with 4224 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 22:59 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Joao Felix will be a superstar, but still settling under Simeone.

Nice problem to have.

He would settle well under the 3rd best manager in the world surely.

Diego Simeone? on 23:04 - Feb 18 with 4216 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 23:00 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

To be fair, Mourinho's two trophies at Utd are looking quite good now. Simeones trophies would look lost in the corner of Mourinho's trophy room.

Re Wilder and not comparing Apple's with apples, that kind of makes my point.

I think any major trophy is credible for a manager to be honest. Certainly lost his mojo though, hope he can re kindle it for the benefit of the game, but seems to have fell out of love since Chelsea. Doesn’t look the same.

Re Wilder - to be in the top 3 in the world, you have to be in Europeans elite though, Wilder is doing a remarkable job at Sheffield United, but he just doesn’t enter the conversation right now.

Diego Simeone? on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 4192 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 23:04 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think any major trophy is credible for a manager to be honest. Certainly lost his mojo though, hope he can re kindle it for the benefit of the game, but seems to have fell out of love since Chelsea. Doesn’t look the same.

Re Wilder - to be in the top 3 in the world, you have to be in Europeans elite though, Wilder is doing a remarkable job at Sheffield United, but he just doesn’t enter the conversation right now.

Re Wilder that's just football snobbery. Agree to differ.

Jose I agree is not what he was, but he seems to have got his mojo back a bit this season.

Simeone is not what he was at the moment either.

Diego Simeone? on 23:09 - Feb 18 with 4184 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 23:01 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nice problem to have.

He would settle well under the 3rd best manager in the world surely.

Yeah I’m sure he would to fit the narrative of your argument. But you know football, doesn’t work like that.

I don’t think 20 odd games will define him at Atletico. See Ronaldo, took him adjustment time to settle at Man Utd as young prospect moving for big money, leaving Portugal for the first time.

Diego Simeone? on 23:12 - Feb 18 with 4168 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diego Simeone? on 23:07 - Feb 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Re Wilder that's just football snobbery. Agree to differ.

Jose I agree is not what he was, but he seems to have got his mojo back a bit this season.

Simeone is not what he was at the moment either.

Re Wilder - not football snobbery it’s just the reality of where the two managers are at in their respective careers, there is levels. Agree to differ.

Jury out still on Mourinho, I see no change from his time at Manchester Utd, will all go sour sooner rather than later.

Diego Simeone? on 23:14 - Feb 18 with 4152 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 23:09 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Yeah I’m sure he would to fit the narrative of your argument. But you know football, doesn’t work like that.

I don’t think 20 odd games will define him at Atletico. See Ronaldo, took him adjustment time to settle at Man Utd as young prospect moving for big money, leaving Portugal for the first time.

Or on the flip side, Mbappe, Haaland and Sancho.

I do take your point though, am sure he will come good.

Diego Simeone? on 23:16 - Feb 18 with 4144 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Diego Simeone? on 23:12 - Feb 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

Re Wilder - not football snobbery it’s just the reality of where the two managers are at in their respective careers, there is levels. Agree to differ.

Jury out still on Mourinho, I see no change from his time at Manchester Utd, will all go sour sooner rather than later.

I can't see Diego being able to achieve what Wilder has achieved with the same resources.

But that's the point really, managers don't have level playing field so it's hard to tell. At the moment all you can probably say is that Klopp is in the lead.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2020 23:17]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024