Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London event last night 07:23 - Feb 19 with 15378 viewsitfcjoe

Any insight from those who went?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London event last night on 08:18 - Feb 19 with 5242 viewsKTBlue

Enjoyable evening, but as you'd expect, no bombshells. Kvy will be back in 2 weeks.
Thought lee o'neil spoke well. First time ive seen him
London event last night on 08:59 - Feb 19 with 5155 viewsSteve_M

It was good, O'Neill, Lambert and Taylor were in attendance along with Dan Palfrey. Nothing earth shattering but I came away feeling positive and thinking that they have the interests of the wider club at heart.

O'Neill seems more confident in that role than a year ago, he came across well then but it was a bit more polished this year. Media training plus practice I suppose. Fairly easy to see how Lambert can motivate players as he started quietly but brought the enthusiasm level of the room up.

Both are clearly frustrated that so much has been done so poorly (cheaply?) at the club for too long and seem determined to improve that. The lack of community engagement in particular which at least we've made big improvements with in 18 months.

As an aside there were a couple of kids on the train to Colchester on Saturday, maybe 14 or 15, one clearly hadn't been very often, they had got tickets through something to do with the academy. Both were buzzing about the match, on the phone to parents wanting to get seasons tickets next year. It really doesn't take much does it but it was nice to see.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

London event last night on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 5034 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 08:59 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

It was good, O'Neill, Lambert and Taylor were in attendance along with Dan Palfrey. Nothing earth shattering but I came away feeling positive and thinking that they have the interests of the wider club at heart.

O'Neill seems more confident in that role than a year ago, he came across well then but it was a bit more polished this year. Media training plus practice I suppose. Fairly easy to see how Lambert can motivate players as he started quietly but brought the enthusiasm level of the room up.

Both are clearly frustrated that so much has been done so poorly (cheaply?) at the club for too long and seem determined to improve that. The lack of community engagement in particular which at least we've made big improvements with in 18 months.

As an aside there were a couple of kids on the train to Colchester on Saturday, maybe 14 or 15, one clearly hadn't been very often, they had got tickets through something to do with the academy. Both were buzzing about the match, on the phone to parents wanting to get seasons tickets next year. It really doesn't take much does it but it was nice to see.

Did PRP say anything at all to make you think that he has any sort of plan in place to make us a better football team. A vision, a strategy, any sort of clue whatsoever about what he is doing? Or did he just come across as a bloke good at saying the right things to get by?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

London event last night on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 5020 viewschicoazul

London event last night on 08:59 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

Who's Dan Palfrey?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 with 5004 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

London event last night on 09:21 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

Who's Dan Palfrey?

I think he is the players liaison officer and always works for the media team

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 with 4992 viewschicoazul

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I think he is the players liaison officer and always works for the media team

Is he that cockney dude whose accent annoys me?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 with 4993 viewsSitfcB

Who's Dan Palfrey?

PR manager (Joint with PRP of course) and player liaison officer.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London event last night on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 4983 viewsSitfcB

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

Is he that cockney dude whose accent annoys me?

That’s probably Steve Pearce.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

London event last night on 09:25 - Feb 19 with 4971 viewsPJH

Who's Dan Palfrey?

Don't think so.

The Who were Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle and Keith Moon.
London event last night on 09:26 - Feb 19 with 4961 viewschicoazul

London event last night on 09:23 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

PR manager (Joint with PRP of course) and player liaison officer.

Thanks to you and the other chap who answered.

Ipswich Town have a PR Manager, hahahahaha

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 with 4946 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 09:25 - Feb 19 by PJH

Don't think so.

The Who were Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle and Keith Moon.

PJH is properly getting the hang of this TWTD malarkey.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 with 4960 viewsclive_baker

London event last night on 09:19 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Did PRP say anything at all to make you think that he has any sort of plan in place to make us a better football team. A vision, a strategy, any sort of clue whatsoever about what he is doing? Or did he just come across as a bloke good at saying the right things to get by?

Most of the focus was on the off field work, little questioning about the on field with the exception of some comments on Dobra. An observation he made was that we lack leadership on the pitch. He was asked who was captain material after Chambers and he said there isn’t an obvious one. Downes leads by example but we’re a quiet bunch and lack leaders. Suggested it’s something he would like to address.

Suggested a few times we are likely to have to lose players, but would need to invest some proceeds back into the squad.

There was a lot of focus on social media, the dangers and pitfalls and actions the club are taking to support the players from negativity on there. Lambert confessed to being old school and not a fan of it in general.

I thought all answered candidly and have their hearts in the right place, but reading between the lines it’s quite clear ME is still taking the cheap option at every turn.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed because he’s a good bloke, but he got away pretty lightly last night in terms of anything too challenging around team selection, rotation, recent form etc.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

London event last night on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 4942 viewsPJH

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

PJH is properly getting the hang of this TWTD malarkey.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

hoppy taught me as part of my TWTD induction.
London event last night on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 4873 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

Most of the focus was on the off field work, little questioning about the on field with the exception of some comments on Dobra. An observation he made was that we lack leadership on the pitch. He was asked who was captain material after Chambers and he said there isn’t an obvious one. Downes leads by example but we’re a quiet bunch and lack leaders. Suggested it’s something he would like to address.

Suggested a few times we are likely to have to lose players, but would need to invest some proceeds back into the squad.

There was a lot of focus on social media, the dangers and pitfalls and actions the club are taking to support the players from negativity on there. Lambert confessed to being old school and not a fan of it in general.

I thought all answered candidly and have their hearts in the right place, but reading between the lines it’s quite clear ME is still taking the cheap option at every turn.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed because he’s a good bloke, but he got away pretty lightly last night in terms of anything too challenging around team selection, rotation, recent form etc.

Who would have ever thought that PRP would give to an event like this and play to the room while keeping everything off field stuff? It is such a cheap option to sit there and say things need to be done better and more spent but he took us to league 1 and can't get us back up, this has cost us millions

London event last night on 09:43 - Feb 19 with 4827 viewsKTBlue

London event last night on 09:38 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Who would have ever thought that PRP would give to an event like this and play to the room while keeping everything off field stuff? It is such a cheap option to sit there and say things need to be done better and more spent but he took us to league 1 and can't get us back up, this has cost us millions

of course, there was no way you could have gone last night to put these points to him, or any of the other nights in Ipswich.
London event last night on 09:44 - Feb 19 with 4827 viewsSteve_M

London event last night on 09:38 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

No one asked very much about on-field stuff, Lambert answered what he was asked pretty openly. Maybe he wouldn't have been so open if asked about team selection in the Autumn but, as it wasn't put to the test, then accusing him of playing to the room is low.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

London event last night on 09:52 - Feb 19 with 4743 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 09:43 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

of course, there was no way you could have gone last night to put these points to him, or any of the other nights in Ipswich.

I don't live in Ipswich or London

London event last night on 09:53 - Feb 19 with 4744 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 09:44 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

No one asked very much about on-field stuff, Lambert answered what he was asked pretty openly. Maybe he wouldn't have been so open if asked about team selection in the Autumn but, as it wasn't put to the test, then accusing him of playing to the room is low.

I suppose the people that would go to that sort of thing to see him probably don't really care about the football side.

London event last night on 09:58 - Feb 19 with 4716 viewsKTBlue

London event last night on 09:52 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

I don't live in Ipswich or London

nor does the person I went with.
Fishers was at the Oxford game.... on 10:00 - Feb 19 with 4713 viewsBloots

London event last night on 09:43 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

...scouting our opponents for Saturday as we reach the most important part of the season.

Rather than sitting in a boozer in London.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

London event last night on 10:12 - Feb 19 with 4623 viewsclive_baker

London event last night on 09:53 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

I suppose the people that would go to that sort of thing to see him probably don't really care about the football side.

You're clueless.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

London event last night on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 4587 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 09:58 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

nor does the person I went with.

Are you really questioning me not doing a 7 hour round trip for an utterly pointless event?

London event last night on 10:15 - Feb 19 with 4582 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 10:12 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

You're clueless.

Never been wrong sweetie x

London event last night on 10:23 - Feb 19 with 4534 viewsKTBlue

London event last night on 10:15 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Are you really questioning me not doing a 7 hour round trip for an utterly pointless event?

you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about something you claim to be passionate about. There aren't many opportunities in today's football to actually sit down and question a manager. Ipswich give fans that chance. Seems strange that all the people who are supposedly so p1ssed off with the situation can't be arsed to actually try to address the issue or at least get an answer.
London event last night on 10:24 - Feb 19 with 4520 viewsportmanking

London event last night on 10:23 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about something you claim to be passionate about. There aren't many opportunities in today's football to actually sit down and question a manager. Ipswich give fans that chance. Seems strange that all the people who are supposedly so p1ssed off with the situation can't be arsed to actually try to address the issue or at least get an answer.

Quite right, but Bluefish is all mouth and no trousers. The epitome of the keyboard warrior generation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024