Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) 09:17 - Feb 19 with 11228 viewschicoazul

In a couple of weeks I am moving to Germany, permanently.

Since I don't care much at all about Ipswich Town anymore and haven't been to a home game in about 2 years, and since I won't be in the UK and won't have much interest in domestic politics and whatnot as I settle me and my family into a new culture & country, it seems a good time to recuse myself from TWTD.

I think I started posting here in December 1998 so that's a lot of time to have spent guffing about arguing over Louie Donowa, Holland or Kinsella, why Jim went mad (the great modern tragedy in our history btw) etc etc.

I'll be here for the rest of the week so get your digs in now before your favourite social conservative tedious moraliser leaves forever.
SUQ, etc.

PS, I added this as a football thread since I know some good TWTD mandem these days don't open General threads and frankly I want to bother them one last time. XOXO.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:07 - Feb 19 with 4157 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am sure you will be back - on here at some point and to watch a game when we are back in the Premier League (or not).

Have a great time and look after yourself. I hope Brexit doesn't create any problems either in terms of practically or in terms of European's attitude towards you as a Brit.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:22 - Feb 19 with 4122 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good luck with the move and all the best for the future.

I’ll keep a look out for our newest poster Berlin_Blue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:25 - Feb 19 with 4105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:22 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

Good luck with the move and all the best for the future.

I’ll keep a look out for our newest poster Berlin_Blue

kinderblau surely?

Good luck chico (you massive bender etc etc)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:27 - Feb 19 with 4109 viewshoppy

You don't even want to stay for the cheese?

Good luck with everything anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:32 - Feb 19 with 4088 viewsclive_baker

Good news, apparently they have internet access in Berlin now and everything, you'll be able to post still!

Only joshing, although on a serious note it can sometimes be hard to move away, and having some 'link' back home can be a really nice thing so don't be too dismissive of posting on here. Just my advice having lived in NYC for a year a few years back.

Good luck in Germany, it's a wonderful country and Berlin is a fantastic city, I'm sure you'll make a good go of it. You'll be missed around here though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 4054 viewsPlums

All the best fella. Berlin is a great city, part of me is very jealous. You’ll be missed here after all those years of posting.
Ha Ho He

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:05 - Feb 19 with 4021 viewsTractorCam

Telling us you're going to Germany, is your name Paul Lambert?

Best of luck.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:10 - Feb 19 with 4011 viewsGaryCooper

Yes you have been a constant in what must be approaching the 20 years I have been on here, good luck.
Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:16 - Feb 19 with 4004 viewsAlexwaddell

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:58 - Feb 19 by Darth_Koont

Good luck and hope you have a great time.

Travel and especially living abroad opens the mind.

Best of luck in Berlin.......you can always get the offshore version of ifollow for Town matches...£110 if you feel homesick....

Poll: What was today?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:17 - Feb 19 with 4003 viewsRyorry

G'l Chico, at the end of the day I'll miss you, you so often gave me something to laugh at 🤣

You'll have access to really *properly* made Sauerkraut now! amongst all the other benefits of life in Germany, such as living in a EU member state ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:38 - Feb 19 with 3949 viewsDyland

SUQ

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:39 - Feb 19 with 3948 viewsDyland

Why would you stop posting though you utter sausage bellend x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 3917 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Chico you bloody plum on 12:09 - Feb 19 with 3894 viewsFunge

This saddens me (a little)

If the rest of us have to endure this boiled knacker of a
football club, then so do you.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 12:21]
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:21 - Feb 19 with 3873 viewsDeano69

I played for Dortmund you know..

Actually I didnt.

Enjoy the new pace of life, all the best.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 3868 viewsLord_Lucan

So long Chico, it's been a blast.

You have generally been one of the more sensible posters and I have enjoyed our cyber friendship.

As others have stated Berlin is a fantastic City but I see no reason why you shouldn't keep posting. If you were to say you were stopping because of the amount of absolute w4nk posted on here then fair enough but geography is not a reason.

Talking of sausages, this one is a banger! Make sure you play it.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 12:26]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:27 - Feb 19 with 3858 viewsMetal_Hacker

Good luck dude

Was in Berlin last November......loved it . Very Sheffield-Esque

Stay safe

Poll: If it were one or the other

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:29 - Feb 19 with 3857 viewscatch74

Best of luck for the future. Keep your account, just in case!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:29 - Feb 19 with 3858 viewsJ2BLUE

The leftie takeover of TWTD is now complete.

It’s been an honour brother. All the best. I’m sure we will meet one day in the re-education camp.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 3855 viewsurbanblue

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:29 - Feb 19 by catch74

Best of luck for the future. Keep your account, just in case!

I love Berlin. All the best to you and yours ... I feel we haven't heard the last from you though!
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 3839 viewsfooters

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:29 - Feb 19 by J2BLUE

The leftie takeover of TWTD is now complete.

It’s been an honour brother. All the best. I’m sure we will meet one day in the re-education camp.

As my old man used to say, 'If you will not listen, then you must feel'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 3824 viewsSpruceMoose

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:39 - Feb 19 by giant_stow

No way! You can't go - who will wind everyone up?

Germany is an interesting choice. All the best mr - genuinely.

Oh hello!

Good luck Chickers. Enjoy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 3807 viewsSuperblue95

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:40 - Feb 19 by SpruceMoose

Oh hello!

Good luck Chickers. Enjoy.

There’s a moose loose about the hoose!

All the best Chico

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:55 - Feb 19 with 3777 viewsgiant_stow

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 11:39 - Feb 19 by Dyland

Why would you stop posting though you utter sausage bellend x

To break free of the addiction that is twtd, of course! Before you Chico, how about a debate on the drugs like quality of twtd and how to fight this terrible blight on society?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 12:57 - Feb 19 with 3766 viewsDubtractor

Good luck for the move buh.

You'll be back though. You're kidding no one.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024