Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two 12:05 - Feb 19 with 30155 viewsGeoffSentence

well, according to Craig Ramage they do

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-ramage-racist-derby-coun

It honestly beggars belief what goes through some people's minds and even more so what comes out of their mouths.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:12 - Feb 19 with 8482 viewssparks

I couldn't read the article- as the site wanted me to "Whitelist" it vis a vis my adblocker.

You couldn't make it up....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 8463 viewsSuperblue95

In what world did he think he’d get away with saying that?! Goes to prove that footballers really can be a thick bunch

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 8453 viewsHerbivore

I saw this the other day. It's the same kind of attitude that pervades on here at times in the language that some people use to describe or criticise black players in comparison to white players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:21 - Feb 19 with 8432 viewsMetal_Hacker

It's the New Britain

Thanks Boris ffs
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 12:29]

Poll: If it were one or the other

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 8409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:21 - Feb 19 by Metal_Hacker

It's the New Britain

Thanks Boris ffs

How is it new, its very Ron Atkinson. c.20 years ago.

No idea what the guy was thinking!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:44 - Feb 19 with 8333 viewsMrTown

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:21 - Feb 19 by Metal_Hacker

It's the New Britain

Thanks Boris ffs

What has Boris Johnson got to do with Craig Rampage making comments about Derby 'young black players'

Whether you are a fan Boris or not, that is clutching.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 8306 viewshatch

Darren Bent is having his say on twitter too.

And others opening a debate around whether people should still be shaming him on twitter in the aftermath of Flack.
All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:01 - Feb 19 with 8221 viewsBlueBadger

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:26 - Feb 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

How is it new, its very Ron Atkinson. c.20 years ago.

No idea what the guy was thinking!

What is 'new', is the overt nature of a lot of it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 8214 viewsBlueBadger

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:16 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

I saw this the other day. It's the same kind of attitude that pervades on here at times in the language that some people use to describe or criticise black players in comparison to white players.

Usually veiled, but it's there. No-one spoke about Aaron Cresswell getting 'too big for his boots' when stories of premier league interest in him surfaced, unlike they did with Tyronne Mings, for example.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 8252 viewsEly_Blue

But it’s ok for black artists to go on with a chip on their shoulders on national TV on the Brit awards? No wonder these young impressionable footballs have these them and us attitudes

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 8220 viewssparks

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

But it’s ok for black artists to go on with a chip on their shoulders on national TV on the Brit awards? No wonder these young impressionable footballs have these them and us attitudes

"chip on their shoulders" really?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:05 - Feb 19 with 8208 viewsBlueBadger

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 12:44 - Feb 19 by MrTown

What has Boris Johnson got to do with Craig Rampage making comments about Derby 'young black players'

Whether you are a fan Boris or not, that is clutching.

You're very naive if you don't think having a thick, openly racist prime minister won't embolden other, equally thick and racist people to be openly racist.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:07 - Feb 19 with 8207 viewsEly_Blue

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 by sparks

"chip on their shoulders" really?

I take it that you watched it did you?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 8201 viewssparks

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:07 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

I take it these "black artists" need taking down a peg or two?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 8208 viewsBackToRussia

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:04 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

Yes it's fine for black people to call out racism they experience but not for white people to be racist. It's a mad world isn't it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 8189 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine someone going on live TV to call out racism. Terrible bastard.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:09 - Feb 19 with 8185 viewsBlueBadger

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:07 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

Which bit about the 'this is what racism is really like' tune 'Black' upset you the most?

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:11 - Feb 19 with 8169 viewsHerbivore

You div.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:13 - Feb 19 with 8170 viewsEly_Blue

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:09 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Which bit about the 'this is what racism is really like' tune 'Black' upset you the most?

Because for 99% of the population there is no racism in this country, it is the 1% minority that make it an issue giving the rappers a platform to turn it mainstream and give it the big “everyone is racist” at prime time on TV. Wasn’t it stormzy who did an interview in the Italian media claiming that the uk was a racist country? Quite ironic really given that Italy and countries further east and south in Europe are far more racist than the UK

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 8156 viewsGlasgowBlue

The absolute nerve of a black man who has most likely been on the receiving end of radical abuse, publicly calling out somebody who in a position of power and has used the sort of language that normalised the type of racism he has had to put up with.

I mean who do these black peoples with chips on their shoulder think they are?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 8149 viewsHerbivore

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:08 - Feb 19 by BackToRussia

Yes it's fine for black people to call out racism they experience but not for white people to be racist. It's a mad world isn't it.

It's remarkable that this still needs pointing out to some people.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 8150 viewsEly_Blue

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:11 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

You div.

Thanks for the reasoned debate, showing your true mentality here I see

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 8145 viewsBlueBadger

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:13 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

Because for 99% of the population there is no racism in this country, it is the 1% minority that make it an issue giving the rappers a platform to turn it mainstream and give it the big “everyone is racist” at prime time on TV. Wasn’t it stormzy who did an interview in the Italian media claiming that the uk was a racist country? Quite ironic really given that Italy and countries further east and south in Europe are far more racist than the UK

I'm glad we've got a middle class white bloke here to clear all this up.

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 8127 viewsHerbivore

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:13 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

So because racism for you as a white man isn't an issue then you think that black people who do experience racism should just put up with it and pipe down? That's a hot take.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 13:19]

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 8120 viewsHerbivore

All Derby's young black lads need pulling down a peg or two on 13:14 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

Thanks for the reasoned debate, showing your true mentality here I see

It was a better response than you deserved to be fair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024