Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The Man" is watching me - and you 18:38 - Feb 20 with 7623 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently yesterday my wife was speaking with my daughter on the phone about some stuff she had bought off Amazon and after the phone call my daughter received a text showing pictures of what the wife had bought.

Frightening

Who is monitoring me, iphone, Alexa or both?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 18:54 - Feb 20 with 4757 viewsJ2BLUE

I have often thought we are tracked far more than we know. I am convinced my iphone reads my texts. If I get a message saying 'fancy a coffee?' I get directions to Costa come up...

I'm also convinced google tracks us way beyond the massive extent we already know about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:07 - Feb 20 with 4716 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 18:54 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

I have often thought we are tracked far more than we know. I am convinced my iphone reads my texts. If I get a message saying 'fancy a coffee?' I get directions to Costa come up...

I'm also convinced google tracks us way beyond the massive extent we already know about.

A few weeks ago I was having some training for my job, I sat talking to my mate about the Bluetooth speaker the bloke taking the course had. 1hr later I went on ebay for something and the exact speaker was on there as an item I might like. Neither of us had looked it up on our phones and I am certain my phone heard us taking.
"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 4702 viewsLord_Lucan

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:07 - Feb 20 by Cotton_eyed_joe

A few weeks ago I was having some training for my job, I sat talking to my mate about the Bluetooth speaker the bloke taking the course had. 1hr later I went on ebay for something and the exact speaker was on there as an item I might like. Neither of us had looked it up on our phones and I am certain my phone heard us taking.

I don't know what my wife is talking about right now but a bloody great dildo has appeared on my phone.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 4673 viewshampstead_blue

I've not had this on Android.

It's properly f##ked-up. Properly.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:11 - Feb 20 with 4670 viewshampstead_blue

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:09 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know what my wife is talking about right now but a bloody great dildo has appeared on my phone.

It's reading her thoughts!

Is it a copy of you?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:15 - Feb 20 with 4663 viewsLord_Lucan

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:11 - Feb 20 by hampstead_blue

It's reading her thoughts!

Is it a copy of you?

No, it's a darker shade and a lot bigger. It's quite the specimen!

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:17 - Feb 20 with 4647 viewsNewcyBlue

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 18:54 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Nobody invites you out for a coffee!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 4618 viewsLord_Lucan

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:17 - Feb 20 by NewcyBlue

Nobody invites you out for a coffee!

He'd burn it.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 4599 viewsSitfcB

Phone listen to conversations that don’t take place as a phone call as well as when you talk about something an advert will appear for it on Facebook!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 20:06]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:25 - Feb 20 with 4588 viewsjeera

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:07 - Feb 20 by Cotton_eyed_joe

Well no one's listening to me then.

Otherwise they'd be a string of blonde haired Swedish ladies lining up on my doorstep.

I must unblock Alexa and co.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:36 - Feb 20 with 4555 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The wife eh? Sure...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 4527 viewsOldsmoker

Spare a thought for all those who have an interest in manhole covers like Jeremy Corbyn does. Pictures of 'manholes' being sent to your phone could be most upsetting for some.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

(No subject) on 19:49 - Feb 20 with 4507 viewsBlueastheycome

I had a chat with a bloke about Liverpool shirts as he had just bought one for his son. About half an hour later I received an email from Amazon with suggested items.. ‘Liverpool shirts for sale’

Around a similar time, I was having a chat with my brother in law about Lord of the Rings.. low and behold I receive an email from amazon suggesting, yes you guessed it!

My iPhone is listening to me ! I would love to know the mechanics of the how it all works. All very scary!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 19:49]
"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:52 - Feb 20 with 4470 viewsfooters

Even Orwell wasn't pessimistic enough to envision us wanting to wiretap our own homes and 'tag' our real names, faces and locations on social media.

If you use this stuff, that's what you're asking for.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:53 - Feb 20 with 4475 viewsTerra_Farma

I read Edward Snowden's book called "Permanent Record".

It's a superb read and also scary at just how much of a data footprint we leave.
(No subject) on 19:55 - Feb 20 with 4464 viewsLord_Lucan

(No subject) on 19:49 - Feb 20 by Blueastheycome

I had a chat with a bloke about Liverpool shirts as he had just bought one for his son. About half an hour later I received an email from Amazon with suggested items.. ‘Liverpool shirts for sale’

Around a similar time, I was having a chat with my brother in law about Lord of the Rings.. low and behold I receive an email from amazon suggesting, yes you guessed it!

My iPhone is listening to me ! I would love to know the mechanics of the how it all works. All very scary!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 19:49]

I knew we were being monitored but I didn't realise to what extent.

Bossbeard just text me and apart from the picture of a ladyboy he sent he tells me that he read that the CEO of Amazon turns his Echo off when he is chit chatting at the dinner table.

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:56 - Feb 20 with 4448 viewsTerra_Farma

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:52 - Feb 20 by footers

Even Orwell wasn't pessimistic enough to envision us wanting to wiretap our own homes and 'tag' our real names, faces and locations on social media.

If you use this stuff, that's what you're asking for.

i bet you still s h i t in your outhouse footers.
"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 4426 viewsfooters

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 19:56 - Feb 20 by Terra_Farma

i bet you still s h i t in your outhouse footers.

Only occasionally. I'm just not daft enough to use my real name on social media, allow apps to track my location generally, or buy a silly voice recognition speaker that doubles as an Amazon wiretap.

(No subject) on 20:01 - Feb 20 with 4403 viewsjeera

(No subject) on 19:55 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

I knew we were being monitored but I didn't realise to what extent.

Bossbeard just text me and apart from the picture of a ladyboy he sent he tells me that he read that the CEO of Amazon turns his Echo off when he is chit chatting at the dinner table.

There was IT bod on TV a while back and this kind of thing came up.

Famously, Zuckerberg covers any camera on his devices and when asked this woman said it's absolutely the right thing to do and that she does - and recommends - the same.

Maybe a local expert on here can throw more light on that, but I'm just repeating what they said.

I suppose they're more referring towards hacking though, but nonetheless, it's all rather uncomfortable.

(No subject) on 20:04 - Feb 20 with 4376 viewsLord_Lucan

(No subject) on 20:01 - Feb 20 by jeera

There was IT bod on TV a while back and this kind of thing came up.

Famously, Zuckerberg covers any camera on his devices and when asked this woman said it's absolutely the right thing to do and that she does - and recommends - the same.

Maybe a local expert on here can throw more light on that, but I'm just repeating what they said.

I suppose they're more referring towards hacking though, but nonetheless, it's all rather uncomfortable.

Lucan Top Tip

Always cover the camera on your phone with black tape when having a tubegalore w4nk.

(No subject) on 20:05 - Feb 20 with 4352 viewsjeera

(No subject) on 20:04 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Lucan Top Tip

Always cover the camera on your phone with black tape when having a tubegalore w4nk.

I really need to unsee that.

(No subject) on 20:12 - Feb 20 with 4297 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 20:05 - Feb 20 by jeera

I really need to unsee that.

Lucan's post or the video of him having a tommy tank?

(No subject) on 20:14 - Feb 20 with 4294 viewsJ2BLUE

(No subject) on 20:12 - Feb 20 by footers

Lucan's post or the video of him having a tommy tank?

Alexa then asking "Lucan, did you enjoy your hand relief? Would you like me to order Kleenex and hand lotion?"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"The Man" is watching me - and you on 20:26 - Feb 20 with 4221 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Is your phone in selfie mode?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

(No subject) on 20:27 - Feb 20 with 4211 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) on 20:04 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Lucan Top Tip

Have the adverts for industrial strength gaffer tape appeared yet?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024