Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can any of you believe in Shambert? 18:57 - Feb 22 with 23105 viewsBluefish

3 transfer windows
The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history
Limped to relegation with no fight at all
No clear style
Too often hoof ball
Ridiculous rotation
Odd treatment of players
Limping to 7th-10th in division 3
Failure to beat teams towards the top

There are no positives to him apart from pr stunts

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 18:58 - Feb 22 with 7247 viewshamburger_sv

Paul Lambot, strong and stable

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:02 - Feb 22 with 7208 viewsRobTheMonk

Scary when you read that and realise that he managed to wangle a 5 year contract...
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:14 - Feb 22 with 7166 viewsHARRY10

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:02 - Feb 22 by RobTheMonk

Scary when you read that and realise that he managed to wangle a 5 year contract...

Hev probably pointed out to Evans just how bad things were at the club and wasn't going to turn things round overnight - neither should his contract be based on that.

We have been in a slow decline since we were relegated feom the PL. Yes there were the odd sparks but the overall picture was downward. Who is to be blame is a moot point.

But as an example we have not produced a decent keeper in 15 years.What happened to that aim of having 50% of the squad come from the youth system - and that was in the Champiionship ?

The problem lies as much with some fans expectations (delusions). Get in the right manager and we would be back gto our rightful place (PL?).

I think Lambert pushing to get the place cleaned up was an indication of both his view of us and Evans neglect over the years. It's going to take a lot longer than many imagine to turn things around. We didn't get relegated last season by the dint of a bad season, or run of bad luck. The club is just about ticking over, it will take time to clear out past habits and poor working procedures.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 7140 viewskizaitfc

The weekly wage bill that is inflated by the likes of Skuse and Chambers

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:17 - Feb 22 with 7135 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:02 - Feb 22 by RobTheMonk

there must be something else behind that which we don't know about. Or a get out clause like if no promotion this season he leaves by mutual agreement
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:17 - Feb 22 with 7130 viewsSwailsey

He clearly cares, but fans aside, he has been a disaster.

I feel lower than I did when we were RELEGATED.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:21]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:19 - Feb 22 with 7097 viewsBlueNode

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:14 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

Hev probably pointed out to Evans just how bad things were at the club and wasn't going to turn things round overnight - neither should his contract be based on that.

We have been in a slow decline since we were relegated feom the PL. Yes there were the odd sparks but the overall picture was downward. Who is to be blame is a moot point.

But as an example we have not produced a decent keeper in 15 years.What happened to that aim of having 50% of the squad come from the youth system - and that was in the Champiionship ?

The problem lies as much with some fans expectations (delusions). Get in the right manager and we would be back gto our rightful place (PL?).

I think Lambert pushing to get the place cleaned up was an indication of both his view of us and Evans neglect over the years. It's going to take a lot longer than many imagine to turn things around. We didn't get relegated last season by the dint of a bad season, or run of bad luck. The club is just about ticking over, it will take time to clear out past habits and poor working procedures.

Thats all well and good... but I have seen no sign that Lambert is remotely capable of achieving any of those goals.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:19 - Feb 22 with 7095 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:17 - Feb 22 by Swailsey

He clearly cares, but fans aside, he has been a disaster.

I feel lower than I did when we were RELEGATED.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2020 19:21]

despite me coming from Diss we are definitly not related, honest xx
Login to get fewer ads

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:20 - Feb 22 with 7077 viewsnshearman1

Totally agree with this. The only consistent element in all this has been Evans, mistake after mistake after mistake.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:21 - Feb 22 with 7070 viewshamburger_sv

He may wish to improve the club, but he is absolutely incompetent, and his incompetence is causing our club to sink even further. If he truly cares about the club, he should recognise that he is not the right manager for this job due to his incompetence and resign.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:21 - Feb 22 with 7065 viewsSwailsey

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:19 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

despite me coming from Diss we are definitly not related, honest xx

Haha thanks! Edited.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:25 - Feb 22 with 7026 viewsLeoMuff

I have minimal faith in him, but no point changing things now, may as well sit back and see if we scrape the play offs and if so he will no doubt be in charge in season.

Anything outside play offs he should go, especially considering the start we made and our form since.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:26 - Feb 22 with 7009 viewsHARRY10

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:17 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

there must be something else behind that which we don't know about. Or a get out clause like if no promotion this season he leaves by mutual agreement

eh ?

A five year contract would suggest the complete opposite ie judged over 5 years not one.

As to what he can or will do much of that is determined by the contracts player's have. We can only be certain that he has control of those out of contract in the summer. There are not many who will take on a player's contract in this division, never mind offering a fee.

None of us can know what progress is being made of we only judge the club (not team, but club) by the league table.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:30 - Feb 22 with 6978 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I hold minimal faith he is the right man for the football club.

But he won’t go before the end of the season, and quite possibly not in the summer, as I don’t believe his contract has a trigger in it for failing to reach the play offs.

The reality is seemingly likely he will be here for the foreseeable future, at least next year as I don’t believe Marcus Evans will pay up the contract.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:34 - Feb 22 with 6941 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:26 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

eh ?

A five year contract would suggest the complete opposite ie judged over 5 years not one.

As to what he can or will do much of that is determined by the contracts player's have. We can only be certain that he has control of those out of contract in the summer. There are not many who will take on a player's contract in this division, never mind offering a fee.

None of us can know what progress is being made of we only judge the club (not team, but club) by the league table.

like I said, we may not know all the clauses that might have been written in. Evans is a business man who wouldnt underwrite a high risk longterm contract without getouts

(i suppose it's possible he' stupider than I had him down for and would though!)
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:34 - Feb 22 with 6927 viewsWickets

The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history ? Is that true ?
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:36 - Feb 22 with 6903 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:34 - Feb 22 by Wickets

The most expensive weekly wage bill in our history ? Is that true ?

cannot be.

promotion year Sereni & Mr Showboat
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:38 - Feb 22 with 6848 viewsWickets

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:36 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

cannot be.

And 40% wage reduction upon relegation .
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:39 - Feb 22 with 6849 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:36 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

cannot be.

Quaner was on more than both of them

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 with 6830 viewsHARRY10

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:30 - Feb 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

I hold minimal faith he is the right man for the football club.

But he won’t go before the end of the season, and quite possibly not in the summer, as I don’t believe his contract has a trigger in it for failing to reach the play offs.

The reality is seemingly likely he will be here for the foreseeable future, at least next year as I don’t believe Marcus Evans will pay up the contract.

Nor would he have agreed such a clause, as what point would the 5 years be ?

He's in for the long haul - which is pretty much how long it will take to turn around the squad, continue to get the youth set up working well.

The structure is there. Another 18,000 home fans, which would be a good attendance in the Championship - and favourable with one or two in the PL.

I believe he is the right man. Someone who has had experience at a number of PL clubs and knows how things should work.

With Clegg and Milne we were never going to succeed. We need the club ran by football types not bean counters or yes men.

It will come good ....eventually.
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 with 6815 viewsdissboy2

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:39 - Feb 22 by Bluefish

Quaner was on more than both of them

what was he on?
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:42 - Feb 22 with 6806 viewsBrixtonBlue

One of the few sensible posts on here.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:45 - Feb 22 with 6782 viewsBluefish

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 by dissboy2

what was he on?

Around 22k but possibly more

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:45 - Feb 22 with 6769 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:41 - Feb 22 by HARRY10

Nor would he have agreed such a clause, as what point would the 5 years be ?

He's in for the long haul - which is pretty much how long it will take to turn around the squad, continue to get the youth set up working well.

The structure is there. Another 18,000 home fans, which would be a good attendance in the Championship - and favourable with one or two in the PL.

I believe he is the right man. Someone who has had experience at a number of PL clubs and knows how things should work.

With Clegg and Milne we were never going to succeed. We need the club ran by football types not bean counters or yes men.

It will come good ....eventually.

Not sure what you've seen makes him the right man. Quite telling that fans of previous club's he's managed don't rate him at all. 4 wins in 22 is a dreadful record
How can any of you believe in Shambert? on 19:46 - Feb 22 with 6767 viewsdissboy2

but we also need someone who knows how to coach plus set up a team on match day with change of plan in mind if things arent working by ht don't you think?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024