Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers are bad I know but don’t let them tell you how wonderful 19:14 - Feb 22 with 672 viewsFtnfwest

Rugby players are. Just has 80 minutes of Alun Whinge Jones moaning at the officials. Although no doubt he’ll get away with it and it’s all Owen Farrells fault or something.
Footballers are bad I know but don’t let them tell you how wonderful on 15:58 - Feb 24 with 533 viewsMercian

Rugby players are gentlemen not overpaid primadonnas like footballers, an argument I hate and cringe at when I hear it on 5live or Talksport over and over again. "Hello old chap, have some of this" as he punches his opponent in the scrum, an act if carried out by a footballer would be met with a 6 month ban.
Footballers are bad I know but don’t let them tell you how wonderful on 16:18 - Feb 24 with 496 viewsRadlett_blue

Footballers are bad I know but don’t let them tell you how wonderful on 15:58 - Feb 24 by Mercian

Rugby players are gentlemen not overpaid primadonnas like footballers, an argument I hate and cringe at when I hear it on 5live or Talksport over and over again. "Hello old chap, have some of this" as he punches his opponent in the scrum, an act if carried out by a footballer would be met with a 6 month ban.

Indeed. And while the blatant thuggery is much reduced largely because of the presence of TV cameras and citing, the stretching or ignoring of the laws in the attempt to gain any advantage is unsurprisingly similar to football. Dissent is reduced, though, because rugby is a territorial game & the ten-yard penalty for backchat is meaningful.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024