Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What gets me about Jackson 00:12 - Feb 23 with 1089 viewsGarv

Not the sending off necessarily, though it seemed petulant which he is sometimes.

But on 73 minutes we're attacking down the right and he's shielding the ball near the corner flag, the defender stands him up and he falls over trying to buy a foul which the referee correctly waives away, and the attack comes to nothing. He's not the only one that does it, but it's scary how often we have to buy fouls to distract from our inadequacies. Nolan does it too. Shows a massive lack of confidence and I think it's a way of letting the opposition know you're not up for the fight.

Toothless second half. Keane was nowhere near the level he set against Burton, but I thought he got a rough ride from the North Stand to be honest. They defended well, and we never looked like breaking them down. Some half decent crosses went into the box from the likes of Judge, Garbutt and Earl, which no one really looked like getting onto, I feel Norwood was a big miss today in that sense.

Suddenly massively short up front, still short at full back (Edwards again not covering himself in glory in the build up to the goal) and wide midfield also. I'm not saying recruiting in January would have guaranteed promotion, but it was a chance to make sure our season didn't fizzle out if the squad got stretched, which it could.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What gets me about Jackson on 03:04 - Feb 23 with 977 viewsitfcbam

Trouble is to strengthen, we would have had to sell to buy. Today the abuse Keane got wasnt good. was in coop upper and from kick off the 5 behind me moaned constantly the whole game. So much that my 10 year old daughter and her mate were almost put off coming back. Trying to explain to them why people that supposedly want us to win constantly slag off players. Sorry but at least for the 90 mins we should be supporting the players vocally, they arent going to play better or with any confidence if we are on their back.
Now with Jackson out we need him!
What gets me about Jackson on 03:52 - Feb 23 with 944 viewsjas0999

What gets me about Jackson on 03:04 - Feb 23 by itfcbam

Trouble is to strengthen, we would have had to sell to buy. Today the abuse Keane got wasnt good. was in coop upper and from kick off the 5 behind me moaned constantly the whole game. So much that my 10 year old daughter and her mate were almost put off coming back. Trying to explain to them why people that supposedly want us to win constantly slag off players. Sorry but at least for the 90 mins we should be supporting the players vocally, they arent going to play better or with any confidence if we are on their back.
Now with Jackson out we need him!

Didn’t we sell Bart?
What gets me about Jackson on 04:34 - Feb 23 with 927 viewstextbackup

this came up with us too, hes of that type of player that wont battle and scrap for the ball until the death, he'd rather fall over in the hope the ref buys it. utterly pointless tactic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024