Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? 08:13 - Feb 23 with 1285 viewsDubtractor

Just watching MOTD and having seen the Chelsea v Spurs, Leicester v City and Burnley v Bournemouth games I'm almost getting angry watching games I have no investment in at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 08:17 - Feb 23 with 1266 viewsFtnfwest

It’s just the on field officials that used to ruin games have become people sitting in rooms watching tv ruining games
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 08:22 - Feb 23 with 1257 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Burnley game was especially bad.

Dyche didn't do himself any favours saying that a shoulder equals handball!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 08:41 - Feb 23 with 1202 viewsChrisd

VAR is still operated by humans, so decisions like yesterday are still subjective. What makes it worse is that they have a reply and still come to the wrong conclusion. The Leicester City vs Man City penalty debate, if City's was a penalty then De Bruyne's handball from Leicester's free kick was clear cut. It's becoming ridiculous.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 08:48 - Feb 23 with 1178 viewsmanchego

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 08:22 - Feb 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

The Burnley game was especially bad.

Dyche didn't do himself any favours saying that a shoulder equals handball!!

When managers don't know the rules it's a problem.
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 09:13 - Feb 23 with 1115 viewsHerbivore

It's ridiculous. All that happens now is crap refs make bad decisions away from the game whilst holding it up for minutes at a time. Goal line technology is a good thing, but VAR as it is at the moment is a waste of time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 09:14 - Feb 23 with 1112 viewsITFC_Forever

And the FA and Mike Riley are too arrogant to admit there’s anything wrong with something they introduced.

I was against it from the start, and incredibly, it’s proving to be even worse than expected.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:25 - Feb 23 with 1033 viewsPecker

You shouldn't watch match of the day. It only shows you how footballers play football and remind you of how far we have fallen. It wasn't that long ago we were on a par with the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth and Burnley.
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 1027 viewspointofblue

I’m sure VAR has got a better reception abroad. Maybe the real issue is there aren’t enough competent officials to operate it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:32 - Feb 23 with 1019 viewsSwansea_Blue

Humans remain the problem, rather than the technology. Maybe robotic refs are the answer!

They make video work well in rugby, but maybe the more ambiguous rules and poor refereeing standard in football means they’ll never get VAR to work well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1008 viewstractorboy1978

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:32 - Feb 23 by Swansea_Blue

Humans remain the problem, rather than the technology. Maybe robotic refs are the answer!

They make video work well in rugby, but maybe the more ambiguous rules and poor refereeing standard in football means they’ll never get VAR to work well.

The Lo Celso challenge is just a blatant red card. They looked at it for about 2-3 minutes from various angles when it was clear on first viewing. They then made the wrong decision and post game admit they got it wrong. We really have no hope if that is the level of incompetence we are dealing with.
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:40 - Feb 23 with 1002 viewsPecker

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:32 - Feb 23 by Swansea_Blue

They don't use VAR in rugby for ever little thing, they let the ref, ref. Using it for everything the ref hasn't got the balls to call isn't how it is meant to be used.
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:52 - Feb 23 with 982 viewsazuremerlangus

Yes, but it is a season-long trial.

I like the objectiveness (via similar goal-line technology) of the off-side decisions but not how it gets implemented.

All the other decisions are subjective (albeit by experts) which is clearly causing more argument than it appears to resolve.

Football is becoming boringly "correct and fair' whilst the excitement is getting left behind by VAR in it present form of use.

Come the end of the season they need to get these issues sorted otherwise it will have to be binned.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:55 - Feb 23 with 973 viewstractorboy1978

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:52 - Feb 23 by azuremerlangus

Yes, but it is a season-long trial.

I like the objectiveness (via similar goal-line technology) of the off-side decisions but not how it gets implemented.

All the other decisions are subjective (albeit by experts) which is clearly causing more argument than it appears to resolve.

Football is becoming boringly "correct and fair' whilst the excitement is getting left behind by VAR in it present form of use.

Come the end of the season they need to get these issues sorted otherwise it will have to be binned.

The biggest issue with it is that has been far from "correct or fair".
VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 961 viewsazuremerlangus

VAR is bloody awful isn't it? on 10:55 - Feb 23 by tractorboy1978

The biggest issue with it is that has been far from "correct or fair".

I think it is trying to be more correct and fairer than before - due to the subjectiveness of some of the decisions it doesn't always appear that way. The bigger problem is how the "Clear and obvious error" part is decided initially - more like clear as mud!

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024