Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick would have kept us up 08:29 - Feb 24 with 3379 viewsr2d2

He always found players from somewhere who could do a job. It wasnt pretty, but he played to our strengths. With no money what was he meant to do? How anyone can think going down was a good idea, as some did, l still cant work out. He got abuse he really didnt deserve and when he gave it back, some cried like big girls blouses.
Now, here we are. Good isnt it? I hope those who did the screaming are enjoying it. Queue all the wallys and their, nobody would be going if we were still watching that! Well, we would still be getting around 14,000 if he was here and we were in the championship. We will be lucky if we are getting that anyway next season if we are still in this league. Which looks highly likely now.
Mick would have kept us up on 08:34 - Feb 24 with 2820 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is gone....Move on.

I am a Mick fan, I always have been, he is a good manager. But, I don't believe that anybody can really think him staying on was the right thing?

I didn't like the toxicity of it all, but it was the right decision for Mick to move on, we just appointed the wrong man afterwards.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 8:35]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mick would have kept us up on 08:37 - Feb 24 with 2803 viewsHarry_Palmer

Do we really have to do this again? It was time for Mick to go, it had run it's course and was best for both parties. Just because Evans subsequently appointed two terrible Managers post Mick, does not mean it was wrong for him to go.

Very few people think that Mick didn't do a good job, but for what its worth I think he would eventually have struggled to keep us up with the chronic underfunding and lack of direction from his boss. The decline was inevitable.
Mick would have kept us up on 08:37 - Feb 24 with 2805 viewsLord_Lucan

Mick was going nowhere and the football was horrific.

We rolled the dice and as yet it certainly hasn't worked.

But we had no real option other than to roll the dice.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mick would have kept us up on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 2790 viewsTonytown

Mick would have kept us up on 08:34 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is gone....Move on.

I am a Mick fan, I always have been, he is a good manager. But, I don't believe that anybody can really think him staying on was the right thing?

I didn't like the toxicity of it all, but it was the right decision for Mick to move on, we just appointed the wrong man afterwards.

And it looks like the one after wasn’t a good appointment either.
Mick would have kept us up on 08:40 - Feb 24 with 2775 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mick would have kept us up on 08:38 - Feb 24 by Tonytown

And it looks like the one after wasn’t a good appointment either.

Correct, but what do you expect with that moron in charge of the football club

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mick would have kept us up on 08:41 - Feb 24 with 2756 viewsIpswichKnight

Mick would have kept us up on 08:37 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly, Mick had us standing still, when you stand still eventually everyone overtakes you, we would have ended up being dragged down into relegation fights even if he had staid. We rolled the dice with Hurst and it came up snake eyes!
Mick would have kept us up on 08:41 - Feb 24 with 2747 viewsTonytown

Mick would have kept us up on 08:40 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Correct, but what do you expect with that moron in charge of the football club

A succession of bad managers and continued decline it appears.

God knows what will happen when the gates fall to 15k or less.
Mick would have kept us up on 08:42 - Feb 24 with 2742 viewsr2d2

I said. He played to his strengths. The football wasnt great, but he worked with what he had. He had no funds. To be honest, watching it this season the football hasnt been much better.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick would have kept us up on 08:44 - Feb 24 with 2728 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 08:41 - Feb 24 by IpswichKnight

Exactly, Mick had us standing still, when you stand still eventually everyone overtakes you, we would have ended up being dragged down into relegation fights even if he had staid. We rolled the dice with Hurst and it came up snake eyes!

Least we were standing still. The only place we have gone since is backwards. Or hadnt you noticed?
Mick would have kept us up on 08:47 - Feb 24 with 2707 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mick would have kept us up on 08:44 - Feb 24 by r2d2

Least we were standing still. The only place we have gone since is backwards. Or hadnt you noticed?

All you had to do, was go to a match day under Mick and that was enough to realise why he had to go.

MOVE ON

Mick would have kept us up on 08:59 - Feb 24 with 2667 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mick’s time was up. He wouldn’t have relegated us last year but the crowds would have dropped each year and our decline would have just been slower.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mick would have kept us up on 09:11 - Feb 24 with 2591 viewsfooters

Not long to go on his ROI contract. Just sayin'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Mick would have kept us up on 09:19 - Feb 24 with 2572 viewsGuthrum

Especially once the very public falling out with some of the fans had happened. Extremely difficult to come back from something like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mick would have kept us up on 09:26 - Feb 24 with 2565 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 08:47 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

All you had to do, was go to a match day under Mick and that was enough to realise why he had to go.

MOVE ON

I was there. It wasnt great. He had no money, what was he supposed to do? He worked miracles with what he had at his disposal. Saying it was time to go makes a lot of sense when you see the dramatic decline since.
Mick would have kept us up on 09:31 - Feb 24 with 2539 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 08:59 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Mick’s time was up. He wouldn’t have relegated us last year but the crowds would have dropped each year and our decline would have just been slower.

The crowds will drop next season. And at least the club had the 9 million TV revenue. With that missing Evans will be tighter than he was in the championship. The club will continue to slide. Mick plugged that gap. People seem to be brain washed into thinking this is better.
Mick would have kept us up on 09:33 - Feb 24 with 2526 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Mick would have kept us up on 09:26 - Feb 24 by r2d2

I was there. It wasnt great. He had no money, what was he supposed to do? He worked miracles with what he had at his disposal. Saying it was time to go makes a lot of sense when you see the dramatic decline since.

Nobody is saying he’s a bad manager? We were going nowhere, he had to go.

We are worse now but that doesn’t mean it was the wrong decision imo

Mick would have kept us up on 09:43 - Feb 24 with 2508 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 09:33 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Nobody is saying he’s a bad manager? We were going nowhere, he had to go.

We are worse now but that doesn’t mean it was the wrong decision imo

We were a stable championship club. We have only gone backwards since. You just said its worse now. How is it not the wrong decision? You are happy to see us struggling in league 1 then? Lets face it, the football is no better. And the standard of players we have are much worse.
Mick would have kept us up on 09:47 - Feb 24 with 2476 viewslazyblue

The time was right for MM to go however I was a MM supporter and the respect he had throughout the club will from staff , youth players etc was immense.

Like you though I will never understand why so many fans thought relegation and a tour of league 1 would ever be a good idea!
Mick would have kept us up on 09:49 - Feb 24 with 2464 viewslondontractorboy57

Mick would have kept us up on 08:34 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

He is gone....Move on.

The Toxicity is about to return believe you me thats the nature of modern day fans fuelled by social media.
Mick would have kept us up on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 2457 viewslondontractorboy57

Mick would have kept us up on 08:41 - Feb 24 by Tonytown

A succession of bad managers and continued decline it appears.

God knows what will happen when the gates fall to 15k or less.

We will get home quicker.
Mick would have kept us up on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 2451 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick would have kept us up on 09:43 - Feb 24 by r2d2

We were a stable championship club. We have only gone backwards since. You just said its worse now. How is it not the wrong decision? You are happy to see us struggling in league 1 then? Lets face it, the football is no better. And the standard of players we have are much worse.

It was time for Mick to go but this doesn't excuse the behaviour of some of our fans towards him.

He'd already said he was leaving at the end of the season and was still getting dogs abuse until he decided enough was enough. For our fan base to not to take any responsibility for their behaviour and now blame Evans as the easy target is frankly cringeworthy.

Waghorn happy to work with Mick (and move family down to the area) whilst knowing from day 1 that he couldn't work with Hurst is telling also.

See also, Garner (not family though).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick would have kept us up on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 2436 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 09:52 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

It was time for Mick to go but this doesn't excuse the behaviour of some of our fans towards him.

He'd already said he was leaving at the end of the season and was still getting dogs abuse until he decided enough was enough. For our fan base to not to take any responsibility for their behaviour and now blame Evans as the easy target is frankly cringeworthy.

Waghorn happy to work with Mick (and move family down to the area) whilst knowing from day 1 that he couldn't work with Hurst is telling also.

See also, Garner (not family though).

Yes the Waghorn thing especially. He was really happy here. Even his parents were moving down here l heard. That changed over night.
Mick would have kept us up on 10:24 - Feb 24 with 2397 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 09:51 - Feb 24 by londontractorboy57

We will get home quicker.

Thats true. And there will be more spaces to park.
Mick would have kept us up on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 2342 viewsbraveblue

Move on. Man up.
Mick would have kept us up on 11:58 - Feb 24 with 2323 viewsr2d2

Mick would have kept us up on 11:50 - Feb 24 by braveblue

Move on. Man up.

On what do you base your findings?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024