Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer 10:25 - Feb 24 with 662 viewsMetal_Hacker

What does Evans actually get out of owning a football club other than some perceived symbolic status ?

Ok so it's two questions....

Is there more to this ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:31 - Feb 24 with 646 viewsSikamikanico

Absolutely nothing at the moment.

He bought us when it was feasible that promotion to the premiership could be achieved. With that the vast uplift in revenue could have meant he would have gained financially.

Due to mismanagement that did not materialise and we stagnated for years eventually resulting in relegation.

For him to leave there needs to be a buyer. However I don't think it's unreasonable for Evans to want what he would consider a fair price for the club. He undoubtedly knows he. Would have to write off some of the connected party loans to facilitate this.
Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:44 - Feb 24 with 614 viewsWeWereZombies

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:31 - Feb 24 by Sikamikanico

Absolutely nothing at the moment.

He bought us when it was feasible that promotion to the premiership could be achieved. With that the vast uplift in revenue could have meant he would have gained financially.

Due to mismanagement that did not materialise and we stagnated for years eventually resulting in relegation.

For him to leave there needs to be a buyer. However I don't think it's unreasonable for Evans to want what he would consider a fair price for the club. He undoubtedly knows he. Would have to write off some of the connected party loans to facilitate this.

Although to say all of that with certainty you would have to be Marcus Evans.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:45 - Feb 24 with 612 viewsCrayonKing

The only thing I can think of is that it allows him to move in “footballing circles” which may have some benefits to the ticket touting, sorry hospitality, side of his business.

In reality I think he just took a punt which didn’t work out and now he’s lumbered with us, and us with him!
Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:48 - Feb 24 with 599 viewsDeano69

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:45 - Feb 24 by CrayonKing

The only thing I can think of is that it allows him to move in “footballing circles” which may have some benefits to the ticket touting, sorry hospitality, side of his business.

In reality I think he just took a punt which didn’t work out and now he’s lumbered with us, and us with him!

Like an ugly marriage of convenience, staying together for the sake of the kids, who are also fed up with it all...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 575 viewsMetal_Hacker

Simple Question and Looking for a Simple Answer on 10:45 - Feb 24 by CrayonKing

I think this is the long and short of it to be honest

He's gonna have to swallow a few quid to get rid of this noose though...fingers crossed

I still maintain it's not necessarily the "lack of investment" that's hampered us along the way , it's the total lack of coherent due diligence , sound footballing decisions and above all else having some bl00dy concise infrastructure in place that makes actual sense

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024