Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would take it on ?? 10:29 - Feb 24 with 1031 viewstractorboy2421

If there was a god & COCO THE CLOWN actually left or got fired.... Who would want the job ?? Who would actually look at us & think " I could do something good there" is ok saying names that we should have ... But would they want to come to us in our present state ??... I love this club dearly, but am really worried about us.
SAD TIMES
Who would take it on ?? on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 1019 viewspointofblue

Nigel Adkins.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Who would take it on ?? on 10:30 - Feb 24 with 1025 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There will be plenty of takers, not big names though.

Even in the state we are in, there aren't many jobs around for managers.

I'd go got someone young and progressive. Just because we appointed the wrong man in Hurst, shouldn't mean that route is forever ruled out.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Who would take it on ?? on 10:35 - Feb 24 with 1000 viewsr2d2

Warnock. He says he is retiring at the end of the season. But he really likes Town. If the chance came along he would do a few seasons. Enough to establish us back in the championship, so Evans had time to actually find the next and right fit for the club.
Who would take it on ?? on 10:41 - Feb 24 with 977 viewsMrTown

Who would take it on ?? on 10:30 - Feb 24 by pointofblue

Nigel Adkins.

Adkins or McGreal

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Who would take it on ?? on 10:47 - Feb 24 with 963 viewsChrisd

You've got to have that worry in the back of your head being a manager and looking at the high turnover of managers we've had in 'recent' seasons. I'd be wary that it's not just inexperienced managers that have failed. It's still a very exciting opportunity for someone out there because if they can get it right it's a club with huge potential. Unfortunately, I don't see things changing much until ME goes, that's where the root of our problem is.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 12:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I still firmly believe that appointing Hurst was the right idea.... on 10:51 - Feb 24 with 950 viewsBloots

....just the wrong person.

Which has to go down as another mistake from Evans by not doing the due diligence around how Hurst would react to senior players.

So on the basis that a younger progressive manager is still the right option, and add in a bit of due diligence around character, coupled with the fact that the "senior" players are naturally coming to the end of their playing careers, then I'm going put my neck on the line and say.....

...Richie Wellens is the man.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Who would take it on ?? on 11:05 - Feb 24 with 914 viewsskyblue23

Jim Magilton.

People say he's not been in management for a while yet he's very high up in the Northern Irish FA, also touted as a future manager for them. He loves the club and the fans love him. If Evans wants somebody to get the fans on side and somebody who knows what it means to play for Ipswich Town rather than Dortmund then he's the man.

He's still very much involved in football and if he's being thought of for the Northern Ireland job in the future he's good enough for League 1.

Only issue is Evans probably wouldn't take him back.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Who would take it on ?? on 11:17 - Feb 24 with 902 viewsclive_baker

We need someone who can work with the young players we have here and nurture them into the team. We've got some talented kids with good technical ability, but we need a manager to install the belief, a coherent system, discipline and fluidity to our play. We rightly moan about Evans, but I can't see him changing his approach any time soon so we are where we are in that respect. We need a manager who will bring the likes of Nydam, Morris, El Mizouni, Dobra, Dozzell, Bishop, Lankester through and develop them into better players, mentally and technically. A manager with the tactical nous to up skill what we have. Even if we lost 1 or both of Woolfy & Downes, we have some promising young players here and I would love to see a manager who can help improve them. Add those to a more senior core (albeit some still young themselves) of Holy, KVY, Jackson, Nolan, plus Norwood and Sears, and you have the foundations of a squad. I think the time has probably come to move some of the old guard on and have a bit of a fresh start. I'll always defend to contributions of Chambers & Skuse on and off the pitch in their time here but I think sometimes it's healthy to be seen to hit reset, and moving those on will be part of that. We'll certainly need to add some experience, some leaders both at the back and in the middle, and Evans will need to fund that with some of the Downes proceeds, who is almost certainly off.

I'm not calling for George Burley (although I wouldn't be adverse to it to be fair), but he was exactly that as a manager at the time we got him. A tracksuit manager and one who loved nothing more than getting onto the training ground and imparting his advice and experience, particularly with younger players. Someone of that ilk for me.

I worry that ME has had his fingers burned with Hurst, that was his 'up and coming' and post Lambert would just default to another has-been (or has never really been) but for me I would like to see someone on their way up, a more cerebral and technical manager (and with man management abilities, unlike Hurst).

Probably too soon for someone like Ian Evatt but how about someone like David Artell at Crewe. Bright guy away from the pitch, but no pushover. Evidently got his squad 100% committed to the cause, the number of times they've come from behind suggests there's a real belief there that we seemingly lack here. As well as that hard to beat resilience, they also play attacking football and score goals. We seem to lack b0llocks, and lack that bit of desire and will to win, it all looks to comfortable at the moment for me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Who would take it on ?? on 11:23 - Feb 24 with 886 viewsIpswichKnight

I'd enjoy Warnock for several reasons, he would get us promoted, he would chuck out a lot of the dross that makes up our bloated squad and the LoLz for him having to put up with the referee's at this level every week!

If not him Chris Houghton is free and is far to good to be left sitting in the sky studio.
Who would take it on ?? on 11:34 - Feb 24 with 860 views66notout

Who would take it on ?? on 11:23 - Feb 24 by IpswichKnight

I'd enjoy Warnock for several reasons, he would get us promoted, he would chuck out a lot of the dross that makes up our bloated squad and the LoLz for him having to put up with the referee's at this level every week!

If not him Chris Houghton is free and is far to good to be left sitting in the sky studio.

I think Hughton is far too smart - and nowhere near desperate enough - to be Evans’ latest patsy.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 11:35]
Who would take it on ?? on 12:02 - Feb 24 with 806 viewsr2d2

Who would take it on ?? on 11:05 - Feb 24 by skyblue23

Jim Magilton.

People say he's not been in management for a while yet he's very high up in the Northern Irish FA, also touted as a future manager for them. He loves the club and the fans love him. If Evans wants somebody to get the fans on side and somebody who knows what it means to play for Ipswich Town rather than Dortmund then he's the man.

He's still very much involved in football and if he's being thought of for the Northern Ireland job in the future he's good enough for League 1.

Only issue is Evans probably wouldn't take him back.

Magilton wont come back here while Evans is in charge. In any capacity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024