Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This virus... 17:25 - Feb 25 with 6867 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....anybody booking a holiday this year? Would this count as 'an act of dog' regarding insurance unless the FO bans travel to a particular country?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This virus... on 17:29 - Feb 25 with 3400 viewsPecker

Going to Portugal, Spain and France this year. Hoping they can contain this beast. My insurance covers for any reason for cancellation, but not many would. A quick phone call should let you know.
This virus... on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 3365 viewsbrazil1982

I would think insurance covers this if you are unable to / prevented rather than you dont want to go.
This virus... on 17:42 - Feb 25 with 3347 viewsvapour_trail

This virus... on 17:36 - Feb 25 by brazil1982

I would think insurance covers this if you are unable to / prevented rather than you dont want to go.

I suspect policies being sold going forwards will be less forthcoming.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This virus... on 17:56 - Feb 25 with 3305 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This virus... on 17:42 - Feb 25 by vapour_trail

I suspect policies being sold going forwards will be less forthcoming.

Just seen this....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/25/uk-travellers-scramble-to-change-p
...so looks like FO ban would be required....more generally I was wondering if people are having second thoughts on booking holidays all things considered.

This virus... on 18:07 - Feb 25 with 3278 viewsGlasgowBlue

This virus... on 17:56 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just seen this....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/25/uk-travellers-scramble-to-change-p
...so looks like FO ban would be required....more generally I was wondering if people are having second thoughts on booking holidays all things considered.

Quite opposite. Was looking at taking the kids to Center Parcs around easter but flights to the Balearic's are getting cheaper by the day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This virus... on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 3279 viewsLord_Lucan

Mate of mine was due to go to HK last week and they phoned and offered him a full refund if he didn't want to go.

Funny thing is he went and stayed a couple of nights before going to Thailand - whereupon he got sunstroke and salmonella and ended up in hospital spewing and sh1tting everywhere. Not sure how many days he was in hospital but four or five I reckon, on leaving hospital he realised someone had nicked all his cash (£500)

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This virus... on 18:11 - Feb 25 with 3268 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This virus... on 18:07 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Quite opposite. Was looking at taking the kids to Center Parcs around easter but flights to the Balearic's are getting cheaper by the day.

Like your thinking....was looking at Mallorca in May...definitely worth waiting more last minute though. Aren't the Balearic's always cheaper than Center Parcs though ?

This virus... on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 3242 viewsGlasgowBlue

This virus... on 18:11 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Like your thinking....was looking at Mallorca in May...definitely worth waiting more last minute though. Aren't the Balearic's always cheaper than Center Parcs though ?

Yeah Center Parcs just keeps going up each year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

This virus... on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 3246 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Watching this daily as due to fly out to Rome next tuesday. Unless FCO advise against travel or advise the airlines to suspend flights, will be heading there armed with hand gel.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This virus... on 18:18 - Feb 25 with 3232 viewslowhouseblue

we'll all have had the virus by the summer.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This virus... on 18:18 - Feb 25 with 3233 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve got a couple of nights in Ipswich next week and a night in Banbury too.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This virus... on 18:22 - Feb 25 with 3214 viewsPecker

This virus... on 18:15 - Feb 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

Watching this daily as due to fly out to Rome next tuesday. Unless FCO advise against travel or advise the airlines to suspend flights, will be heading there armed with hand gel.

Take some masks with you. They are selling out in Italy.
This virus... on 18:26 - Feb 25 with 3206 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This virus... on 18:22 - Feb 25 by Pecker

Will gimp masks suffice ?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This virus... on 18:32 - Feb 25 with 3184 viewsRadlett_blue

Most travel insurance products - even quite expensive ones - are near worthless and the only reason to take one out is in case you need expensive medical treatment in the US. Some even have exclusion clauses over epidemics etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This virus... on 18:34 - Feb 25 with 3177 viewsStokieBlue

This virus... on 18:22 - Feb 25 by Pecker

Most experts agree they don't really do that much and the small amount they may do it offset by people not using them properly anyway.

The most effective advice seems to be clean your hands regularly with soap or anti-bac.

SB
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 19:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This virus... on 18:34 - Feb 25 with 3172 viewsTractorWood

Was meant to be going to SE Asia for work in a couple of weeks and I've cancelled it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This virus... on 18:47 - Feb 25 with 3124 viewshampstead_blue

I'm just talking to Mrs H about me and my middle son going away next month.

Grand Canaria. Prices are dirt cheap so I am tempted but......

Summer? We are going to wait for overseas but have already booked a glamping holiday in Dorset.

Later in the year we are looking at Oman but will wait and see what happens. If it gets super cheap but looks like it's under control we may pounce.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This virus... on 18:49 - Feb 25 with 3114 viewsfooters

This virus... on 18:18 - Feb 25 by NewcyBlue

I’ve got a couple of nights in Ipswich next week and a night in Banbury too.

You can catch a lot worse than coronavirus in Ipswich. Be careful.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This virus... on 18:57 - Feb 25 with 3080 viewsAlexwaddell

Check out Turkey, Bodrum peninsula resorts, Kas, Oli Deniz....cheap as chips lovely weather, food, temperature and people...Bitez for a quiet holiday, Gumbet and Bodrum for party party, Yalkavak and Turgetreis for in between...not been to Antalya
But believe its mainly Russians who go there.....and no visa required this year for Brits.

Poll: What was today?

This virus... on 19:03 - Feb 25 with 3061 viewsPecker

This virus... on 18:49 - Feb 25 by footers

You can catch a lot worse than coronavirus in Ipswich. Be careful.

Hi Footers old fruit. Sprucy was about earlier. Didn't stay long. Was hoping for a catch up. Maybe next time.
This virus... on 19:20 - Feb 25 with 3000 viewshampstead_blue

This virus... on 18:11 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

going to the moon is cheaper than Centre Parcs!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This virus... on 19:22 - Feb 25 with 2995 viewsfooters

This virus... on 19:03 - Feb 25 by Pecker

Hi Footers old fruit. Sprucy was about earlier. Didn't stay long. Was hoping for a catch up. Maybe next time.

I'm sure you'll get a chance to catch up soon, mate. We can be a trio of Best Forum Friends.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This virus... on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 2976 viewsPinewoodblue

This virus... on 17:29 - Feb 25 by Pecker

Going to Portugal, Spain and France this year. Hoping they can contain this beast. My insurance covers for any reason for cancellation, but not many would. A quick phone call should let you know.

Presumably anyone booking a holiday going forward, or taking out insurance now on a holiday already booked is taking A chance as the risk of cancellation has risen.

We have our fingers crossed as have cruise booked, from Miami, in a months time. Know we wouldget money back but would prefer the holiday. Flower Power Cruise, not like any other cruise.

Already booked for 2021 same cabin, totally different line up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This virus... on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 2917 viewsAce_High1

From a work perspective I have had to speak to a few colleagues who have booked or are going to SE Asia.

Personally I did think about it, but just arranged to go out to Australia for the T20 Cricket World Cup so hope it all clams down before October!
This virus... on 20:09 - Feb 25 with 2882 viewsFreddy

Safer to stay in the UK
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024