Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration 20:00 - Feb 25 with 2139 viewsElderGrizzly

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:03 - Feb 25 with 2100 viewshamburger_sv

Well the Social Democrats in Denmark have gone the same direction. Bernie Sanders in the US thinks open borders is a capitalist plot to screw over the working class.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 2065 viewsJ2BLUE

She hasn't said anything wrong. Someone on Twitter in desperate to take offence shocker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:23 - Feb 25 with 2049 viewsDarth_Koont

There's a balance there.

Developing skills and paying a fair wage is the way forward. Being accepting of immigration is also the way forward.

Based on the last 10 years, I trust Rayner to know that balance more than I trust anyone in the Conservative party.

Pronouns: He/Him

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:25 - Feb 25 with 2037 viewsWD19

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:23 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

There's a balance there.

Developing skills and paying a fair wage is the way forward. Being accepting of immigration is also the way forward.

Based on the last 10 years, I trust Rayner to know that balance more than I trust anyone in the Conservative party.

What does Lord Steel make of it all do we think?
Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:27 - Feb 25 with 2026 viewsDarth_Koont

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:25 - Feb 25 by WD19

What does Lord Steel make of it all do we think?

Is that what you call your penis?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:31 - Feb 25 with 2007 viewsHARRY10

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:23 - Feb 25 by Darth_Koont

There's a balance there.

I expect there will be a rebuttal from the Tories at some point

Who will claim the cuts to schools, apprenticeships, adult training and nurses bursaries were all down to ....

......it being cheaper to import trained foreign workers than train our own citizens.

In the short term, that is
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 20:38]
Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:34 - Feb 25 with 2001 viewsbrogansnose

Can't see what she's said wrong here. As a nation we have failed the younger generation and have failed to support and encourage them to go into sectors such as the NHS and construction .We have let business go for the cheaper option rather than train and develop people whilst creating an under class on zero hours and minimum wage. There is a distinction between her views and populist rubbish.
Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:49 - Feb 25 with 1956 viewsElderGrizzly

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:19 - Feb 25 by J2BLUE

She hasn't said anything wrong. Someone on Twitter in desperate to take offence shocker.

She has if you read the whole thread. All depends if you voted for Brexit or not or what your view on immigration is I guess.

She appears desperate and at odds with her views of the rest of her career
Login to get fewer ads

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:57 - Feb 25 with 1922 viewsDarth_Koont

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:49 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

She has if you read the whole thread. All depends if you voted for Brexit or not or what your view on immigration is I guess.

She appears desperate and at odds with her views of the rest of her career

I've read the thread.

What's wrong with you?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:22 - Feb 25 with 1867 viewsSwansea_Blue

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:34 - Feb 25 by brogansnose

Can't see what she's said wrong here. As a nation we have failed the younger generation and have failed to support and encourage them to go into sectors such as the NHS and construction .We have let business go for the cheaper option rather than train and develop people whilst creating an under class on zero hours and minimum wage. There is a distinction between her views and populist rubbish.

Much of that has got little to do with open borders though. They aren’t a one way street offering only benefits to immigrants; our youngsters benefit from them too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:36 - Feb 25 with 1816 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:22 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

Much of that has got little to do with open borders though. They aren’t a one way street offering only benefits to immigrants; our youngsters benefit from them too.

The middle and upper class ones do you mean?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:38 - Feb 25 with 1806 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 20:34 - Feb 25 by brogansnose

It's almost like Capitalists will do whatever it takes to keep wage costs suppressed....welcome to Lexit.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 22:42 - Feb 25 with 1698 viewsSwansea_Blue

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:36 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

The middle and upper class ones do you mean?

Nope, anyone. We have kids from all walks of life doing placements in the EU and using Erasmus. I suspect there are fewer middle class these days as we now charge students a fortune, but that’s on domestic policy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 14:53 - Feb 26 with 1545 viewstractordownsouth

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 21:38 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's almost like Capitalists will do whatever it takes to keep wage costs suppressed....welcome to Lexit.

You do know we could have controlled immigration whilst still an EU member? And BoE studies have shown that the wage depression is actually negligable, because many immigrants are employers as well as employees?

http://www.eearegulations.co.uk/CitizensRightsDirective/ByPage/Article_07

As for Rayner's views, I don't see an issue. We do need to structurally change our economy, but the Tories' plans won't actually benefit the NHS or Social Care industry.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Angela Rayner has gone a bit right wing on immigration on 14:59 - Feb 26 with 1536 viewsBigManBlue

Storms and teacups come to mind (the purpose of twitter I suppose). I think for the time being I'd be more worried about the position the actual government is taking on immigration.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024