Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid table championship 08:04 - Feb 26 with 4167 viewslondontractorboy57

2 seasons ago we were a mid table championship club that some fans in their Infinite wisdom decided they didn't like the style of football so they hounded the manager out.
2 seasons later a relegated league 1 team still playing hoof ball that can only beat teams below us.
Where is the benefit in we would be better being relegated?
There's more chance of league 2 than getting back in championship let alone
Premier league.
Welcome back to toxic Portman Rd.
You got what you wished for more like what you deserve.
Mid table championship on 08:12 - Feb 26 with 3473 viewsChrisd

These types of posts are quite pointless. We all know where we've fallen from. It's how we're going to get back there where our energy should be focused on, not on this historical nonsense.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mid table championship on 08:14 - Feb 26 with 3458 viewsartsbossbeard

Mid table championship on 08:12 - Feb 26 by Chrisd

These types of posts are quite pointless. We all know where we've fallen from. It's how we're going to get back there where our energy should be focused on, not on this historical nonsense.

They're only pointless if the fans don't hold their collective hands up and say "yeah, you know what? A lot of this is on us".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mid table championship on 08:18 - Feb 26 with 3426 viewsChrisd

Mid table championship on 08:14 - Feb 26 by artsbossbeard

They're only pointless if the fans don't hold their collective hands up and say "yeah, you know what? A lot of this is on us".

Yes, because that's going to make a huge difference. If we all admit that, will it instantly catapult us back to the Championship? Just wasted, negative energy. Lets keep going over the past and dwell on that. Sounds a terrific idea!

Mid table championship on 08:20 - Feb 26 with 3419 viewsartsbossbeard

Mid table championship on 08:18 - Feb 26 by Chrisd

Yes, because that's going to make a huge difference. If we all admit that, will it instantly catapult us back to the Championship? Just wasted, negative energy. Lets keep going over the past and dwell on that. Sounds a terrific idea!

Well, it's all pretty positive on here without this getting dragged up.

Please feel free to ignore this though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Mid table championship on 08:23 - Feb 26 with 3401 viewsMetal_Hacker

End of a bell

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mid table championship on 08:23 - Feb 26 with 3399 viewsChrisd

Mid table championship on 08:20 - Feb 26 by artsbossbeard

Well, it's all pretty positive on here without this getting dragged up.

Please feel free to ignore this though.

Will do!

Mid table championship on 08:31 - Feb 26 with 3359 viewsFtnfwest

Wanting a better style of football is asking for too much and we deserve League 2 Football as a result? Should have just sat down, shut up and wished for nothing.
Mid table championship on 08:34 - Feb 26 with 3338 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What would you do if stuck in an unhappy relationship?

Or if you were miserable in your job?

Or life in general?

Making a decision to move on from a relationship, job, football manager is fine on its merits. Our issue is what came next.

We are entitled to not be happy with being a boring mid-table side. Fans tolerated being a boring play off side and would have tolerated being an entertaining mid-table side.

But it's not wrong to dream of more. A club that stands around 25th in the all time English table and is essentially, historically a top half Championship team with the odd top flight season is allowed to dream of making a jump of 5 or 6 places to get back there don't you think?

It's not exactly Charlton wanting Curbs out when 7th in the Premier League.

The damage has been made in appointing Hurst and Lambert, not getting rid of Mick.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Mid table championship on 13:21 - Feb 26 with 3178 viewslondontractorboy57

Mid table championship on 08:34 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Or life in general?

Making a decision to move on from a relationship, job, football manager is fine on its merits. Our issue is what came next.

We are entitled to not be happy with being a boring mid-table side. Fans tolerated being a boring play off side and would have tolerated being an entertaining mid-table side.

But it's not wrong to dream of more. A club that stands around 25th in the all time English table and is essentially, historically a top half Championship team with the odd top flight season is allowed to dream of making a jump of 5 or 6 places to get back there don't you think?

The damage has been made in appointing Hurst and Lambert, not getting rid of Mick.

If they hadnt honded mick out you would not of had to make the mistake of Employing Hurst or Lambert.
Mid table championship on 13:34 - Feb 26 with 3133 viewsRonFearonsHair

Mid table championship on 13:21 - Feb 26 by londontractorboy57

If they hadnt honded mick out you would not of had to make the mistake of Employing Hurst or Lambert.

It’s patently obvious that Mick had no interest in a new contract and would have left anyway. To be fair, he played the fans and the media brilliantly over the final six months, as can still be seen today.
Mid table championship on 13:37 - Feb 26 with 3126 viewsSouperJim

Oh do behave. We have to be one of the most tolerant sets of fans in the world. Attributing our current plight to the fans in any significant way is frankly rather silly. Are you actually arguing that we should have been content with 10+ years of mediocrity in the second tier? The only person ultimately responsible for how the club have performed in the face of mild supporter unrest is... Marcus Evans.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mid table championship on 13:44 - Feb 26 with 3115 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ah man, this is becoming a boring repetitive topic. Some fans wanted change, to save themselves from boredom and a mundane cycle every week at Portman Road, some people wanted to roll the dice and see if there was different direction the club could have gone in. Is that terrible as a fan? Not really.

Look, Mick did a great job on a budget here, but its ok for football fans to see if the grass is greener. It didn't work out, we went with a young, up and coming manager who had a great CV but walked into the changing room and dropped a grenade.

I'm not a ranter or raver at games, I don't boo nor shout, however, ultimately Evans and MM got the message that fans wanted MM to leave because they voiced there opinions louder whilst the rest sat in silence or wrote a thread on it.

This is 2 years ago, a club continually moves on after managers. I love now things have gone wrong people come out of the woodwork posting BCWYWF.

We are club, up or down together.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 13:45]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mid table championship on 13:48 - Feb 26 with 3091 viewsrickw

Mid table championship on 13:44 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Ah man, this is becoming a boring repetitive topic. Some fans wanted change, to save themselves from boredom and a mundane cycle every week at Portman Road, some people wanted to roll the dice and see if there was different direction the club could have gone in. Is that terrible as a fan? Not really.

Look, Mick did a great job on a budget here, but its ok for football fans to see if the grass is greener. It didn't work out, we went with a young, up and coming manager who had a great CV but walked into the changing room and dropped a grenade.

I'm not a ranter or raver at games, I don't boo nor shout, however, ultimately Evans and MM got the message that fans wanted MM to leave because they voiced there opinions louder whilst the rest sat in silence or wrote a thread on it.

This is 2 years ago, a club continually moves on after managers. I love now things have gone wrong people come out of the woodwork posting BCWYWF.

I couldn't say it better!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Mid table championship on 13:49 - Feb 26 with 3082 viewsmarchy

Mid table championship on 13:21 - Feb 26 by londontractorboy57

no b/c mick wud of stayed 4ever b/c he loved us so much he wud of turnd down the irland job 2 stay n help us 4ever if we just b nice 2 him
Mid table championship on 13:58 - Feb 26 with 3025 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I've never quite understood this approach on here, that some look for apologies as an effort to prove they were right all along. It is a discussion board where some opinions will be proven right and some will be proven wrong at different times.

It seems a very egotistical approach.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 14:01]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mid table championship on 14:02 - Feb 26 with 3006 viewsartsbossbeard

Mid table championship on 13:37 - Feb 26 by SouperJim

Oh do behave. We have to be one of the most tolerant sets of fans in the world. Attributing our current plight to the fans in any significant way is frankly rather silly. Are you actually arguing that we should have been content with 10+ years of mediocrity in the second tier? The only person ultimately responsible for how the club have performed in the face of mild supporter unrest is... Marcus Evans.

This argument works if we're still in the same division or even promoted to the PL.

It was time for Mick to go, agreed. What is apparent is that Mick could handle both 1st team affairs and DoF type stuff.

Evans trusting PH to do the same was asking for trouble especially when you couple this with losing a couple of big players as they couldn't work with PH and replacing them with, well players we've got now.

Mid table championship on 14:20 - Feb 26 with 2957 views44_not_out

Mid table championship on 13:44 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

Much of what you say is spot on!

However, it would be much more productive if your final sentence is highlighted....
‘We are a club, up or down together’

Sadly the toxicity that is now prevalent within the stadium is having an effect in the players and will ultimately be our downfall. The players were visibly not wanting the ball the longer the game went on against Oxford.

We have 11 games to overhaul 9 points...... it is very doable but needs everyone behind it. We often hear that the crowd can be that ‘12th man’; sadly our ‘12th man’ was no where to be seen in the final 15 minutes on Saturday.

I suppose it too easy for some to just give up!
Mid table championship on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 2938 viewsElephantintheRoom

Idiots like you looking forward to struggling in the second division again rather than taking it for granted?

That's quite a big plus.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mid table championship on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 2899 viewsartsbossbeard

Mid table championship on 13:49 - Feb 26 by marchy

no b/c mick wud of stayed 4ever b/c he loved us so much he wud of turnd down the irland job 2 stay n help us 4ever if we just b nice 2 him

Anyone speak Jive?

Mid table championship on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 2893 viewsSouperJim

Mid table championship on 14:02 - Feb 26 by artsbossbeard

This argument works if we're still in the same division or even promoted to the PL.

It was time for Mick to go, agreed. What is apparent is that Mick could handle both 1st team affairs and DoF type stuff.

Evans trusting PH to do the same was asking for trouble especially when you couple this with losing a couple of big players as they couldn't work with PH and replacing them with, well players we've got now.

I agree completely - the fans didn't appoint Paul Hurst, Evans did. We succeed or fail as a result of his appointments. The fact that he was trying to do what he thought the fans wanted is academic. The fans don't get to interview candidates, do any homework on them and decide whether or not to appoint. Neither are they expected to be competent at doing so, or have the power to appoint someone who is to lead the club in their stead.

It's akin to punching someone in the face for saying "surprise me", then telling them it's their own fault. BCWYWF!

Evans is a crap owner. Deep pockets and he means well, but he's clueless.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mid table championship on 14:43 - Feb 26 with 2868 viewsbraveblue

Yawn. By the way two years ago we had fallen to our worst position in 50 years. So don’t pretend all was good.
Mid table championship on 14:46 - Feb 26 with 2846 viewsPJH

Mid table championship on 14:43 - Feb 26 by braveblue

Yawn. By the way two years ago we had fallen to our worst position in 50 years. So don’t pretend all was good.

No, a lot better but agree not all was good.

That lowest finish thingy has now been "improved" upon twice since.
Mid table championship on 14:49 - Feb 26 with 2835 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Mid table championship on 14:46 - Feb 26 by PJH

No, a lot better but agree not all was good.

That lowest finish thingy has now been "improved" upon twice since.

That's a helpful indicator of recent performance by Evans and the last three managers for you.

The last three seasons (by the time this one is completed) would have seen us to our lowest finish in 50 years in each of them.

If that's not enough for fans to turn on Evans then what is? It's his strategy that has allowed that to be possible and his managerial appointments that have confirmed it as inevitable.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Mid table championship on 16:48 - Feb 26 with 2708 viewsnorfsufblue

Mid table championship on 08:34 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Or life in general?

Absolutely this! Nailed it
Mid table championship on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 2594 viewslondontractorboy57

Mid table championship on 08:12 - Feb 26 by Chrisd

gets people talking though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024