Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? 08:30 - Feb 26 with 1430 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51637265

The last line 'The BBC attempted to contact Duffy to verify her account'.

Surely you either know 100% that it is from her account and entirely true before you post that she was abducted and raped or you wait until you have confirmation. The last line seemed really odd to me.

Why would this be a main story on a national news headline if there was any doubt, even a tiny one, as to its credibility?

Am I misunderstanding that last line?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:32 - Feb 26 with 1389 viewsHerbivore

I found it odd as well. Almost casts doubt on the story.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:35 - Feb 26 with 1369 viewsBluefish

I think you can interpret as the bbc tried to contact Duffy to sensationalise the story

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:37 - Feb 26 with 1356 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:35 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

I think you can interpret as the bbc tried to contact Duffy to sensationalise the story

No. You can't.

They tried to contact her to confirm a pretty sensational story, a well known young singer was kidnapped, held for some time and raped, was definitely true.

I don't see how they are trying to sensationalise it. They are reporting a very serious and pretty incredible thing to have happened to the singer, based on a post they believe she made.

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:41 - Feb 26 with 1332 viewsBluefish

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:37 - Feb 26 by WarkTheWarkITFC

No. You can't.

They tried to contact her to confirm a pretty sensational story, a well known young singer was kidnapped, held for some time and raped, was definitely true.

I don't see how they are trying to sensationalise it. They are reporting a very serious and pretty incredible thing to have happened to the singer, based on a post they believe she made.

Her friends have confirmed and she had asked the media not to contact her. The BBC wanted to run the story for days and bring in her loosest associates to talk about her for days

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:41 - Feb 26 with 1333 viewsitfcjoe

Just the BBC ticking all boxes, they must have changed it since your post as now says "The BBC attempted to contact Duffy to confirm the details of her post."

They've only really posted details of her releasing the statement and saying what it says, which is a story in itself

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:44 - Feb 26 with 1309 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Duffy - Horrendous if true - Is this what the media does now? on 08:41 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

Just the BBC ticking all boxes, they must have changed it since your post as now says "The BBC attempted to contact Duffy to confirm the details of her post."

They've only really posted details of her releasing the statement and saying what it says, which is a story in itself

I was only thinking yesterday about Harry and Meghan and whether they need £20m for security, given that there are huge names like Beckham, Pitt, Clooney, Jolie, Aniston etc known the world over that probably have all the same security risks.

I get that Royals are higher profile but it seems unnecessary. Then you read something like this and think sadly you can't blame them for wanting this level of security if they know someone else will foot the bill.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024