Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause 09:30 - Feb 26 with 1045 viewsgeg1992

In Lambert's contract if we don't make the play-offs!!!!

It's getting embarassing

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:35 - Feb 26 with 1019 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I would suspect not, why would he sign that?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:48 - Feb 26 with 991 viewshomer_123

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:35 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

I would suspect not, why would he sign that?

Maybe because he backs himself?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:51 - Feb 26 with 993 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:48 - Feb 26 by homer_123

I'm sure he does, as every manager would. But they will also be protecting themselves, it is a career, they have families, they would roll the dice with salaries, that is why agents are employed, to maintain level heads in times like this.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:52 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsBlueBadger

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:48 - Feb 26 by homer_123

He's incompetent, not stupid. He knows he's unlikely to get another managers job if(when) he fails here, so he won't have signed up to something like that, is my gut feeling.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 980 viewsclive_baker

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:51 - Feb 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

I'm sure he does, as every manager would. But they will also be protecting themselves, it is a career, they have families, they would roll the dice with salaries, that is why agents are employed, to maintain level heads in times like this.

It's always a trade off though. If he had a year left on his deal anyway, and the new deal was 5 years then that's very attractive. When we were top of the league at the time it was being negotiated it might well have been something he would've looked at and thought the reward and security is greater than the risk. Also, we don't know if such a clause existed in his original contract anyway. I'm sure there will be clauses that allow ME to get out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 17:45 - Feb 26 with 833 viewsbobbyramsey

Please Please Please tell me there's a get out clause on 09:53 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

It's always a trade off though. If he had a year left on his deal anyway, and the new deal was 5 years then that's very attractive. When we were top of the league at the time it was being negotiated it might well have been something he would've looked at and thought the reward and security is greater than the risk. Also, we don't know if such a clause existed in his original contract anyway. I'm sure there will be clauses that allow ME to get out.

This.....

Lambert did not expect to 'fall at the first fence" from the position he was in. Probably thought he was safe even though the clause's existed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024