Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Index 13:40 - Feb 26 with 1387 viewsMaySixth

anyone involved?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Football Index on 13:55 - Feb 26 with 1370 viewsReuser_is_God

I was in the very early days.

Made about 1.2k & took the money, wished I'd have stayed in now as reckon I'd be sitting somewhere close to 10k profit.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football Index on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 1333 viewstomo

Football Index on 13:55 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

I was in the very early days.

Made about 1.2k & took the money, wished I'd have stayed in now as reckon I'd be sitting somewhere close to 10k profit.

Yea I’ve been on it couple of years on a small scale. Turned £100 into £350 so far, do it more for fun and as an alternative to betting. I’ve got mates who have put 10k plus in and are doing very well out of it.
I enjoy it but it was a lot simpler when I started so would suggest doing a good bit of research before putting anything sizeable in.
Football Index on 14:23 - Feb 26 with 1318 viewsMaySixth

Football Index on 14:13 - Feb 26 by tomo

Yea I’ve been on it couple of years on a small scale. Turned £100 into £350 so far, do it more for fun and as an alternative to betting. I’ve got mates who have put 10k plus in and are doing very well out of it.
I enjoy it but it was a lot simpler when I started so would suggest doing a good bit of research before putting anything sizeable in.

Thanks, interesting. my job is statistics/analysis and have access to all the football scouting tools so spotting 17/18 yr old prospects is relatively easy and an enjoyable thing to do to see if they pay off in the long run.
A few of us are thinking of a £70 monthly investment - more for beer money and see what happens over time.
Any general advice?
Approach at moment is to get the next big things in football and invest over the long-term.

Football Index on 14:23 - Feb 26 with 1318 viewsHerbivore

I stuck £50 in a few months ago and have made a bit so far. Definitely a lot more than it would have made in a savings account. Does anyone ever actually lose money on it?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Football Index on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 1268 viewstomo

Football Index on 14:23 - Feb 26 by MaySixth

Thanks, interesting. my job is statistics/analysis and have access to all the football scouting tools so spotting 17/18 yr old prospects is relatively easy and an enjoyable thing to do to see if they pay off in the long run.
A few of us are thinking of a £70 monthly investment - more for beer money and see what happens over time.
Any general advice?
Approach at moment is to get the next big things in football and invest over the long-term.

Look in depth at the scoring matrix they use for performance dividends, it is heavily weighted towards crosses hence the high price of TAA.
Be careful of ‘tips’ lots of people offering these out on twitter, although some are good a lot of them are trying to drive up the prices of their own shares.
Go small at first to learn how the market works before committing a load of cash, sometimes the
price moves can be illogical so patience is key.
Finally, spread it across a few players. Having someone to look out for on most days of the week keeps it interesting for me.

Hope you enjoy it. Me and my mates love it.
Football Index on 15:07 - Feb 26 with 1237 viewsSouperJim

Anybody want to stick up their referral code? I might take a look.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Football Index on 15:10 - Feb 26 with 1227 viewstomo

Football Index on 15:07 - Feb 26 by SouperJim

Anybody want to stick up their referral code? I might take a look.

Here you go...

Your friend Tom B invites you to the Football Index. Open an account using your friend's unique referral code 75838 and you will both get £10 cash reward* each. T&Cs apply.
T&Cs link - https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?tag=75838&name=Tom%20B
Football Index on 15:13 - Feb 26 with 1222 viewsclive_baker

Football Index on 14:23 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

I stuck £50 in a few months ago and have made a bit so far. Definitely a lot more than it would have made in a savings account. Does anyone ever actually lose money on it?

I would imagine a lot of the gains thus far are in part driven by general penetration and an increase in the user base as much as anything else. As the site and concept reaches maturation I think that'll be more difficult to sustain. Personally I would dabble for fun but would feel nervous about putting in serious money. These things can go south just as quickly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Football Index on 15:16 - Feb 26 with 1211 viewsMaySixth

Football Index on 14:51 - Feb 26 by tomo

Look in depth at the scoring matrix they use for performance dividends, it is heavily weighted towards crosses hence the high price of TAA.
Be careful of ‘tips’ lots of people offering these out on twitter, although some are good a lot of them are trying to drive up the prices of their own shares.
Go small at first to learn how the market works before committing a load of cash, sometimes the
price moves can be illogical so patience is key.
Finally, spread it across a few players. Having someone to look out for on most days of the week keeps it interesting for me.

Hope you enjoy it. Me and my mates love it.

Thanks for the tips and referral code Tom
Do you do it as a consortium?

Football Index on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 1209 viewsMaySixth

Football Index on 15:13 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

I would imagine a lot of the gains thus far are in part driven by general penetration and an increase in the user base as much as anything else. As the site and concept reaches maturation I think that'll be more difficult to sustain. Personally I would dabble for fun but would feel nervous about putting in serious money. These things can go south just as quickly.

That's my take.
Use knowledge and data for a bit of beer money rather than go all in

Football Index on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 1190 viewstomo

Football Index on 15:16 - Feb 26 by MaySixth

Thanks for the tips and referral code Tom
Do you do it as a consortium?

No just me and I am small very small fry. There are portfolios on there north of £500k!
Football Index on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 1159 viewsSouperJim

Football Index on 15:10 - Feb 26 by tomo

Here you go...

Your friend Tom B invites you to the Football Index. Open an account using your friend's unique referral code 75838 and you will both get £10 cash reward* each. T&Cs apply.
T&Cs link - https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/raf/?tag=75838&name=Tom%20B

Thanks. Think I might stick £10 in just for fun, I notice Dozzell is the only one of our players on there... any ideas by what rhyme or reason players are included? Woolf and Downes would be easy long-term punts based on our current likelihood of getting out of this division.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Football Index on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 1146 viewsitfcjoe

Football Index on 15:17 - Feb 26 by MaySixth

That's my take.
Use knowledge and data for a bit of beer money rather than go all in

From my limited experience on it, don’t bother going outside the English leagues, try and find people who are playing in EFL either on loan or contracted here, and will likely get a move and buy them

Sell when they get their move and take the money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football Index on 16:33 - Feb 26 with 1075 viewsHerbivore

Football Index on 15:13 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

Yeah, that's why I only stuck £50 in to test the waters. I don't think I'd have the stones to go big to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024