Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point does Lambert get the shove? 18:32 - Feb 26 with 8011 viewsclive_baker

Realistically, while we're in with a shout of the playoffs he isn't going anywhere, but if it becomes mathematically impossible for us to finish inside them, does he go at that point? What if we sneak into 6th and we're dumped out in the semis? Does that buy him another season? I guess it depends to an extent on any clauses that might or might not exist in his contract.

I have an opportunity to do some digging on Tuesday pre match.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:38 - Feb 26 with 6419 viewsitfcjoe

Jim was dumped when mathematically impossible for top 6, so guess that seems the obvious time of it were to happen

I can’t imagine there is a no promotion clause, and if there is one performance related it will be outside the top 6 as only real way to do it contractually

From what I hear there is a break clause for outside top 6 and Evans isn’t planning on triggering it anyway - that may change of fan pressure increases or we crash

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 6412 viewsfooters

Much as I'd like that, all this talk from Lambert and Evans about long-term plans and bringing on the yoof (two of whom we're destined to lose anyway) doesn't bode well for an imminent sacking. Especially with the nuts five-year deal.

Ipswich Town Football Club - Retirement Home.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:46 - Feb 26 with 6404 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is a sense of if he clearly isn't the man for the job we should get rid while there is a chance of getting up.

However, while there is a chance of getting up, is he that clearly not the man for the job?

Once it is no longer possible there is an argument that we could give him the chance to sort it out as anyone else coming in isn't going to get us up either.

It is not good is it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:51 - Feb 26 with 6390 viewsLankHenners

I fear he's here for at least another season. Evans won't want to look daft having given him the fcking contract and making a big deal about how important it is to have stability for a long term project which Lambert will play a big part in. A contract that long must have some sort of clause in it, but I reckon Evans doesn't really want to use it.

He should already be an ex-manager and should definitely go at the end of this season regardless of what happens but oh well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:55 - Feb 26 with 6369 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:38 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

Jim was dumped when mathematically impossible for top 6, so guess that seems the obvious time of it were to happen

I can’t imagine there is a no promotion clause, and if there is one performance related it will be outside the top 6 as only real way to do it contractually

From what I hear there is a break clause for outside top 6 and Evans isn’t planning on triggering it anyway - that may change of fan pressure increases or we crash

I don't think I'll renew if we're in League 1 with Lambert still in charge. I'd be surprised if there aren't plenty of others who feel the same. I imagine that might force ME's hand. I genuinely don't know what Evans is seeing that makes him think Lambert might be the man for a long term project.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:56 - Feb 26 with 6369 viewsclive_baker

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:46 - Feb 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is a sense of if he clearly isn't the man for the job we should get rid while there is a chance of getting up.

However, while there is a chance of getting up, is he that clearly not the man for the job?

Once it is no longer possible there is an argument that we could give him the chance to sort it out as anyone else coming in isn't going to get us up either.

It is not good is it?

Not good at all. There's no way we should be 9th in this division, no way. However you cut it this is failure. Lambert's defence that had we started poorly, and had the form we started with now, we would all be sat here saying what a good season it is is absolute baloney. The fact of the matter is we're 33 games in and we've failed to win 19 of them. We've got a huge 5 games coming up, tough ones too, and really anything less than 12 points is going to make life tough for us. Time to stop the talking and start delivering results on the pitch I'm afraid.

If I were ME I would let Lambert see out this season and make a call after the final game. If we can utilise a clause, I would do it as I can't see that we're progressing under Lambert personally. Not just league position, but style and potency. If no such clause exists then he'll stay put. Evans won't cough up any big pay offs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 19:00 - Feb 26 with 6358 viewsReuser_is_God

Well we’ve already crashed & the whole of the SBRL are united in knowing Lambert is not very good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 19:05 - Feb 26 with 6318 viewsNthsuffolkblue

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:56 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

Not good at all. There's no way we should be 9th in this division, no way. However you cut it this is failure. Lambert's defence that had we started poorly, and had the form we started with now, we would all be sat here saying what a good season it is is absolute baloney. The fact of the matter is we're 33 games in and we've failed to win 19 of them. We've got a huge 5 games coming up, tough ones too, and really anything less than 12 points is going to make life tough for us. Time to stop the talking and start delivering results on the pitch I'm afraid.

If I were ME I would let Lambert see out this season and make a call after the final game. If we can utilise a clause, I would do it as I can't see that we're progressing under Lambert personally. Not just league position, but style and potency. If no such clause exists then he'll stay put. Evans won't cough up any big pay offs.

The last paragraph is the key. We really don't seem to be progressing. The argument in the first paragraph is rubbish. If he had started as poorly as we have been doing recently surely he would have gone. Imagine spending a fair chunk of the season lower mid table and hardly winning a game!

He doesn't seem able to get the best out of the players he has. That is worrying.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 19:23 - Feb 26 with 6246 viewsKeaneish

I make it he needs 23 points from 33 points remaining. As soon as that is mathematically impossible and we’re relying on others, he should go.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 20:10 - Feb 26 with 6119 viewsbazgammon

ASAP.

Poll: Lambert

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 21:10 - Feb 26 with 6016 viewstractorboy1978

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:55 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

I don't think I'll renew if we're in League 1 with Lambert still in charge. I'd be surprised if there aren't plenty of others who feel the same. I imagine that might force ME's hand. I genuinely don't know what Evans is seeing that makes him think Lambert might be the man for a long term project.

The last time the fans forced his hand we got relegated the following season so he might well back his own judgement.

I know we talked about this on another thread but I just can't see Lambert not being here next season based on the actions/noises of the past few months.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 5983 viewshamburger_sv

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:56 - Feb 26 by clive_baker

If we had started poorly, fans would have seen Lambert as just another failed manager who took Ipswich down without a fight and would take Ipswich down another division without a fight.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 22:37 - Feb 26 with 5843 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 21:10 - Feb 26 by tractorboy1978

The last time the fans forced his hand we got relegated the following season so he might well back his own judgement.

I know we talked about this on another thread but I just can't see Lambert not being here next season based on the actions/noises of the past few months.

At least I'll save £30 a month.

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 23:26 - Feb 26 with 5760 viewspatrickswell

He’ll be here next season unless we have an utter meltdown over the last 11 games (still possible).

There are big decisions to be made - phasing out Skuse and Chambers, selling on as many of Hurst’s signings as possible, making decisions on crocks like Huws and Bishop, not to mention the question, “Are we going to give Andre Dozzell a real proper run in our first 11 or set him free?”

These decisions may as well be made by someone who has been around here for a while rather than someone new coming in. It’s not very exciting though, I grant you.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 23:26]
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 00:35 - Feb 27 with 5697 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"I genuinely don't know what Evans is seeing that makes him think Lambert might be the man for a long term project"

Because Evans knows absolutely feck all about football. He's a pi ss poor Dominic Cummings, even looks like him a bit.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 01:00 - Feb 27 with 5671 viewsrgp1

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 00:35 - Feb 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

"I genuinely don't know what Evans is seeing that makes him think Lambert might be the man for a long term project"

Because Evans knows absolutely feck all about football. He's a pi ss poor Dominic Cummings, even looks like him a bit.

If we crash and burn in March and April I suspect season ticket sales may have a bearing on things.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 01:04 - Feb 27 with 5668 viewsjeera

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 00:35 - Feb 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

He's nothing like Cummings.

Evans has little interest in pulling the strings at all.

I'm of the mind that he's fed up with the whole Town thing and has given PL the long term to give himself a break from the concern, which is the opposite to what you suggest.

The few annual million MEG loses is not a great deal on the grand scheme and if we go rot there will not be too much of a fuss.

To contradict that somewhat, I do think that PL's demise will only come once the fans' displeasure is so great that he is publically forced to get shot.

No, a few dozen on the corner by a stature won't cut it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 02:22 - Feb 27 with 5633 viewsDoctor_Earman

Exactly why we need protests, fan pressure, making our voices heard etc. If fans (as many on here like to do) continue to just happy clap then no change will be forthcoming. Evans is the one with the power to change things, fans (or 'customers' as Evans probably refers to us as) are the greatest influencing factor on that power. Otherwise we start next season in League 1 with Lambert as manager and Evans as owner. If enough fans demonstrate that neither Lambert or Evans are welcome at ITFC any longer then things will change. Until then the decline of this once great club will continue unabated.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 06:57 - Feb 27 with 5541 viewsCoastalblue

I think Evans has been convinced, by multiple sources, that the Club needs reshaping and a strategy applied throughout. There were/are lots of problems holding us back.

I think he also sees PL as someone who can remedy that and results are only a part, and will improve if and when the other stuff does.

I suspect we have 2+ years of PL yet unless things really go badly.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:32 - Feb 27 with 5495 viewsChrisd

Lets be honest, what does ME see most of the time to justify his decisions and actions? I've no faith in ME full stop to get this mess of a club out of the mire.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:33 - Feb 27 with 5494 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 06:57 - Feb 27 by Coastalblue

I think Evans has been convinced, by multiple sources, that the Club needs reshaping and a strategy applied throughout. There were/are lots of problems holding us back.

I think he also sees PL as someone who can remedy that and results are only a part, and will improve if and when the other stuff does.

I suspect we have 2+ years of PL yet unless things really go badly.

Things have really gone bad. We're 9th in the third division with 4 wins in 22 games.

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:36 - Feb 27 with 5466 viewsCoastalblue

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:33 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

Things have really gone bad. We're 9th in the third division with 4 wins in 22 games.

That's your opinion, I'm not so sure it's one that ME shares with you.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:42 - Feb 27 with 5453 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:36 - Feb 27 by Coastalblue

That's your opinion, I'm not so sure it's one that ME shares with you.

You think ME thinks we're doing well? He's not that clueless.

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:43 - Feb 27 with 5447 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think we will start next season with him regardless.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:44 - Feb 27 with 5446 viewsChrisd

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:42 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

You think ME thinks we're doing well? He's not that clueless.

I don't know, I think you're giving ME a little too much credit there!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024