Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich named 14th out of 25. 18:37 - Feb 26 with 1770 viewsPecker

Emerging destination for holiday makers in a trip advisor poll. Only English place in the list.
Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 18:41 - Feb 26 with 1757 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Must admit I am surprised by this. Wonder how it was decided. I love ITFC but there is not an awful lot about Ipswich that is all that great (which I find a real shame).

Had to check it to see if you were being serious: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/top-25-emerging-travel-destinations-tripadvisor-10045

I can recall hearing Bungay as being claimed for something similar and being very surprised too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

I'm a little grumpy to see Alvor in Portugal on the list. ended up going there more or less by accident on my honeymoon in 2012, it's a wonderful little town and I don't want to see it be ruined by having it fill up with people like me, frankly.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 18:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 18:45 - Feb 26 with 1744 viewsPecker

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 18:41 - Feb 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Must admit I am surprised by this. Wonder how it was decided. I love ITFC but there is not an awful lot about Ipswich that is all that great (which I find a real shame).

Had to check it to see if you were being serious: https://uk.style.yahoo.com/top-25-emerging-travel-destinations-tripadvisor-10045

I can recall hearing Bungay as being claimed for something similar and being very surprised too.

Thanks for putting up the link. I really must learn how to do it on my laptop.
Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 19:46 - Feb 26 with 1660 viewsTrequartista

Boosted by a lot of happy (away team) visitors to Portman Road?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 19:46]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 19:53 - Feb 26 with 1643 viewsLord_Lucan

If there was ever an example of never to take any notice of polls then this is it.

It's absolutely insane.

My take on Ipswich for visitors

1/ I love Ipswich (but only because for some freak of nature I ended up there and I love the football club)

2/ Ipswich is a sh1thole.

3/ I've run out of things to say.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 20:05 - Feb 26 with 1606 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 19:53 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

If there was ever an example of never to take any notice of polls then this is it.

It's absolutely insane.

My take on Ipswich for visitors

1/ I love Ipswich (but only because for some freak of nature I ended up there and I love the football club)

2/ Ipswich is a sh1thole.

3/ I've run out of things to say.

As a regular visitor to Alvor in Portugal I'd also like to say: It's terrible, don't go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 20:30 - Feb 26 with 1562 viewsLord_Lucan

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 20:05 - Feb 26 by BlueBadger

As a regular visitor to Alvor in Portugal I'd also like to say: It's terrible, don't go.

The thing is, I refuse to take tips and recommendations with these online polls or tripadvisor things, it's all a load of cr4p.

Take a look at bad Tripadvisor reviews for hotels or holidays. They will usually start with "We had to wait nearly an hour to be checked in"

What this means is some impatient couple have got the hump of having to wait to be checked in to their holiday resort by some poor sod who can only dream of a holiday and during this time they will have decided that the fortnight is a disaster. No amount of copious booze and food will change this couples opinion that the place is worth destroying online.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 20:44 - Feb 26 with 1539 viewshamburger_sv

Anybody serious about holiday would do some research beforehand instead of blinding following a trip advisor poll.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 21:02 - Feb 26 with 1505 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 18:45 - Feb 26 by Pecker

Thanks for putting up the link. I really must learn how to do it on my laptop.

When you have a page open click on the bit where the address is and make sure it is all highlighted blue (double or triple clicking can do this if it isn't already). Press ctrl and C together. Then in your post press ctrl and V together. Hey presto there is your link.

Ctrl C and Ctrl V are shortcuts for copy and paste.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 1468 viewsbackinbeige

We beat Agra which came 25th, so Portman Road is officially better than the Taj Mahal

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 21:22 - Feb 26 with 1448 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 20:30 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

The thing is, I refuse to take tips and recommendations with these online polls or tripadvisor things, it's all a load of cr4p.

Take a look at bad Tripadvisor reviews for hotels or holidays. They will usually start with "We had to wait nearly an hour to be checked in"

What this means is some impatient couple have got the hump of having to wait to be checked in to their holiday resort by some poor sod who can only dream of a holiday and during this time they will have decided that the fortnight is a disaster. No amount of copious booze and food will change this couples opinion that the place is worth destroying online.

I'm saying 'don't go to Alvor' more out of self-interest than malice. I like it nicely buzzy and still a bit 'local' rather than heaving with prannets.

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 17:56 - Feb 27 with 1166 viewsPecker

Ipswich named 14th out of 25. on 21:02 - Feb 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

When you have a page open click on the bit where the address is and make sure it is all highlighted blue (double or triple clicking can do this if it isn't already). Press ctrl and C together. Then in your post press ctrl and V together. Hey presto there is your link.

Ctrl C and Ctrl V are shortcuts for copy and paste.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/top-25-emerging-travel-destinations-tripadvisor-10045

Thanks Prof.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024