Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Day 01:25 - Feb 27 with 5409 viewseddiespearitt03

Previously a season ticket holder @ ITFC . . Assaulted by cowards and sadly died just walking home after a live music gig in the town last Saturday night..

A really nice fella and totally harmless. Rest in Peace Richard x

Richard Day on 08:44 - Feb 27 with 5100 viewsallezlesbleus

Was this the incident outside "Kebabpizza" in St Matthews Street? According to the EADT this morning, 3 teenagers have now been arrested for the murder?

Terrible. So scary to think how often people are violently assaulted, or killed, now in Ipswich.

I didn't know him, but RIP Richard and sincere condolences to his friends and family.
Richard Day on 08:52 - Feb 27 with 5045 viewsHarry_Palmer

Its just terrible. I simply cannot get my head around the mentality of people that carry out these mindless acts of violence.

Didn't know Richard but by all accounts he was a really nice sort. My heart really goes out to his family and all who knew him.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 7:37]
Richard Day on 09:08 - Feb 27 with 4976 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Awful news. Just really sad.

RIP Richard

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Richard Day on 09:12 - Feb 27 with 4963 viewsSwansea_Blue

Awful.

RIP fella.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Richard Day on 11:39 - Feb 27 with 4729 viewstextbackup

Wasn’t until I saw his brothers social media that I realised who it was, both brothers huge town fans, and think Kris is still a ST holder.

Sad thing is it was probably all over a wallet or a phone. Knowing his bother, both wouldn’t harm a fly, so I’ve no doubt this was total cntness from one side only.

Especially being that shthole end of Town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Richard Day on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 4456 viewsPilgrimblue

That's appalling, he must have been an easy target for the thugs. They'll be out in 3 years!!

RIP Richard
Richard Day on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 4100 viewsmadmouse1959

An extremely nice guy with many many friends.
Thoughts are now with Richards close friends, his music buddies and all his old friends during Richards volunteering at the CAMRA beer festivals ( which no longer exist )

An unprovoked attack for no reason. Hope the appropriate custodial sentences follow.

Most of all, my sincere sympathy to his family. x Rest in Peace Richard.

shampoo dave

Richard Day on 23:29 - Feb 27 with 3970 viewsgainsboroughblue

I popped into see his mum (and family). She is in absolute pieces and will never ever get over this. It was heartbreaking to see her pain and was personally a very emotional visit. Such a lovely lady and a really lovely, popular family by her side.

It's just not bloody fair. I feel so sad, but mostly really angry over the whole thing.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Richard Day on 00:25 - Feb 28 with 3869 viewsconnorscontract

Richard Day on 23:29 - Feb 27 by gainsboroughblue

I popped into see his mum (and family). She is in absolute pieces and will never ever get over this. It was heartbreaking to see her pain and was personally a very emotional visit. Such a lovely lady and a really lovely, popular family by her side.

It's just not bloody fair. I feel so sad, but mostly really angry over the whole thing.

Really sorry to read this. I didn't know Richard, but have said for years how badly sentencing for violent life-changing and life-ending attacks has been eroded. It encourages a culture of violence and a sense that perpetrators can get away with it. Senseless, mindless, violence and his family have been devastated as a result. Heart-braking.

But i'm writing to say, on behalf of all decent, caring, people "thank you" to you, gainsborough, for taking the time to let a devastated family know that they are not alone. It would have been easier for you to make excuses, and must have been one of the hardest things you have ever had to do to spend time with people suffering so much.

Thank you, on behalf of all of us who hope that this senseless death will mean something, and that Richard's family will one day find peace.
Richard Day on 02:28 - Feb 28 with 3775 viewsBluearmy71

Utter f*cking disrespectful cowards, I hope Richard and his family get the justice they deserve and these "teenagers" get charged as adults they won't get the sentence they deserve but I hope life in jail for them means life, there is no excuses they knew exactly what they were doing!

My thoughts to all his family and friends in this harrowing time!

R.I.P Richard.
Richard Day on 08:34 - Feb 28 with 3452 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Richard Day on 08:44 - Feb 27 by allezlesbleus

Was this the incident outside "Kebabpizza" in St Matthews Street? According to the EADT this morning, 3 teenagers have now been arrested for the murder?

Terrible. So scary to think how often people are violently assaulted, or killed, now in Ipswich.

I didn't know him, but RIP Richard and sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Not just in Town, its happening everywhere.
Its really time we start to look at what is prompting some teenagers to act with such violence.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Richard Day on 08:53 - Feb 28 with 3382 viewsJimmyJazz

Richard Day on 08:34 - Feb 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

Its really time we start to look at what is prompting some teenagers to act with such violence.

Soft punishments?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Richard Day on 23:35 - Feb 28 with 3150 viewseddiespearitt03

The thugs can not be named because they are only 16. Shameful.
Richard Day on 08:16 - Feb 29 with 2838 viewsGaryCooper

Richard Day on 08:34 - Feb 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

It is non parenting, it is absent fathers, it is the lack of work ethic, mass consumerism and get rich quick, it is no fear of the law and the consequences, look at the soft sentences handed down to people caught with a knife.

Thoughts and prayers, tough talk, blah blah blah.
Richard Day on 08:44 - Feb 29 with 2728 viewsnoggin

Richard Day on 08:53 - Feb 28 by JimmyJazz

Soft punishments?

Would you beat someone to death if you knew you'd only serve a couple of years in jail? These kids weren't born violent.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Richard Day on 09:46 - Feb 29 with 2603 viewsDublinBlue84

Didn't know him really myself but work with one of his relatives, who as you can expect, are really devastated, from everything I heard he was a top bloke and it's absolutely madness.

Says a lot about society and what is happening with some of these teenagers - really is something we need to deal with as a country. Sometimes I've been walking in that area after a night game at PR after the match and honestly seen a few guys around which are the type who are up to no good.

Condolences to family, friends and those here who were close to him - RIP.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024