Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? 12:09 - Feb 27 with 11180 viewsKernewekBlue

I'm interested to know who you think is at fault for our current predicament. Does the blame for our woes rest with Paul Lambert or does it sit at the feet of Marcus Evans?

KernewekBlue
Poll: Is Marcus Evans good for our club?

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:12 - Feb 27 with 5267 viewsSteve_M

Define current?

- Since playing Rotherham in late Jan?
- Since October?
- Since McCarthy left?
- Since Evans bought the club?
- Since Royle failed to get us promoted?
- Since the Summer of 2001?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:15 - Feb 27 with 5252 viewsSuperblue95

I’ve said it before but Marcus Evans was the main contributor to us ending up in this division.

Lambert is the sole reason we are staying here (as well as being part of the reason we got relegated)

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:17 - Feb 27 with 5237 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:12 - Feb 27 by Steve_M

Define current?

- Since October?
- Since McCarthy left?

Current = Now.

Languishing in 9th in League 1 following a disastrous relegation from The Championship.

If you want a broader definition, since Lambert was appointed as manager.

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:22 - Feb 27 with 5207 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:15 - Feb 27 by Superblue95

I’ve said it before but Marcus Evans was the main contributor to us ending up in this division.

Lambert is the sole reason we are staying here (as well as being part of the reason we got relegated)

Lambert didn't get us relegated, he was just handed the steering wheel when the brakes failed and we plunged off the cliff! The writing was on the wall LONG before that!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:26 - Feb 27 with 5187 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:15 - Feb 27 by Superblue95

If Lambert is the only reason we won't get promoted from League 1, who could do a job and get us back up to The Championship with little or no investment?

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:27 - Feb 27 with 5176 viewsIllinoisblue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:26 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

If Lambert is the only reason we won't get promoted from League 1, who could do a job and get us back up to The Championship with little or no investment?

Mark Robins, Paul Warne, Joey Barton...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:28 - Feb 27 with 5170 viewsLankHenners

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:17 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Current = Now.

Languishing in 9th in League 1 following a disastrous relegation from The Championship.

Well that’s easy then - Lambert.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:28 - Feb 27 with 5167 viewsSuperblue95

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:22 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Lambert didn't get us relegated, he was just handed the steering wheel when the brakes failed and we plunged off the cliff! The writing was on the wall LONG before that!

I said part of the reason we got relegated.

If he’d gotten us back up this season then he’d have been on a clean slate for me but we don’t look close to going up currently. Given the squad we have it’s not Evans fault we are going to be in this league next season (well, aside from allowing Lambert to remain here)

Login to get fewer ads

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:29 - Feb 27 with 5161 viewsPecker

Are you really interested though?
Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:35 - Feb 27 with 5129 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:27 - Feb 27 by Illinoisblue

Mark Robins, Paul Warne, Joey Barton...

Joey Barton???

All round good guy and role model for young people, Joey Barton?????

Can we NEVER again mention his name!?!?!?

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:38 - Feb 27 with 5113 viewsPecker

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:35 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Joey Barton???

All round good guy and role model for young people, Joey Barton?????

Can we NEVER again mention his name!?!?!?

I think we can trace this back to Pope John Paul the 2nd. Since his untimely death, we have been on a downward spiral. I would blame him.
Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 5113 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:28 - Feb 27 by LankHenners

Well that’s easy then - Lambert.

So, can I take it that you agree with Marcus Evans' invetsment policy, his sales of established and promising, up and coming playing staff for relative peanuts, his constant 5 year plans, his managerial appointments and the way he puts the club first in all his thoughts and dealings with no regard for personal gain?

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:43 - Feb 27 with 5107 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:29 - Feb 27 by Pecker

Are you really interested though?

Yes... it's interesting to know how the members of our fan base feels about our management and ownership's performance!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:44 - Feb 27 with 5093 viewsjobsworthblue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:43 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Yes... it's interesting to know how the members of our fan base feels about our management and ownership's performance!

Meghan Markle
Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:45 - Feb 27 with 5089 viewsSikamikanico

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:40 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

So, can I take it that you agree with Marcus Evans' invetsment policy, his sales of established and promising, up and coming playing staff for relative peanuts, his constant 5 year plans, his managerial appointments and the way he puts the club first in all his thoughts and dealings with no regard for personal gain?

why do you believe this club should be first in all his thoughts and dealings with no regard for personal gain? personal gain has long since sailed away as the club loses money each year and he is unlikely to see any tangible gain

Its a failed investment. Its probably an annoyance now more than anything
Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:48 - Feb 27 with 5072 viewsBluefish

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:17 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Current = Now.

The new stands
Ruud van nistelrooy
ITV digital
Findi and sereni
Holland and herman staying
BFJ

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:50 - Feb 27 with 5065 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:28 - Feb 27 by Superblue95

I said part of the reason we got relegated.

If he’d gotten us back up this season then he’d have been on a clean slate for me but we don’t look close to going up currently. Given the squad we have it’s not Evans fault we are going to be in this league next season (well, aside from allowing Lambert to remain here)

"Given the squad we have it’s not Evans fault we are going to be in this league next season"

The squad we have, which has proven to be not good enough to compete consistently in League 1, is as a direct result of Marcus Evans' transfer and investment policy, so how can he not shoulder the blame for our slide down the leagues?

His book balancing exploits have left us woefully undertalented and not fit for purpose.

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:51 - Feb 27 with 5060 viewsBluefish

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:50 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

"Given the squad we have it’s not Evans fault we are going to be in this league next season"

The squad we have, which has proven to be not good enough to compete consistently in League 1, is as a direct result of Marcus Evans' transfer and investment policy, so how can he not shoulder the blame for our slide down the leagues?

His book balancing exploits have left us woefully undertalented and not fit for purpose.

When did our books balance?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:53 - Feb 27 with 5041 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:44 - Feb 27 by jobsworthblue

Meghan Markle

Yes... she's a worse right-back than Chambo!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:54 - Feb 27 with 5036 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:38 - Feb 27 by Pecker

I think we can trace this back to Pope John Paul the 2nd. Since his untimely death, we have been on a downward spiral. I would blame him.

If we'd played him in goal, perhaps we'd have stayed up!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:56 - Feb 27 with 5027 viewsTractorCam

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:12 - Feb 27 by Steve_M

Define current?

- Since October?
- Since McCarthy left?

- Since playing Rotherham in late Jan? Lambert
- Since October? Lambert
- Since McCarthy left? Hurst
- Since Evans bought the club? Evans
- Since Royle failed to get us promoted? No idea
- Since the Summer of 2001? Finishing 5th

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:58 - Feb 27 with 5021 viewsSuperblue95

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:50 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

Nah, the squad is more than good enough to compete in the division. Lambert is just too incompetent to get them playing a proper system/style

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 13:03 - Feb 27 with 4998 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:45 - Feb 27 by Sikamikanico

why do you believe this club should be first in all his thoughts and dealings with no regard for personal gain? personal gain has long since sailed away as the club loses money each year and he is unlikely to see any tangible gain

Its a failed investment. Its probably an annoyance now more than anything

If he bought this club to simply run it into the ground as a tax loss with a view to bleeding it dry of talent to somewhat balance the books until hoping to recoup his initial investment by selling it on afterwards, he has done himself no favours.

For a businessman of some apparent standing and prowess, he has failed miserably.

In no way is he the saviour we were all told about when he walked through the door with his inane smile and his empty rhetoric. He's a parasite, a carrion crow of an owner that will pick the bones clean of any decent assets this club once possessed. He's like a tapeworm, sucking all the goodness out of our wonderful club before slithering away to find his next victim.

Just my opinion.

Nice bloke!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 13:06 - Feb 27 with 4989 viewsKernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:51 - Feb 27 by Bluefish

When did our books balance?

I'll rephrase that...

ATTEMPTED book balancing/loss adjusting!

KernewekBlue

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 13:08 - Feb 27 with 4984 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Where does the fault lie for our current downturn? on 12:26 - Feb 27 by KernewekBlue

He hasn’t had little to no investment though, he was given the funds to sign 7 players last January, and then the likes of Holy, KVY, Garbutt, Norwood and Keane who are expensive acquisitions at this level

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024