Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about 16:43 - Feb 27 with 8985 viewsLord_Lucan

For me it was when I was chatting to a bloke on a Jolly Boys about amateur football and I said that I used to play at quite a high level.

In reality I had trials for my county when I was 15 but I suppose a "High level" is something like playing for minimum a decent non league team.

There are of course many other things that I look back and cringe about but I think that one takes the biscuit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:44 - Feb 27 with 4607 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Probably that'd I'd buy your house.
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:48 - Feb 27 with 4612 viewsReuser_is_God

When I was 17 I told a bird in Magaluf that I played for MK Dons.

Unfortunately her old man was the owner of Motherwell so she was aware that the football season had started & that no professional player would be in Magaluf necking pints of Vodka Redbull in August.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:51 - Feb 27 with 4555 viewstractordownsouth

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:48 - Feb 27 by Reuser_is_God

Unfortunately her old man was the owner of Motherwell so she was aware that the football season had started & that no professional player would be in Magaluf necking pints of Vodka Redbull in August.

MK Dons? That' would've given you even less of a chance with her

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:51 - Feb 27 with 4557 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:44 - Feb 27 by PrideOfTheEast

Probably that'd I'd buy your house.

Ah yes, you actually did say that didn't you - and it wasn't for sale anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:55 - Feb 27 with 4535 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:48 - Feb 27 by Reuser_is_God

I went through a phase of doing a similar thing around the same age. Had a surprising level of success given I wasn't exactly in shape at that point in time and was constantly on the p1ss.

I recall one particular text message from a young lady (who had told her parents about having met up with a footballer a few times) along the lines of "My Dad has looked up [player] on the internet and you look nothing like him". Still saw her after that!
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:56 - Feb 27 with 4513 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:51 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Ah yes, you actually did say that didn't you - and it wasn't for sale anyway.

That was the Old Kent Road day after Millwall.
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:57 - Feb 27 with 4516 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:55 - Feb 27 by PrideOfTheEast

I went through a phase of doing a similar thing around the same age. Had a surprising level of success given I wasn't exactly in shape at that point in time and was constantly on the p1ss.

I recall one particular text message from a young lady (who had told her parents about having met up with a footballer a few times) along the lines of "My Dad has looked up [player] on the internet and you look nothing like him". Still saw her after that!

You would be better off saying you were Prince William seeing as you do look like him a bit.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 17:02 - Feb 27 with 4482 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:56 - Feb 27 by PrideOfTheEast

That was the Old Kent Road day after Millwall.

Was it?

We were in some pub on Clerkenwell Rd

Login to get fewer ads

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 19:55 - Feb 27 with 4315 viewsDeano69

Was at a business networking evening, well oiled on plonk. A fairly attractive lady asked me the usual ‘so what do you do?’ And I had heard that a dozen times already. So I said ‘I’m a male prostitute’. No idea why or where it came from. The conversation didnt last long, a few weeks later she was awarded an OBE for services to industry.

I still cringe thinking about it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 20:10 - Feb 27 with 4279 viewsWD19

I once pulled up a small shrub/tree from a garden and ‘planted’ it on the bonnet of the car in the nearest driveway. I made sure there was plenty of soil and it was patted down firmly in place.

I also got pissed at a cricket match and talked to a father of a friend (Who had once been a DJ on Radio Orwell) about the ‘Empires new clothes’. God knows how I remember that....but I still cringe.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 20:12]
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 20:38 - Feb 27 with 4184 viewsbluelagos

Wasnt pished, but this one still sends,shivers down my spine. Bit long, but worth the read.

Neighbout goes away for a weekend and asks me to watch the young teenage daughter alone in house, make sure all is good. I keep an eye on comings and goings and keep seeing a blonde friend but no more.

On his return the conversation goes thus.

Neighbour: Any problems?
BL. Not at all
Neighbour; Any visitors?
BL. Only one of her friends
Neighbour: Friend?
BL. Yeah, a blonde girl, tits to die for
Neighbour: I didnt mention Claire had dyed her hair blonde did I?

Before anyone thinks I have gone full on Benters, I was 24, girl 17ish.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 20:47]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 21:01 - Feb 27 with 4103 viewsHARRY10

" I do "
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 21:13 - Feb 27 with 4068 viewsMelford

I spent a whole night telling some girl and her mates I was an in an Indie band in 90s, I was in a band before I went to Uni that had about 5 paid gigs in the Sudbury area in 1997 but as far as it went in reality, I was telling her about how we supported Pulp on a tour and how Jarvis was a top bloke and hanging out backstage with Chris Evans on TFI Friday and all the crazy stuff we did on tour. Luckily this was pre-smartphone so nobody there could have have googled it and exposed me as a right bullsh*t merchant.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 21:25 - Feb 27 with 4032 viewsCoastalblue

When I was late teens (80's) I was a bit wellied and chatting to a girl in the pub who was waaay out of my league. We talked about work and my job was a bit boring so I told her I was a butterfly breeder.

Fast forward a week and she calls me and asks me to go out for a drink, for about six weeks I maintained the story, then we went our own way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 3974 viewsjontysnut

Told Viv Richards I couldn't read his handwriting on a bat he'd already signed. Understandably he wanted to rip my head off.
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 08:20 - Feb 28 with 3678 viewsartsbossbeard

"No worries, LL, I'll share a room with you in Amsterdam".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 08:32 - Feb 28 with 3648 viewsBrixtonBlue

Once, while pissed, I declared to my mates that I've read every book I'll ever need to read. They still remind me of this and I still cringe.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:30 - Feb 28 with 3501 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 08:20 - Feb 28 by artsbossbeard

"No worries, LL, I'll share a room with you in Amsterdam".

Mmmmm.

I'm calling that out.

Of all the times we have been there together I can't recall a single time I have shared with you.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:40 - Feb 28 with 3478 viewsBigManBlue

"Don't worry, you're on the pill"

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:44 - Feb 28 with 3454 viewsartsbossbeard

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:30 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Mmmmm.

I'm calling that out.

Of all the times we have been there together I can't recall a single time I have shared with you.

Smoking-in-room-gate

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:45 - Feb 28 with 3448 viewsr2d2

Was p!ssed up with my mate and his brother years back. His Mrs picked us up. I was so slaughtered l proceeded to tell her ld like to shag her whilst she was wearing my lpswich shirt. I dont remember much about it, but my mate still reminds me of it now.. I still cringe.
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:46 - Feb 28 with 3437 viewsBigManBlue

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:45 - Feb 28 by r2d2

Was p!ssed up with my mate and his brother years back. His Mrs picked us up. I was so slaughtered l proceeded to tell her ld like to shag her whilst she was wearing my lpswich shirt. I dont remember much about it, but my mate still reminds me of it now.. I still cringe.

You filth bag. I love it.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:53 - Feb 28 with 3407 viewsmonytowbray

One incident resulted in me quitting drinking for months after. But basically walking home p1ssed and some mindless vandalism that was uncalled for and probably ruined someone's Sunday morning a lot :( Was a few years back.

Saying stuff-wise, getting drunk and slagging off someone in the senior team for a good 20 minutes at the pub probably did me no favours in the job I was in at the time. In fairness the place was toxic and two weeks later they let me go (on some rather tactical sketchy grounds as they knew the real reasons would result in a mental health discrimination tribunal if they were honest or I could prove it). Whether my drunken rant got back to any power-that-be I don't know, but I woke up the next day with the fear. However if I ran a business and someone went on a drunken rant about the job I'd be more concerned about why they're upset and how to fix it than what they actually said, likely because I've been there and know you have to be doing something wrong to provoke that dutch courage in the first place.

I was actually pretty pleased at the time they let me go as I was a broken person and was half trying to get the shove so I would be forced to move onto something new. Possibly one of the only bridges I've set fire to and p1ssed all over the ashes after, but honestly I don't care. I'd happily live in a world where I never have to see or talk to most the folk at that company ever again.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:02 - Feb 28 with 3373 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:44 - Feb 28 by artsbossbeard

Smoking-in-room-gate

Oh yeah.

Apart from that?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:12 - Feb 28 with 3345 viewsallezlesbleus

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 13:46 - Feb 28 by BigManBlue

You filth bag. I love it.

You weren't inspired by David Mellor were you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024