Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' 14:07 - Feb 28 with 2619 viewsOsborneOneNil

He's been saying that since we slipped from 2nd to 3rd, with a game in hand.

Lambert, we are now 9th with 4 wins in the last 18 games.

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:08 - Feb 28 with 2604 viewsBackToRussia

May, aka waiting for that sweet sweet compo money.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:13 - Feb 28 with 2594 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

'Win nothing in November', god how I wish we did.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:13]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:21 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsLankHenners

"Plenty of football left to be played" is one he repeated ad nauseam that's been dropped recently.

As always, no real point over-analysing press conference utterances but his general tone has given the impression he's hoping something good happens rather than having a plan for it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:30 - Feb 28 with 2547 viewsOsborneOneNil

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:21 - Feb 28 by LankHenners

"Plenty of football left to be played" is one he repeated ad nauseam that's been dropped recently.

As always, no real point over-analysing press conference utterances but his general tone has given the impression he's hoping something good happens rather than having a plan for it.

Never had a plan, has he.

I know we had a spell of losing the play offs every year, but have we ever had such a monumental fvck up/slip when so well placed, as this?

Don't think we have,
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:39 - Feb 28 with 2527 viewsParky

Whilst I really think he is just tactically sh!t, he isn't wrong is he?

We are 3 points off 6th spot, with Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth all to play. Don't get me wrong, I know we've failed to beat anybody half decent and our form suggests we will finish absolutely nowhere; but the mentality of this board is remarkable.

Literally would take a couple of wins and we're back in contention. Giving up the season now is just as bad as celebrating winning the league in November.

Again, please let me reiterate, I don't really rate Lambert; but f#ck me, get a grip.
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:43 - Feb 28 with 2514 viewsMetal_Hacker

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:39 - Feb 28 by Parky

We are 3 points off 6th spot, with Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth all to play. Don't get me wrong, I know we've failed to beat anybody half decent and our form suggests we will finish absolutely nowhere; but the mentality of this board is remarkable.

Literally would take a couple of wins and we're back in contention. Giving up the season now is just as bad as celebrating winning the league in November.

Again, please let me reiterate, I don't really rate Lambert; but f#ck me, get a grip.

Good effort

Poll: If it were one or the other

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:57 - Feb 28 with 2479 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:39 - Feb 28 by Parky

Yeah we are still in around, don't think we are good enough to be in the play-offs anyway, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I personally don't think Lambert is a good coach, nor has surrounded himself with good coaches here, but again, hope to be proved wrong.

I have great frustration that we built so much momentum early season and the rotation of personnel and formation really scuffled that in my opinion, more frustration than anger from a personal point of view.

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:01 - Feb 28 with 2473 viewsParky

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:57 - Feb 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Yeah we are still in around, don't think we are good enough to be in the play-offs anyway, but I would love to be proved wrong.

I personally don't think Lambert is a good coach, nor has surrounded himself with good coaches here, but again, hope to be proved wrong.

I have great frustration that we built so much momentum early season and the rotation of personnel and formation really scuffled that in my opinion, more frustration than anger from a personal point of view.

Completely agree with every single aspect of that post.

To be fair, I've probably vented my frustration at the wrong post on here; but it just bugs me the mentality on here.

When Bart admitted the players gave up in October, he got pelters (rightly so). - Now, we aren't the ones on the field playing, but if the players had the mentality some do on here, we might as well just pack up.

I think the negatives at the moment are so prominent because there's a lot of them, but as I say - we're literally 2 wins away from being right back in contention.
Login to get fewer ads

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:10 - Feb 28 with 2450 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:01 - Feb 28 by Parky

To be fair, I've probably vented my frustration at the wrong post on here; but it just bugs me the mentality on here.

When Bart admitted the players gave up in October, he got pelters (rightly so). - Now, we aren't the ones on the field playing, but if the players had the mentality some do on here, we might as well just pack up.

I think the negatives at the moment are so prominent because there's a lot of them, but as I say - we're literally 2 wins away from being right back in contention.

Lambert will not be letting the players think for half a second that it is out of reach by any stretch of the imagination, as you rightly say, we are 2 wins away from the play-offs.

I think fans do say some things in the heat of the moment, especially after a defeat, I know I have done it myself.

I thought the Oxford was a big loss, felt like a big loss. However I think the run of Coventry, Fleetwood and Portsmouth is last chance saloon, you can't lose them games, if you can't win them, don't lose them ones, and we may have a chance with our final run in.

Every weekend feels like a big game now, but we never seem to perform well when the pressure is on. Going to be an intriguing, and bloody cold day on the coast for me tomorrow.

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:38 - Feb 28 with 2386 viewsbobbyramsey

That's only two wins assuming that all the other teams lose "only" two as well...
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:46 - Feb 28 with 2366 viewsPJH

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:38 - Feb 28 by bobbyramsey

That's only two wins assuming that all the other teams lose "only" two as well...

You mean other teams have got games to play as well?

Neutrals looking at the League One table at the moment are not likely to rate ITFC's chances of making the playoffs very highly.

It is possible but for it to happen we need to have a sharp upturn in form/results and three teams above us need to collapse.

We are currently probably in the worst form of any of the contenders.

We have already thrown away loads of chances of establishing ourselves in the top two let alone the playoffs.
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:50 - Feb 28 with 2354 viewsParky

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:38 - Feb 28 by bobbyramsey

What a pointless statement. Yes we need a turn in form, but the teams above us won't and physically can't win all of their remaining games. Exactly how Lambert says "there will be lots and twists and turns".
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 16:08 - Feb 28 with 2311 viewspatrickswell

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:50 - Feb 28 by Parky

What a pointless statement. Yes we need a turn in form, but the teams above us won't and physically can't win all of their remaining games. Exactly how Lambert says "there will be lots and twists and turns".

But Lambert is a f–-ing idiot, who has failed to win any pressure games this season.
PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 16:09 - Feb 28 with 2304 viewsBackToRussia

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 15:50 - Feb 28 by Parky

Yes it will be interesting to see exactly how we fail spectacularly to get out of this league.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 2248 viewsGarv

Hence the suggestion that we wait until May.

It's not difficult is it?

It's tedious, but you'd be more upset if he admitted the season was over. like Bart did. I know I would.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 17:16 - Feb 28 with 2225 viewsHerbivore

Problem is, since November we achieve two wins about every seven or eight games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 2215 viewsHerbivore

PL: 'As I say, let's see where we are come May' on 14:21 - Feb 28 by LankHenners

Exactly this. Everything in recent weeks/months has been so passive. Carry on as we are, we're doing alright really, it'll turn. Actually do what you're fuking paid to do and make something happen you numpty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024