Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? 16:07 - Feb 28 with 2503 viewsDyland

ta

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:10 - Feb 28 with 2493 viewsLord_Lucan

They are mostly rubbish because they mainly sell Greene King.

I went there a few years back and was most disappointed. There was one place near Waitrose called The Barn or something like that and it served Ghost Ship. I thing Jeera is your man.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:16 - Feb 28 with 2469 viewsDyland

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:10 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

I went there a few years back and was most disappointed. There was one place near Waitrose called The Barn or something like that and it served Ghost Ship. I thing Jeera is your man.

Yeh the Greene King thing puts a dampener on things but I only have half an hour to kill tomorrow lunchtime and there must be somewhere that sells other than sewer soap.

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 2459 viewscatch74

I think Facters is one.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:20 - Feb 28 with 2456 viewsDyland

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:19 - Feb 28 by catch74

I think Facters is one.

Best, not bust.

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:21 - Feb 28 with 2453 viewsSikamikanico

I would recommend a shop instead - Beautiful Beers. Has a great selection of beers and the owner is knowledgeable.

If you have to have a pint then the Wetherspoons is at least not tied to GK and might have a guest ale worth trying
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:23 - Feb 28 with 2449 viewsLord_Lucan

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:16 - Feb 28 by Dyland

Yeh the Greene King thing puts a dampener on things but I only have half an hour to kill tomorrow lunchtime and there must be somewhere that sells other than sewer soap.

Just had a Google and it must be The Oakes Barn I am talking about.

To be fair The Whetherspoons wasn't too bad - drink wise anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:25 - Feb 28 with 2436 viewsDyland

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:21 - Feb 28 by Sikamikanico

I would recommend a shop instead - Beautiful Beers. Has a great selection of beers and the owner is knowledgeable.

If you have to have a pint then the Wetherspoons is at least not tied to GK and might have a guest ale worth trying

A shop... er, can you drink a tinny at the counter?

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:28 - Feb 28 with 2425 viewsmonytowbray

Hunter Club is alright. Edmundos is alright.

Drinking in Bezza Saint Ezza is mostly a soulless, dull and expensive middle-class experience. There's no where that really has any character or a USP beyond the odd bit of live music. Just w@nky over priced bars full of people with nothing better to do on the weekend. Oh and a massive Spoons. Meh.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 16:29]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:30 - Feb 28 with 2419 viewsDyland

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:28 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

Drinking in Bezza Saint Ezza is mostly a soulless, dull and expensive middle-class experience. There's no where that really has any character or a USP beyond the odd bit of live music. Just w@nky over priced bars full of people with nothing better to do on the weekend. Oh and a massive Spoons. Meh.

To clarify, for a midday sharpener.

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:34 - Feb 28 with 2401 viewsSikamikanico

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:25 - Feb 28 by Dyland

A shop... er, can you drink a tinny at the counter?

Not sure if they allow it. I would just recommend it as the selection is great for a few to take home.

Failing that, head to the Adnams shop and just ask for free samples
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 17:03 - Feb 28 with 2351 viewsIP33

Con Club or Beerhouse
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 20:28 - Feb 28 with 2174 viewsstonojnr

Bury beerhouse, Old Cannon brewery,Oakes Barn, the Dove,none of them sell GK beer so folk who think BSE is just GK dont explore the place much. Best pub for GK beer other than the cafe in the brewery was Rose & Crown but landlords retired now and I've not been to sample it since, though Nutshell did a good pint of Abbot,and actually the Wetherspoons Corn Exchange is one of the better 'spoons for beer
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 20:40 - Feb 28 with 2147 viewsbentley_blue

The Dove first choice
Old Cannon second choice
Beer House third
What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 21:38 - Feb 28 with 2087 viewsbracknell_blue

I live in BSE and am very active in CAMRA so like to think I know my beer & pubs.

For me the best beer and pubs combination are Oakes Barn, although the acoustics are awful and it is hard to hear the person next to you when it is busy, the Beerhouse, but the beer selection isn’t what it used to be, the Old Cannon (friendly community pub and brews it’s own - no visit to Bury should be complete without a pint of Gunners Daughter). I am no fan of the Dove, the beers are very well kept but generally unexciting, and the place is a dump. The Rose & Crown is still excellent with the new landlord, they always have a mild plus 3 guest beers. The Nutshell, despite being GK, keeps the beer very well. The Masons Arms, again GK, but with guest beers, is a nice old pub too. Not as bad as you might think as a drinking town. Glad I moved here 4 years back.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 21:44 - Feb 28 with 2075 viewsjeera

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:10 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I believe you and I were pretty much standing next to each other at the bar once but didn't know it.

I've been in there several times in the past and it always had decent sorts in there. In fact I had a few beers in there with Hoppy once.

Bracknell seems to have covered it all well and I'd second Oakes Barn and the Masons myself.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Top man, cheers (n/t) on 11:04 - Feb 29 with 1898 viewsDyland

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 21:38 - Feb 28 by bracknell_blue

I live in BSE and am very active in CAMRA so like to think I know my beer & pubs.

For me the best beer and pubs combination are Oakes Barn, although the acoustics are awful and it is hard to hear the person next to you when it is busy, the Beerhouse, but the beer selection isn’t what it used to be, the Old Cannon (friendly community pub and brews it’s own - no visit to Bury should be complete without a pint of Gunners Daughter). I am no fan of the Dove, the beers are very well kept but generally unexciting, and the place is a dump. The Rose & Crown is still excellent with the new landlord, they always have a mild plus 3 guest beers. The Nutshell, despite being GK, keeps the beer very well. The Masons Arms, again GK, but with guest beers, is a nice old pub too. Not as bad as you might think as a drinking town. Glad I moved here 4 years back.

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 11:06 - Feb 29 with 1897 viewsclive_baker

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 16:28 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

I would say Hunter Club and Edmundos are 2 of the least appealing watering holes that bury has to offer. Disagree with most of the rest of your post too, there’s some great places if you know where you’re going.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 11:19 - Feb 29 with 1869 viewsWeWereZombies

What are the best boozers in Bury St Edmund's? on 21:38 - Feb 28 by bracknell_blue

Any info on which Green King pubs in the town do XX Mild?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024