Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this because.... 10:13 - Feb 29 with 43351 viewshampstead_blue

....a middle aged white, privileged, probably Oxbridge man in a safe job for life cannot accept working for a very determined and strong woman?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

She has clearly taken away his power base and he does not like it one bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 10:14 - Feb 29 with 10841 viewsHerbivore

No, it's because Priti Patel is a hateful ****.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this because.... on 10:23 - Feb 29 with 10803 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 10:14 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

I had hoped you may see this in the context from which it was posted.

Powerful woman runs one of the great offices of state, she is not white. Butts heads with man, as described, he resigns claiming constructive dismissal....

If that had been Dianne what you you then say?

Take the red/blue out of it. PP is shaking the tree and I like it.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Is this because.... on 10:25 - Feb 29 with 10801 viewsGuthrum

I doubt it. He was in position at the Home Office under Amber Rudd, with Theresa May as PM.

He also took a senior job at the Department of Transport under Justine Greening, in 2012.

Plus he started his Civil Service career while Thatcher was PM.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 10:35]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this because.... on 10:28 - Feb 29 with 10784 viewsGuthrum

Is this because.... on 10:23 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Powerful woman runs one of the great offices of state, she is not white. Butts heads with man, as described, he resigns claiming constructive dismissal....

Tree-shaking is not necessarily a positive thing. Good people dislike being thrown around, unable to get on with their jobs - and leave.

As I've said before, revolutionaries are very good as smashing systems they perceive to be flawed, but not necessarily much cop at building functioning alternatives.

Edit: And as for Asians, he was also under Sajid Javid at the HO.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 10:30]

Is this because.... on 10:28 - Feb 29 with 10768 viewsvapour_trail

You’re calling racism and sexism on this one then, hampers?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is this because.... on 10:30 - Feb 29 with 10765 viewsSarge

This
Is this because.... on 10:35 - Feb 29 with 10735 viewsHARRY10

Another desperate attampt by HB, which I suggest is put up merely to provoke. As to post in favour of someone who makes Johnson look almost incompetent can have no other reason.

What next ?

Praise for Rees-Mogg's common touch, IDS's humanitarian acts, or maybe Cumming's social skills ?
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 10:37]
Is this because.... on 10:36 - Feb 29 with 10724 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 10:28 - Feb 29 by vapour_trail

You’re calling racism and sexism on this one then, hampers?

Not at all.

I just put it out there that he might be old fashioned. I'd say that Rudd and May don't come across as strong or determined as Patel.

Login to get fewer ads

Is this because.... on 10:40 - Feb 29 with 10693 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 10:35 - Feb 29 by HARRY10

Another desperate attampt by HB, which I suggest is put up merely to provoke. As to post in favour of someone who makes Johnson look almost incompetent can have no other reason.

What next ?

Praise for Rees-Mogg's common touch, IDS's humanitarian acts, or maybe Cumming's social skills ?
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 10:37]

again, not at all.

He resigns claiming constructive dismissal because a very strong woman comes in and has taken away his power base.

I think there could be a bit of 'do you know who I am?' in this. Don't forget he's a man used to sitting at the top. I think PP has simply knocked him and he's toppled.

It's nothing to do the BJ or anything like that Harry. I'm looking at this one thing. It is provocative I know, the situation, not the post, but I quite like to see the old guard shaken a bit.

I think there could be a serious amount of complacency at his level. That's all.

Is this because.... on 10:41 - Feb 29 with 10681 viewsPlums

Is this because.... on 10:36 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Not at all.

I just put it out there that he might be old fashioned. I'd say that Rudd and May don't come across as strong or determined as Patel.

Anyone who came across May at the HO would state very differently.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Is this because.... on 10:44 - Feb 29 with 10675 viewsGuthrum

Not at all.

You don't get to the top of the political tree without being tough and determined, not to say ruthless.

Plus determination has to have direction. If you're determined to do something bad or damaging, then that is a negative.

IMO smashing the Civil Service to make them more politically pliable to the government in power is a negative. As is removing checks and balances on the practicality of policy decisions.

Is this because.... on 10:44 - Feb 29 with 10670 viewsvapour_trail

Not at all.

Probably want to revisit the op as to why you referenced colour and gender then.

I’m sure it was accidental.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is this because.... on 10:51 - Feb 29 with 10650 viewsHARRY10

Is this because.... on 10:40 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

again, not at all.

He resigns claiming constructive dismissal because a very strong woman comes in and has taken away his power base.

I think there could be a bit of 'do you know who I am?' in this. Don't forget he's a man used to sitting at the top. I think PP has simply knocked him and he's toppled.

It's nothing to do the BJ or anything like that Harry. I'm looking at this one thing. It is provocative I know, the situation, not the post, but I quite like to see the old guard shaken a bit.

I think there could be a serious amount of complacency at his level. That's all.

Or once made minister should should be able to show a degree of compence. She has shown the opposite. He recent plans for immigration have been shredded

How is anyone supposed to respect someone in this job when they don't even know the difference btween terrorism and counter terrorism.

It might appeal to some crackpot idea rightees have about the civil service, and cutting the reams of red tape as a minister you need to make things work. She has a history of failure.

And the irony here is that if brexit were to go through as it is. there will need to be an extra 50,000 customs staff hired to deal with the extra 'paperwork' created. Lord alone knows what that would amount to with no deal.

For those not aware of just bow bad she is

Is this because.... on 10:55 - Feb 29 with 10639 viewsSomethingBlue

No, he is just deeply concerned about your guys' war on anything that does not suit them.

Still time to be on the right side of history and disassociate yourself from these people. I'm sure you don't want it on you; not really.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is this because.... on 11:02 - Feb 29 with 10591 viewsbobwya

Of course you know her so well you feel able to make such a disgusting comment
Is this because.... on 11:04 - Feb 29 with 10580 viewsHARRY10

Is this because.... on 11:02 - Feb 29 by bobwya

Or are able to pass judgement on her by her actions and words.

I have never met Piers Morgan, but......
Is this because.... on 11:08 - Feb 29 with 10561 viewsWD19

Is this because.... on 11:02 - Feb 29 by bobwya

My partner went to school with her and I can confirm the statement was entirely accurate.

I do think HB has accidentally raised an interesting point though. If the boot had been on the other foot ppl would be calling prejudice all over the shop.
Is this because.... on 11:10 - Feb 29 with 10544 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 10:23 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Oh the irony.

Is this because.... on 11:11 - Feb 29 with 10543 viewsbobwya

Is this because.... on 11:04 - Feb 29 by HARRY10

Or are able to pass judgement on her by her actions and words.

I have never met Piers Morgan, but......

I know I'm an old fashioned guy but whatever your opinions of an individual it is still a disgusting comment to make on a public forum
Is this because.... on 11:11 - Feb 29 with 10537 viewsHerbivore

Not at all.

You seem to have confused nastiness and ignorance with strength and determination. I can see why you're reading this all wrong.

Is this because.... on 11:15 - Feb 29 with 10516 viewsBlueorder

100% spot on.
Is this because.... on 11:21 - Feb 29 with 10496 viewsWeWereZombies

Not at all.

I guess making Amber Rudd and Theresa May seem reasonable and considerate is quite an achievement...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is this because.... on 11:22 - Feb 29 with 10484 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 11:11 - Feb 29 by bobwya

I know I'm an old fashioned guy but whatever your opinions of an individual it is still a disgusting comment to make on a public forum

Dry your eyes mate.

Is this because.... on 11:39 - Feb 29 with 10451 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s been in civil service for over 30 years. I’m sure he’s had to deal with bolshie women (and men) before.

It could be what it is, as also suggested by plenty of other evidence - she’s simply a vile, hateful, thick boss who treats her staff like crap.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 11:40 - Feb 29 with 10440 viewsLord_Lucan

Is this because.... on 11:39 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

He’s been in civil service for over 30 years. I’m sure he’s had to deal with bolshie women (and men) before.

It could be what it is, as also suggested by plenty of other evidence - she’s simply a vile, hateful, thick boss who treats her staff like crap.

She's quite foxy though isn't she.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024