Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much lower will our club sink? 18:32 - Feb 29 with 1943 viewsCopfordBlue

I never thought I’d see us in the third division but then growing up I didn’t envisage us ever being anything other than a team that played in the top division.

I don’t know why, just blind faith I guess, but I still believe that this season will be our low point and that next season will be the start of our recovery. Does anyone genuinely believe we’ll end up in League Two, non-league or go out of business altogether?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

How much lower will our club sink? on 18:34 - Feb 29 with 1918 viewsreusersfreekicks

South suffolk vets
How much lower will our club sink? on 18:34 - Feb 29 with 1922 viewsquirkie

League two is a realistic ambition for the club in a season or two.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

How much lower will our club sink? on 18:34 - Feb 29 with 1898 viewsMossy

Nope, not at all.

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

How much lower will our club sink? on 19:39 - Feb 29 with 1761 viewsJohnny_Boy

It’s happened before with ‘bigger’ clubs compared to ours.

We’ve no divine right to be in any league based on our past histrionics 20, 30 or 40yrs ago.

Football is cyclical. Peaks & troughs with success & failures. Establishing yourself in the Premiership during its peak cash moneyball-era should have cemented our stability in the top flight - if not helping us to utilise some yo-yo years in the Championship.

We haven’t been the only ones culpable of squandering this.

Of course, these sage words don’t help our plight now.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 19:44]
How much lower will our club sink? on 20:20 - Feb 29 with 1680 viewsCopfordBlue

How much lower will our club sink? on 19:39 - Feb 29 by Johnny_Boy

It’s happened before with ‘bigger’ clubs compared to ours.

We’ve no divine right to be in any league based on our past histrionics 20, 30 or 40yrs ago.

Football is cyclical. Peaks & troughs with success & failures. Establishing yourself in the Premiership during its peak cash moneyball-era should have cemented our stability in the top flight - if not helping us to utilise some yo-yo years in the Championship.

We haven’t been the only ones culpable of squandering this.

Of course, these sage words don’t help our plight now.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 19:44]

So do you think we are at the bottom of the cycle?

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

How much lower will our club sink? on 20:32 - Feb 29 with 1636 viewsvapour_trail

How much lower will our club sink? on 20:20 - Feb 29 by CopfordBlue

Definitely not.

The club is run without care in every respect of the business.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

How much lower will our club sink? on 20:35 - Feb 29 with 1611 viewsjas0999

If Evans remains as owner, we are more likely to get relegated again rather than return to the championship.

The guy is a disgrace.
How much lower will our club sink? on 20:50 - Feb 29 with 1554 viewsJohnny_Boy

How much lower will our club sink? on 20:20 - Feb 29 by CopfordBlue

Hard to say really. Things aren’t great. But a bit of perspective. We aren’t being wound-up & we aren’t languishing at the bottom of L2.
Login to get fewer ads

How much lower will our club sink? on 21:10 - Feb 29 with 1489 viewsOxford_Blue

Well apparently it’s all a tax scam so when the club becomes semi pro Evans makes billions
How much lower will our club sink? on 21:14 - Feb 29 with 1449 viewshamburger_sv

League two, with an occasional promotion to League one followed by relegation back two-three years later.

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

How much lower will our club sink? on 21:14 - Feb 29 with 1451 viewsOhFreddieFreddie

As horrible as it is, football swings in roundabouts. Every club has its dark periods or rough times, this is ours. Stick with it and one day things will turn. ( I don’t mean stick with the management, but the club)
How much lower will our club sink? on 21:15 - Feb 29 with 1442 viewsRocky

How much lower will our club sink? on 21:10 - Feb 29 by Oxford_Blue

Well apparently it’s all a tax scam so when the club becomes semi pro Evans makes billions

A few on here will actually believe that.
How much lower will our club sink? on 22:39 - Feb 29 with 1297 viewsFTP

How much lower will our club sink? on 21:15 - Feb 29 by Rocky

A few on here will actually believe that.

I can't see anything to cheer short term. We could well become lge 2. Long term we can still dream.
How much lower will our club sink? on 22:47 - Feb 29 with 1258 views3_5_2

If, as looks likely now, we don't get in the Play offs and even less likely, promotion, I fear for us next season.

Any decent players will be sold, Garbutt will go to a Championship club and unless we get a "Team" with a winning mentality from somewhere, we will be at best mid table L1

L2 is a real possibility if we continue to accept defeat the way we seem to now

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

How much lower will our club sink? on 22:58 - Feb 29 with 1211 viewsSwansea_Blue

How much lower will our club sink? on 20:50 - Feb 29 by Johnny_Boy

Hard to say really. Things aren’t great. But a bit of perspective. We aren’t being wound-up & we aren’t languishing at the bottom of L2.

That’s not a true perspective. There’s nobody of our size or resources anywhere near the bottom of league 2. It happens, but ridiculously rarely (e.g. Wolves but years ago now). Sunderland is the only other large club in this division. Yes, we’ve no divine right, but if that’s where we’re setting the bar we may as well all give up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024