Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... 21:30 - Feb 29 with 4889 viewshamburger_sv

...like Charlton and Coventry fans did with their owners?

Poll: Who would be the best owner for Ipswich Town?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:31 - Feb 29 with 4877 viewsitfcjoe

In what way is Evans similar to the owners of those clubs?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:40 - Feb 29 with 4820 viewsJohnny_Boy

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:31 - Feb 29 by itfcjoe

Quite. For all of Evans’ faults, there are far worse football club owners out there.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:41 - Feb 29 with 4810 viewsBackToRussia

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:40 - Feb 29 by Johnny_Boy

Quite. For all of Evans’ faults, there are far worse football club owners out there.

Doesn't mean it's not worthy of a protest.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:46 - Feb 29 with 4774 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That doesn't mean he isn't an horrendous owner, just in a different way.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:47 - Feb 29 with 4771 viewsitfcjoe

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:46 - Feb 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

That doesn't mean he isn't an horrendous owner, just in a different way.

ITFC fans do need some perspective though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:19 - Feb 29 with 4666 viewstractorshark

The sad truth is Evans is not a bad owner but nor is he a good one, either.
Bad owners are those already mentioned, the ones at Charlton, Coventry and I'd add Bury and Bolton to that. Bad owners are the ones that put the club at risk of extinction.
Evans has never seriously done that. You can argue about debt, but he has never given any indication he will leave the club in the lurch.
But he is not a good owner. Evans has made the same mistakes over and over again and, even more inexplicably, expected a different outcome each time.
With the exception of McCarthy, his appointments have been shocking. For me, Simon Clegg was probably the worst. A man who had absolutely zero football knowledge and was as much at fault for wasting cash and squandering opportunities as Keane and Jewell.
Charlie Austin, Shaun Derry anyone? Instead, we got Tamas Priskin.
And that was at a time when Evans was genuinely interested.
But for those who want Evans out, perhaps you should heed the lesson of McCarthy's exit.
It's all very well saying it can't get any worse but it has. McCarthy's time might have been up but we needed better managers to take the club forward after his departure.
If Evans goes, we will need a better owner to take the club forward.
And, let's be honest, where is that person? There aren't many Sheikhs with a desire to spend big on League One football and live in Long Melford.
Unfortunately, we are in a depressing cycle of never-ending 5-year plans, waiting for some managerial magician to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 22:25]
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:25 - Feb 29 with 4627 viewsartsbossbeard

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:41 - Feb 29 by BackToRussia

Doesn't mean it's not worthy of a protest.

Knock yourself out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:50 - Feb 29 with 4568 viewsSwansea_Blue

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:19 - Feb 29 by tractorshark

The sad truth is Evans is not a bad owner but nor is he a good one, either.
Bad owners are those already mentioned, the ones at Charlton, Coventry and I'd add Bury and Bolton to that. Bad owners are the ones that put the club at risk of extinction.
Evans has never seriously done that. You can argue about debt, but he has never given any indication he will leave the club in the lurch.
But he is not a good owner. Evans has made the same mistakes over and over again and, even more inexplicably, expected a different outcome each time.
With the exception of McCarthy, his appointments have been shocking. For me, Simon Clegg was probably the worst. A man who had absolutely zero football knowledge and was as much at fault for wasting cash and squandering opportunities as Keane and Jewell.
Charlie Austin, Shaun Derry anyone? Instead, we got Tamas Priskin.
And that was at a time when Evans was genuinely interested.
But for those who want Evans out, perhaps you should heed the lesson of McCarthy's exit.
It's all very well saying it can't get any worse but it has. McCarthy's time might have been up but we needed better managers to take the club forward after his departure.
If Evans goes, we will need a better owner to take the club forward.
And, let's be honest, where is that person? There aren't many Sheikhs with a desire to spend big on League One football and live in Long Melford.
Unfortunately, we are in a depressing cycle of never-ending 5-year plans, waiting for some managerial magician to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 22:25]

It’s a difficult one. Personally, I don’t think fear of what might be should stop us from moving on. I worry who ME will pick to replace Lambert eventually, of course. And I worry who he’ll hand over ITFC to.

But both of those things feel well overdue to me. We can’t carry on like this. We need a complete overhaul from the top down. I’d rather we try than regret us never trying to change it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 23:40 - Feb 29 with 4476 viewsBackToRussia

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:25 - Feb 29 by artsbossbeard

Knock yourself out.

What does that even mean?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 00:56 - Mar 1 with 4417 viewstractorshark

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 22:50 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

It’s a difficult one. Personally, I don’t think fear of what might be should stop us from moving on. I worry who ME will pick to replace Lambert eventually, of course. And I worry who he’ll hand over ITFC to.

But both of those things feel well overdue to me. We can’t carry on like this. We need a complete overhaul from the top down. I’d rather we try than regret us never trying to change it.

If we had the choice most people would say change is needed.
But that’s the point, there is no choice.
Not with the owner at least. We can change the manager fairly easily but not the owner.
No one wants to buy the club.
If they seriously did want to, Evans would have sold by now.
Don’t listen to the claims that owning Ipswich suits his other businesses.
You can offset some of the losses but you can never make a profit out of a loss-making business.
He is losing serious cash each year, which is why he is only interested in pumping the relative minimum.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 02:27 - Mar 1 with 4343 viewsgroovyASH

He has presided over utter sh1te and decline, so there are some similarities

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 05:28 - Mar 1 with 4284 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 06:32 - Mar 1 with 4230 viewsblueconscience

When enough fans care about the state of their club I guess, too many people are still loving what Evans is doing.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:20 - Mar 1 with 3989 viewsjas0999

Evans has got away without any vocal criticism for some time. Fans should be entitled to voice this dissatisfaction of his very poor ownership. But they won’t. Nor would it make any difference.

Evans will only go if he finds a buyer who is prepared to match his no doubt inflated valuation of the club. We ate told there has been interest. But that doesn’t equate to meeting Evans likely high value for a League One club.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:26 - Mar 1 with 3948 viewsOxford_Blue

He would sell tomorrow if a buyer could be found. Protesting will just damage further confidence within the team.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:27 - Mar 1 with 3940 viewsjobsworthblue

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:20 - Mar 1 by jas0999

Evans has got away without any vocal criticism for some time. Fans should be entitled to voice this dissatisfaction of his very poor ownership. But they won’t. Nor would it make any difference.

Evans will only go if he finds a buyer who is prepared to match his no doubt inflated valuation of the club. We ate told there has been interest. But that doesn’t equate to meeting Evans likely high value for a League One club.

What kind of protest did you have in mind?

1) IRA style dirty protest coupled with a hunger strike?
2) waiving white hankies at the game
3) maybe a mass naked protest?

What form would this protest take?
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:30 - Mar 1 with 3920 viewsOxford_Blue

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:27 - Mar 1 by jobsworthblue

It’s pointless and only tells Evans what he already knows better than anyone. He wants out of the club and would sell if he could.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:57 - Mar 1 with 3850 viewspennblue

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:30 - Mar 1 by Oxford_Blue

It’s pointless and only tells Evans what he already knows better than anyone. He wants out of the club and would sell if he could.

It's not pointless at all. It would speed up this process, it would be bad for Evan's business empire and he would want to get rid quicker, which would force his hand to accept a much lower figure for the club.

All it comes down to is how much would he sell for, and how much debt will he write down.

If he writes down 100% of the debt (for instance), he would sell the club in a flash.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:02 - Mar 1 with 3832 viewsDoctor_Earman

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 21:47 - Feb 29 by itfcjoe

ITFC fans do need some perspective though

Wasn't it you that previously said that ''Evans gets an easy ride from ITFC fans''? You're becoming more and more part of that easy ride.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:06 - Mar 1 with 3818 viewsartsbossbeard

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:02 - Mar 1 by Doctor_Earman

Wasn't it you that previously said that ''Evans gets an easy ride from ITFC fans''? You're becoming more and more part of that easy ride.

Whilst just moaning about it on the internet fixes things.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:18 - Mar 1 with 3757 viewsWeWereZombies

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 08:27 - Mar 1 by jobsworthblue

Actually 2) is not a bad idea. The only place I have ever seen it done is the Nou Camp (and then only towards Rivaldo) but if it is done with tact and restraint it can be an effective admonishment and give everyone pause for thought. Not that Barcelona have amounted to much since 2001...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:44 - Mar 1 with 3710 viewsDoctor_Earman

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:06 - Mar 1 by artsbossbeard

Whilst just moaning about it on the internet fixes things.

Ok boomer.
When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:45 - Mar 1 with 3705 viewsartsbossbeard

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:44 - Mar 1 by Doctor_Earman

Ok boomer.

I've got a bedsheet in the shed plus some crayons if this helps?

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 09:56 - Mar 1 with 3679 viewsArnieM

When do we start mass protesting Evans out... on 00:56 - Mar 1 by tractorshark

If we had the choice most people would say change is needed.
But that’s the point, there is no choice.
Not with the owner at least. We can change the manager fairly easily but not the owner.
No one wants to buy the club.
If they seriously did want to, Evans would have sold by now.
Don’t listen to the claims that owning Ipswich suits his other businesses.
You can offset some of the losses but you can never make a profit out of a loss-making business.
He is losing serious cash each year, which is why he is only interested in pumping the relative minimum.

Added to that, as my new owner STILL cannot invest anymore than Evans is because of the FFP rules. People seem to bury their heads in the sand about this pivotal point !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024