Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 points from 23 games 21:38 - Feb 29 with 4392 viewsitfcjoe

Less than AFC Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, just 5 more than Bolton.....

And people think that is Evans fault and not the manager? Give me strength

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

25 points from 23 games on 21:39 - Feb 29 with 3599 viewsSwansea_Blue

A better PPG ratio than last year, so that’s progress

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

25 points from 23 games on 22:07 - Feb 29 with 3471 viewshector_clifford

Waiting and hoping for your, " le coach et partie" post Joe.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

25 points from 23 games on 22:09 - Feb 29 with 3457 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Surely it can be a combination of both?

I'm not a huge admirer of Lambert, but there are more factors than just him I'm afraid.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

25 points from 23 games on 22:10 - Feb 29 with 3452 viewsitfcjoe

25 points from 23 games on 22:07 - Feb 29 by hector_clifford

Waiting and hoping for your, " le coach et partie" post Joe.

2 tough home games this week, by this time next week things could have for very bad

25 points from 23 games on 22:11 - Feb 29 with 3425 viewsBackToRussia

Easy: it is both their faults.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

25 points from 23 games on 22:12 - Feb 29 with 3422 viewsMelford

At one point it was only us and Liverpool left unbeaten in the top 4 divisions then we fell off a cliff. How can you go from being so brilliant to being so utterly sh*t?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

25 points from 23 games on 22:16 - Feb 29 with 3395 viewshector_clifford

25 points from 23 games on 22:10 - Feb 29 by itfcjoe

2 tough home games this week, by this time next week things could have for very bad

Do you think he could have gone today, if we hadn't got a game on Tuesday?

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

25 points from 23 games on 22:18 - Feb 29 with 3381 viewsvapour_trail

25 points from 23 games on 22:12 - Feb 29 by Melford

At one point it was only us and Liverpool left unbeaten in the top 4 divisions then we fell off a cliff. How can you go from being so brilliant to being so utterly sh*t?

I’m pretty confident we’ve seen the start of that process for Liverpool this evening.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

25 points from 23 games on 22:25 - Feb 29 with 3353 viewsitfcjoe

25 points from 23 games on 22:16 - Feb 29 by hector_clifford

Do you think he could have gone today, if we hadn't got a game on Tuesday?

Don’t think so, if he is to go this season think it will be like when Jim did when it was mathematically impossible for top 6

25 points from 23 games on 22:26 - Feb 29 with 3339 viewsMelford

25 points from 23 games on 22:18 - Feb 29 by vapour_trail

I’m pretty confident we’ve seen the start of that process for Liverpool this evening.

Won't even make Champions League now. Flopp out.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

25 points from 23 games on 22:29 - Feb 29 with 3312 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Wow I actually forgot about this. This was after 14 games as well.

Incredible how far we have fallen.

25 points from 23 games on 22:32 - Feb 29 with 3284 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

25 points from 23 games on 22:09 - Feb 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

I'm not a huge admirer of Lambert, but there are more factors than just him I'm afraid.

Not rocket science though is it?

Evans has presided over us dropping from a top half Championship team with aspirations of promotion to a League One side with aspirations of promotion, the clubs general decline sits firmly at his door

Lambert meanwhile was pitiful for us for 3/4 of a season when we were pathetically relegated from the Championship, and is now savagely underperforming in the third tier. The current run sits firmly with him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

25 points from 23 games on 23:17 - Feb 29 with 3183 viewsBent_double

I made a bet with my son back then, that we would get more points than Liverpool over the season....easy money for him.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

25 points from 23 games on 23:42 - Feb 29 with 3089 viewsRegencyBlue

Lambert has proved to be pretty useless but Evans is the ultimate problem at this club.

His inept ownership has been like watching a slow motion car crash with the club weakened year on year until we are where we are now. The demise will continue until he is gone as well.
25 points from 23 games on 23:58 - Feb 29 with 3029 viewsBlueBadger

Evans is responsible for us getting relegated to division 3. Lambert is responsible for our ever-increasing chances of staying there for the long haul.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

25 points from 23 games on 00:29 - Mar 1 with 2965 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s a fooking disgrace. Mediocrity is not merely accepted at ITFC, it’s positively encouraged by the absent owner. What’s that, you can’t rule effectively via phone calls and once a year address to the nation? Who would have thought it? A culture of underperformance from top to bottom runs through our broken club.

The absolute bastard state of us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

25 points from 23 games on 00:43 - Mar 1 with 2926 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

25 points from 23 games on 22:32 - Feb 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not rocket science though is it?

Evans has presided over us dropping from a top half Championship team with aspirations of promotion to a League One side with aspirations of promotion, the clubs general decline sits firmly at his door

Lambert meanwhile was pitiful for us for 3/4 of a season when we were pathetically relegated from the Championship, and is now savagely underperforming in the third tier. The current run sits firmly with him

No, far from rocket science indeed.

I still sway much more towards it being at Evans door step though. Overseen a catalogue of errors during his tenure at ITFC, mainly due to lack of football men at the club. Led a comfort culture at the club with lack of ambition which has rotted through to the playing squad.

In fairness to Lambert, he was right today in what he said in respect to the fact, it will take a lot to turn this club around, regardless of who is in the hot seat.

25 points from 23 games on 08:32 - Mar 1 with 2539 viewsKeaneish

For all PL’s faults though, look at the players stupid mistakes littering this season. Couple that it’s the inability to put teams to the sword and I have a fraction of empathy for PL. The amount of chances we’ve created in more games than not since Jan should easily have us back in the hunt.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

25 points from 23 games on 08:46 - Mar 1 with 2456 viewspennblue

I *do* think it is Evan's fault. He is at the top of the tree, and the buck stops there, period.

The fact that he did not invest in January (again) was a massive mistake. You have to understand what message that sends out to the entire football club, about the ambition of the owner.

If we had made 2 or 3 new signings, things would be very different. The existing players would be thinking 'this club is going places, I want to be part of it'.

As it is, all we have is the best players p*ssed off (see Judge and Downes yesterday as examples), Norwood ('injured' ala McGoldrick), they just think to themselves, what is the bloody point.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

25 points from 23 games on 09:00 - Mar 1 with 2403 viewsDoctor_Earman

Paul Lambert has proven to be an incredibly poor manager. However, who is it who hired Lambert and continues to persist with him? Marcus Evans. Who is it that gave him a five-year contract meaning that Lambert (and therefore the players also) are under no pressure to succeed? Marcus Evans. Who is accepting of ITFC rotting in League 1 for the foreseeable? Marcus Evans.

Don't get me wrong Lambert is doing an abysmal job but the complacency and acceptance of failure/mediocrity comes from one man: Marcus Evans.
25 points from 23 games on 09:31 - Mar 1 with 2313 viewsjayessess

Ultimately, Lambert is a symptom of Evans. Any other chairman in the football league would've issued his P45 by now. The club is just utterly passive in all things.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

25 points from 23 games on 09:34 - Mar 1 with 2295 viewsHerbivore

25 points from 23 games on 22:09 - Feb 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

What other factors have led to the squad achieving such a pitiful return in the third division?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

25 points from 23 games on 09:39 - Mar 1 with 2263 viewsWD19

25 points from 23 games on 08:32 - Mar 1 by Keaneish

For all PL’s faults though, look at the players stupid mistakes littering this season. Couple that it’s the inability to put teams to the sword and I have a fraction of empathy for PL. The amount of chances we’ve created in more games than not since Jan should easily have us back in the hunt.

Division 3 is characterised by ‘mistakes’. One of the key features of our early season run was the large number of opposition ‘mistakes’ which meant they did not convert easy chances against us.

It’s why you need to be a forward thinking, attacking side in this division. Mistakes happen and many chances get missed. If you are scoring freely you will do well.
25 points from 23 games on 09:39 - Mar 1 with 2262 viewsPinewoodblue

25 points from 23 games on 08:46 - Mar 1 by pennblue

I *do* think it is Evan's fault. He is at the top of the tree, and the buck stops there, period.

The fact that he did not invest in January (again) was a massive mistake. You have to understand what message that sends out to the entire football club, about the ambition of the owner.

If we had made 2 or 3 new signings, things would be very different. The existing players would be thinking 'this club is going places, I want to be part of it'.

As it is, all we have is the best players p*ssed off (see Judge and Downes yesterday as examples), Norwood ('injured' ala McGoldrick), they just think to themselves, what is the bloody point.

Evans is not responsible to anyone, he has no shareholders to report to. He has made mistakes when he has appointed key personnel, but his biggest failing is not acting quick enough once those mistakes are obvious.

To my mind the players find themselves in the same position they were with MM. They are openly supportive but behind the scenes not so much so. They are going through the motions, it is just a job.I am not convinced they fully understand / support what Lambert’s is trying to get them to do .

It should be an experience shared by everyone, an adventure, like in the year we finished 5th.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

25 points from 23 games on 09:41 - Mar 1 with 2247 viewsReuser_is_God

25 points from 23 games on 00:29 - Mar 1 by Illinoisblue

It’s a fooking disgrace. Mediocrity is not merely accepted at ITFC, it’s positively encouraged by the absent owner. What’s that, you can’t rule effectively via phone calls and once a year address to the nation? Who would have thought it? A culture of underperformance from top to bottom runs through our broken club.

The absolute bastard state of us.

Absolutely bang on.

We’re also part of that problem as fans after happy clapping the relegation (which I could kind of understand, getting behind the club etc when they most need us) however it’s gone on too long now & with our chances of an immediate return are now zero we should be giving the players, manager & owner all the sh1t they thoroughly deserve.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024