Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All time low 22:54 - Feb 29 with 1778 viewsRRB

I’ll be honest but today’s result didn’t affect my mood at all. It’s starting to show how bad the club is in that I’m so used to being disappointed that I don’t care if we lose and don’t get overly excited when we win.

Anyone else feel this way?

Not sure if this is because Lambert needs to go and any win will keep Lambert in the job. Anyways the only chance we have of play offs is if we bring in a new manager and get a good bounce of that.
All time low on 22:57 - Feb 29 with 1742 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

A lot of apathy to be honest from a personal point of view. I have been a Season Ticket holder for many of year, and have dedicated a lot of time and money to following Ipswich, but won't continue forever.

Never too high when we win, never too low when we lose. Love the club and will continue to do so, but the lack of ambition reflects on fans. If a fan has no hope for their club, what have they got? what is the point?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

All time low on 22:59 - Feb 29 with 1723 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope. I’m thoroughly pissed of with the state of our club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

All time low on 23:07 - Feb 29 with 1682 views3_5_2

I went to the Oxford game not expecting us to win and I feel the same about getting more than one point from this weeks 2 home games

Listening to the radio when Freddie missed his chance at the end, Both Brenner and Alex had been saying someone would win it and I never feel it will be us any more, it was same old, same old

I have a season ticket with my daughter and to be honest, she is losing interest (she is 12) and I am questioning freezing my nuts off v Fleetwood on Tuesday.

If we are losing with 10 minutes to go I may leave a game early for the first time in over 45 years

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

All time low on 23:30 - Feb 29 with 1616 viewsRRB

All time low on 22:59 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

Nope. I’m thoroughly pissed of with the state of our club.

I find it hard to be pissed off with the club because I’m starting to accept the fact that there won’t be any change in terms of vision of the club and the ambitions to bring this club forward.
All time low on 23:40 - Feb 29 with 1573 viewsRyorry

Numbness probably isn't the worst state to be in. If our decline is getting people in normally good health down that's one thing, but I can't help worrying a bit about straws & camels' backs for supporters on here who've said they struggle with depression at the best of times.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

All time low on 23:40 - Feb 29 with 1579 viewsevansblue

Like you I am not overly bothered and expected a defeat today.
I think we all know Lamberts time is up and it's a case of when will he leave not will he leave.
Roll on 20/21!!!!
All time low on 23:54 - Feb 29 with 1544 viewsBlueBadger

If it helps, we probably haven;t hit rock bottom yet.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All time low on 23:56 - Feb 29 with 1545 viewsRonFearonsHair

No, you’re right.

A 93rd minute defeat to a mid-table team with nothing to play for should be a frustrating infuriating disappointment.

But this being Ipswich it’s more of a tedious, predictable routine. Oh look, a completely underwhelming ex-loan player set up their winner too. Been there, seen that, done it before.

Which is the saddest, most damning indictment of all.
Login to get fewer ads

All time low on 00:00 - Mar 1 with 1528 viewsEireannach_gorm

All time low on 23:07 - Feb 29 by 3_5_2

I went to the Oxford game not expecting us to win and I feel the same about getting more than one point from this weeks 2 home games

Listening to the radio when Freddie missed his chance at the end, Both Brenner and Alex had been saying someone would win it and I never feel it will be us any more, it was same old, same old

I have a season ticket with my daughter and to be honest, she is losing interest (she is 12) and I am questioning freezing my nuts off v Fleetwood on Tuesday.

If we are losing with 10 minutes to go I may leave a game early for the first time in over 45 years

That is a sad reflection on what the club has become. it's bad when there is no joy in supporting your club any more.
All time low on 00:03 - Mar 1 with 1520 viewsRocky

I have had the same feeling over many decades of supporting Ipswich. You never want us to lose, but when we do you just hope it will mean a change of management.
It's a kind of release from the gloom - yet you can't help feeling like a traitor to the cause.
I remember feeling it after serial setbacks with John Duncan, Paul Jewell, Keane, Hurst etc.
But this time, it's different. Lambert has a five year contract - and I don't expect this latest defeat to change things one bit.
That's what is so depressing.
All time low on 02:34 - Mar 1 with 1398 viewsIllinoisblue

There once was a time when I fire up iFollow every Saturday without fail. Last couple of months it’s been less and less. Rathe watch my kids play basketball than watch Lambert ruin us more each week.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

All time low on 02:51 - Mar 1 with 1374 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Its not the despair but the hope.

Odd thing is despite all the inconsistencies and crap scores and performance that come along the team remain in a very good position to challenge.

All right we may not get an auto promotion but the top six remains very much on and we got players out that can return by end of season. If Lambert's ass was fired tomorrow there would be some added enthusiasm and potential enjoyment from a personal level but you realize that's not going to happen. I think the manager summed it up best today with a statement of sorts in declaring a promotion chance is still very much a reality.

In other words there's no sense in just giving up (saying) we're a poor ineffective team and the season is over before that's even confirmed status.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024