Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still believe in the long term approach? 11:13 - Mar 1 with 254 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

24 hours after is always a better time to reflect. The game in isolation yesterday is essence we were robbed. We never deserved to walk away from Blackpool with anything less than a point bare minimum, and the hardened Blackpool fan will say we probably deserved to win.

We actually played some very good stuff after the 20 minute mark and created more than enough chances to win 2 games, but that sounds familiar.

Positives yesterday were Sears, Bishop, Dobra and Simpson all getting on the pitch.

Negative for me was Woolfenden, thought he was poor yesterday, caught out of position down that side a little and don’t think he is as ready as Downes to make a step up.

Poses the question, is this a failure in preparation or a failure in execution? I’m leaning towards failure in execution? And realistically is that on Lamberts shoulders, I’d suggest not. Time after time we create chances that we don’t punish the opposition for, and similarly individual errors are costing us at the back.

I still think he’ll be here longer term for the ‘rebuild’, and still believe Evans will back him regardless of how this season concludes.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 11:15]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024