Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday 12:36 - Mar 1 with 1080 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I can’t work out if he is a good keeper or not. One game I think he’s really solid and then he is giving me heart attacks by going full Will Norris and charging off his line.
Should’ve saved the first one probably.

Alas, that’s not problem. There is a lot of good Will in keeping the ball and passing around. But you have to do something with it. It was possession for possessions sake for a lot of the game yesterday. I would love Warnock. He should’ve come in January. But is he going to get Will Keane and Freddie sears scoring, i’m not sure.

Worth a punt I guess, we cannot stick with this absolute fraud.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

One thing he definitely isn't..... on 12:40 - Mar 1 with 1067 viewsBloots

….is solid.

He rarely catches the simplest of shots at the first attempt and he's been charging off his line at regular intervals most of the season.

But he's tall and likes it here.

So that keeps most people happy.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:43 - Mar 1 with 1048 viewsEnigma_Blue

He is neither good or bad. He is LG1 standard, you have expect inconsistent performances.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 12:53]
Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:51 - Mar 1 with 1011 viewshammo56

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:43 - Mar 1 by Enigma_Blue

He is neither good or bad. He is LG1 standard, you have expect inconsistent performances.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 12:53]

Exactly. If he was any better then he wouldn’t be here.
Still prefer him over Norris though especially as he is our player.
Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:54 - Mar 1 with 989 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think that’s slightly harsh.

He’s very ambitious, I’ll give him that, but it will have its pros and cons. We saw a few cons yesterday with him rushing out into no mans lands, but saw a pro when he rushed over his line and swept to ball from the strikers feet on a 1v1.

He’s outstanding at commanding his area from crosses, claims mists things, a good kicker, a dominant presence. As long as he doesn’t Cruyff turn on his goal line he can stay in goal.

He’s a solid League 1 goalkeeper, more concerning areas than Tomas.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:55 - Mar 1 with 985 viewsBluebell

Agree. Two or three times yesterday he was so far off his line he was lucky to get back in time. Once he was near the corner flag!

I said he was ‘doing a Norris’.
Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 12:56 - Mar 1 with 979 viewsJakeITFC

He is not a good goalkeeper.
Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 13:00 - Mar 1 with 961 viewsChrisd

If Holy is making the decision to come off his line and committing to it, I feel that's fair enough and at least the defence know he's coming once he's made up his mind. Norris is the complete opposite and indecisive, not knowing if to stick or twist and allows things to develop around him. From the highlights, Holy looked commanding dealing with the high balls into the box, again something Norris doesn't. I agree I thought the first goal he should've thrown his cap on it or pushed around the post. He looked to be diving in stages, it looked in slow motion. We have to accept that Holy is going to make mistakes that's why he's in L1, it's how he reacts that's important.

The passing is something we've always done under PL, that's why our possession % is so high because we pass it around in areas that don't actually hurt teams and the opposition are quite happy for us to do it in front of them, so let us have it. We just don't pass the ball quickly enough and we lack pace throughout the side, once we break we're so slow in getting the ball forward we turn back and allow them to get back into position so all momentum is then lost.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 13:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 13:10 - Mar 1 with 924 viewsDublinBlue84

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 13:00 - Mar 1 by Chrisd

If Holy is making the decision to come off his line and committing to it, I feel that's fair enough and at least the defence know he's coming once he's made up his mind. Norris is the complete opposite and indecisive, not knowing if to stick or twist and allows things to develop around him. From the highlights, Holy looked commanding dealing with the high balls into the box, again something Norris doesn't. I agree I thought the first goal he should've thrown his cap on it or pushed around the post. He looked to be diving in stages, it looked in slow motion. We have to accept that Holy is going to make mistakes that's why he's in L1, it's how he reacts that's important.

The passing is something we've always done under PL, that's why our possession % is so high because we pass it around in areas that don't actually hurt teams and the opposition are quite happy for us to do it in front of them, so let us have it. We just don't pass the ball quickly enough and we lack pace throughout the side, once we break we're so slow in getting the ball forward we turn back and allow them to get back into position so all momentum is then lost.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 13:05]

"He looked to be diving in stages, it looked in slow motion."

A former colleague is a Gillingham fan and told me that Holy was 'worked out' by quite a few teams last year, in that he has a serious weakness with low shots as he cannot get down to them and dives almost in stages and slow motion. He felt that if most sides worked it out which thankfully they didn't last season, then he would become a liability.

Yes I think Holy has some good attributes but if opponents start to prey on the weakness on low shots towards the corner that he can't get down to we will have a problem.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 13:12 - Mar 1 with 910 viewsjaykay

don't worry we have a great goalkeeper coach. he was signed lambert. oh wait

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tomas Holy was all over the place yesterday on 13:16 - Mar 1 with 892 viewsLankHenners

He's ok. Has somewhat of a cult status which has seen him get more praise than he's probably deserved and a push back to that which has seen people be over-critical.

He's performed better than Norris so deserves to be the number 1 currently and is hardly the most pressing concern with the team.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024