Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The only way Warnock would make sense 14:42 - Mar 1 with 1341 viewsclive_baker

Is if it happened today, or tomorrow. Given he’s openly said he’s retiring at the end of the season and, would appear unlikely to change his mind on that, all he offers us right now is a final roll of the dice with regards to this season, and that could be all but over this time next week if we’re 8+ points off the playoffs. Evans hasn’t got the b0llocks or desire to invest in a punt, in the hope we might sneak into a playoffs that we would likely lose anyway. It’s easier and cheaper for him to sit tight, write this season off and sack Lambert when it’s mathematically impossible for us to make the playoffs.

The only way I see that changing is Warnock agreeing to carry on for one more season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:47 - Mar 1 with 1296 viewsAce_High1

The problem is, he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

What ever we all think of the merits of the 5 year deal, just two months ago he awarded it to Lambert. To now sack him will be admitting to a massive error on his part and most successful people (in his own field, not football club ownership!) have egos that won't allow them to humiliate themselves but having a complete change of mind.

I think we are stuck with Lambert for at least another year unless he does the honourable thing and walks away in the summer.

Other than us being desperate to see ITFC prompted, Warnock at this stage makes no sense. He won't have long enough to change things and get the results to go up this year and he is retiring at the end of the season. Last summer was the time if we wanted to go down that route.
The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:49 - Mar 1 with 1291 viewsitfcjoe

Lose on Tuesday and it’s over, we’ll be 5 behind Fleetwood and they’ll have 2 in hand

Really is now or never, I could see him wanting another year but is there much point

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 1250 viewsLankHenners

Yep. Should have got him in 2 or 3 months ago but Evans kept faith in a blind prophet hoping for a miracle. Far too late to change anything, more in terms of number of teams we need to overtake than anything else. If Colin sticks to his retirement plan of stepping away at the end of this season, which there's very little chance he won't, then there's no point him really coming here anyway.

Better to sack Lambert off and bring in someone like Nathan Jones, e.g., who will definitely be here next season so he can have a running start at pre-season with a couple of months of getting to know the squad and what he wants to do with it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 1254 viewsWD19

Hire him as Lamberts assistant.

And then ask Lambert to focus on a ‘special project’ for a few weeks.
The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:57 - Mar 1 with 1224 viewsGuthrum

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:47 - Mar 1 by Ace_High1

The problem is, he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

What ever we all think of the merits of the 5 year deal, just two months ago he awarded it to Lambert. To now sack him will be admitting to a massive error on his part and most successful people (in his own field, not football club ownership!) have egos that won't allow them to humiliate themselves but having a complete change of mind.

I think we are stuck with Lambert for at least another year unless he does the honourable thing and walks away in the summer.

Other than us being desperate to see ITFC prompted, Warnock at this stage makes no sense. He won't have long enough to change things and get the results to go up this year and he is retiring at the end of the season. Last summer was the time if we wanted to go down that route.

The thing Warnock (or someone similar) can do is inject some fight and cut out mistakes. Which might give the team enough drive to get into the playoffs and maybe stand a chance of winning them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:36 - Mar 1 with 1094 viewsBent_double

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:53 - Mar 1 by WD19

I was wondering whether this would be possible!

It won't, of course, because Lambert will see that coming a mile off and be straight on the phone to a lawyer! It's a shame, he might actually learn something from Colin, and as he keeps on saying, the club is more important than any individual, so he should just swallow his pride and accept the help!

I agree it needs to be done now, if Colin is to come in, we can't afford to lose points to Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth, it's now or never.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:50 - Mar 1 with 1053 viewsBlueBadger

The only way Warnock would make sense on 14:53 - Mar 1 by WD19

Just 'promote' Lambert to head of marketing and have done with it. Saves having to pay him off.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:54 - Mar 1 with 1031 viewsReuser_is_God

I didn’t realise he had said he’s definitely retiring at the end of the season, if that is the case then he can get to fcuk.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:58 - Mar 1 with 1007 viewsnorfsufblue

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:50 - Mar 1 by BlueBadger

Just 'promote' Lambert to head of marketing and have done with it. Saves having to pay him off.

He'd be much better at O'Neils job anyway so I know who I'd move on..?
The only way Warnock would make sense on 16:05 - Mar 1 with 964 viewsBent_double

The only way Warnock would make sense on 15:54 - Mar 1 by Reuser_is_God

I didn’t realise he had said he’s definitely retiring at the end of the season, if that is the case then he can get to fcuk.

Managers always say that, then a few months after 'retirement', the partner gets fed up with them moping around the house all day with nothing to do, and tells them to go back to work.

If Colin comes here, and by some miracle gets us promoted, I'm sure he'll relish the chance to see what he can do with us in the Champ. In the same way, if he were to be offered a 12 month contract in the summer to get us out of L1, that will probably suit him too.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The only way Warnock would make sense on 16:16 - Mar 1 with 917 viewsstrikalite

The only way Warnock would make sense on 16:05 - Mar 1 by Bent_double

Managers always say that, then a few months after 'retirement', the partner gets fed up with them moping around the house all day with nothing to do, and tells them to go back to work.

If Colin comes here, and by some miracle gets us promoted, I'm sure he'll relish the chance to see what he can do with us in the Champ. In the same way, if he were to be offered a 12 month contract in the summer to get us out of L1, that will probably suit him too.

He's a football man , in his blood, he'll miss it of course he will, I think he'd do well here right now, offer him 18 months and he'd be here, trouble is as said we're all wasting our time talking about it because of the obvious, our pi$$ poor sit on his hands owner..

I love his enthusiasm, very upbeat, knows a player etc... perfect too for this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024