Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another VAR call 16:40 - Mar 1 with 1005 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone who saw the Man Utd Everton game, I thought the ruled out goal for Everton was very harsh. Didn't seem to be obstructing goalkeeper's view and did well to avoid touching the ball.

If DeGea's view was obstructed he wouldn't have moved across for the initial shot. Whether he could see the deflection or not, he was never going to make it back across to make the save. The fact he saw the initial shot, the Everton player was on the ground and De Gea was standing means his view was not obscured.

Very harsh in my view.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another VAR call on 17:03 - Mar 1 with 959 viewsstrikalite

The only thing is, when you slow it down, you can see De Gea hesitating a bit looking at the Everton player on the floor waiting to see if he lets it go or helps the ball on, at first I thought yeah should be allowed as he didn't touch it, but seen it again and from keepers point of view probably right decision imo...(and I hate ManU!)
Another VAR call on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 949 viewssohamblue74

Totally agree. VAR is absolutely dreadful.
Not a surprise that Man Utd get so many dodgy VAR decisions. Huge bias towards the so called big clubs.
Also. How over rated is De Gea in goal for them. Been bang average for last 2 seasons. He is no Dean Gerken for sure...
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 17:07]
Another VAR call on 17:14 - Mar 1 with 925 viewsJ2BLUE

I wanted the goal to stand but it was the correct call. Clear offside. However minor the interference was it was clear.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another VAR call on 17:23 - Mar 1 with 896 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another VAR call on 17:03 - Mar 1 by strikalite

The only thing is, when you slow it down, you can see De Gea hesitating a bit looking at the Everton player on the floor waiting to see if he lets it go or helps the ball on, at first I thought yeah should be allowed as he didn't touch it, but seen it again and from keepers point of view probably right decision imo...(and I hate ManU!)

By the time it reaches the Everton player it is far too late. It is the deflection and/or the initial shot he has to have been unsighted for. By moving out of the way of the ball he isn't interfering with play unless he is unsighting the keeper. Will have to see it again to see if my view changes but felt it was a very harsh decision.

Another VAR call on 17:30 - Mar 1 with 876 viewsstrikalite

Another VAR call on 17:23 - Mar 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

By the time it reaches the Everton player it is far too late. It is the deflection and/or the initial shot he has to have been unsighted for. By moving out of the way of the ball he isn't interfering with play unless he is unsighting the keeper. Will have to see it again to see if my view changes but felt it was a very harsh decision.

Watch it again on MOTD, he's on the floor and the ball is coming directly towards him , therefore has to be interfering...

Be interesting to see how they see it later though..
Another VAR call on 17:36 - Mar 1 with 857 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another VAR call on 17:30 - Mar 1 by strikalite

Watch it again on MOTD, he's on the floor and the ball is coming directly towards him , therefore has to be interfering...

Be interesting to see how they see it later though..

I can see that point. Will have to watch it again. If it is the idea that by it going towards him and him having to get out of the way to avoid it hitting him, I get the point. Not sure that is the rule, though, is it? By not contacting the ball nor obstructing the keeper's view he is not interfering with play. I also see the point that if De Gea has waited until the ball has past him to decide how to react but he hasn't. He has already reacted to the initial shot and cannot react to the deflection off Maguire which he can clearly see.

Maybe my view will change when I see it again. I get the feeling everyone else see it as a correct call so I am probably seeing it wrong.

Another VAR call on 17:39 - Mar 1 with 848 viewsm14_blue

I thought it was debatable, probably the right call but thought if there was doubt they should go with the on field decision.

Either way, VAR is a pile of sh1te and has massively hastened my falling out of love with football.
Another VAR call on 17:43 - Mar 1 with 827 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another VAR call on 17:39 - Mar 1 by m14_blue

I thought it was debatable, probably the right call but thought if there was doubt they should go with the on field decision.

Either way, VAR is a pile of sh1te and has massively hastened my falling out of love with football.

Had they made a clear on-field decision or left it to VAR to decide?

I thought the VAR call was to see if he had touched the ball and he clearly hadn't. However, if he was obstructing the view of the keeper it would be right to rule it out for that. I am not convinced he was without seeing it again.

Login to get fewer ads

Another VAR call on 17:44 - Mar 1 with 822 viewsm14_blue

Another VAR call on 17:43 - Mar 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Had they made a clear on-field decision or left it to VAR to decide?

I thought the VAR call was to see if he had touched the ball and he clearly hadn't. However, if he was obstructing the view of the keeper it would be right to rule it out for that. I am not convinced he was without seeing it again.

Gave the goal initially I think.
Another VAR call on 17:48 - Mar 1 with 793 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another VAR call on 17:44 - Mar 1 by m14_blue

Gave the goal initially I think.

Sky gave that impression and that is the way it tends to work isn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024